Should police unions be abolished?

lots of unions seem to be kinda corrupt.....ok so who intervenes if the employees are getting fucked over and there is unsafe working conditions?....

Board of Labor (or whatever that state calls it) or OSHA.
lol....i see you have never worked for the federal govt.....a sister agency dont do shit without the union getting on them....at least in the PO thats the way it was....OSHA was shit....

Considering the recent pandemic, the potential for garbageman strikes seems to be a bigger threat to the health and welfare of the big city citizens than Police unions. Why not abolish all municipal unions? Who y'all left wing hypocrites gonna call when you hear that bump in the night, a garbageman? It should be noted that some politicians, namely the governor of NY, are responsible for about 3,000 illegal deaths (Black and White) in nursing homes than a single rogue Policeman. Keep in mind that Police Unions pay for the funerals of Police Officers killed in the line of duty. So far 94 this year.

Considering the recent pandemic, the potential for garbageman strikes seems to be a bigger threat to the health and welfare of the big city citizens than Police unions. Why not abolish all municipal unions? Who y'all left wing hypocrites gonna call when you hear that bump in the night, a garbageman? It should be noted that some politicians, namely the governor of NY, are responsible for about 3,000 illegal deaths (Black and White) in nursing homes than a single rogue Policeman. Keep in mind that Police Unions pay for the funerals of Police Officers killed in the line of duty. So far 94 this year.

I haven't heard of any garbage union employees killing anyone. Have you?

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.
Ana Avendaño, former member of an AFL-CIO race commission

Not abolished, but certainly they need to have their power to do harm, and to protect bad cops, eliminated.

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.

Not abolished, but certainly they need to have their power to do harm, and to protect bad cops, eliminated.

Other unions protect bad workers. The UAW protected convicted war criminals like John Demjanjuk for decades.

Other unions protect bad workers. The UAW protected convicted war criminals like John Demjanjuk for decades.

How many people did UAW members choke and kill?

How many people did UAW members choke and kill?
there was an auto worker who killed his wife.....does that count?......

You can't get rid of police unions without getting rid of all the other corrupt unions who bribe Dem politicians so, yeah police unions are not going anywhere.

I haven't heard of any garbage union employees killing anyone. Have you?
Dallas Texas, Memphis Tenn, sanitation co-worker murders. Other areas like Bangor Ma, possible homicide. The NY Dept Health estimated upwards of 100 people died during the sanitation union worker strike of '68.

The two police officers who shoved elderly man to the ground have pleaded "not guilty" to assault charges - and released "without bail". Disgusting. Just reported on CNN.

1591486494928.png

Democrats wanting to end a union lol can’t make this shit up haha

The two police officers who shoved elderly man to the ground have pleaded "not guilty" to assault charges - and released "without bail". Disgusting. Just reported on CNN.
Buffalo Police knocked a 75 year old man to the ground but CNN apparently wasn't shocked when about 3,000 elderly men and women were doomed to die when the NY governor ordered nursing homes to admit infected patients. Nobody was fired and Andy Cuomo still enjoys the protection of about a hundred well armed State Troopers while Buffalo Police struggle with demonstrators and businesses in New York City are being looted and ruined.

Last edited:

Wait a minute, now you want to abolish police unions? What the hell happened to abolishing the police? If you did abolish the police would they still have unions? You fricken clowns need to think these things through before burning cities.

They don't actively protect members who are killing people, and abusing civil Rights, NOW. Police unions do.

You know of any other unions besides firefighter that can't strike?

And your point is...?
My point is that if you abolish the union, there'd be hell to pay. People who live in shitholes like yourself are the ones who call the cops the most.

How do you know where I live? I live in a very rural mountainous area.

If you live in a very rural area, you don't understand the inner cities. People make all kinds of bullshit complaints about the police and the unions help them address those bullshit lies.

Funny. During my career I have lived and worked in large cities - including D.C. In fact, I was working in D.C. during the Martin Luther King riots in 1968. It was hell.

Your French ?

download (6).jpeg

You know of any other unions besides firefighter that can't strike?

And your point is...?
My point is that if you abolish the union, there'd be hell to pay. People who live in shitholes like yourself are the ones who call the cops the most.

How do you know where I live? I live in a very rural mountainous area.

If you live in a very rural area, you don't understand the inner cities. People make all kinds of bullshit complaints about the police and the unions help them address those bullshit lies.

Funny. During my career I have lived and worked in large cities - including D.C. In fact, I was working in D.C. during the Martin Luther King riots in 1968. It was hell.

Your French ?

View attachment 346745

Iron Eyes Cody was Italian.

Forum List

Back