Should police unions be abolished?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.
Ana Avendaño, former member of an AFL-CIO race commission

Last edited:
Now leftbats are into union busting....We've officially made it to clown world!

Nice.gif

From the OP:

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.

No, police unions should not be eliminated, but their influence should be curtailed. Given the job police have to do and how politicized it has become, they need to have some kind of third party protection from zealous politicians and rabblerousers in the public that would be ready to have them publicly hanged even when their actions are perfectly justified. The problem with police unions is too many of them are giving cover to the bad cops out there and that's what needs to change. The unions are putting bad cops back out on the streets.

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

Now that the police unions aren't supporting a Democrat. Time to get rid of them. Minorities need to take notice, better stay on the plantation, or else.

From the OP:

You really ought to read up on the labor riots of the late 19th and early 20th centuries if you actually believe that propaganda is true.

No, police unions should not be eliminated, but their influence should be curtailed. Given the job police have to do and how politicized it has become, they need to have some kind of third party protection from zealous politicians and rabblerousers in the public that would be ready to have them publicly hanged even when their actions are perfectly justified. The problem with police unions is too many of them are giving cover to the bad cops out there and that's what needs to change. The unions are putting bad cops back out on the streets.

I agree with some of that.

From the OP:

You really ought to read up on the labor riots of the late 19th and early 20th centuries if you actually believe that propaganda is true.

Maybe you should also.

From the OP:

Doctors has killed people on purpose. You for getting rid of them. Hell the Clinton's have killed alot of people.

From the OP:

Jay Gould "I can hire 1/2 of the working class to kill the other 1/2"

From the OP:

Doctors has killed people on purpose. You for getting rid of them. Hell the Clinton's have killed alot of people.

Why must you taint this thread with your political bias? This thread is not a Democrat verses Republican problem - it's an American problem.

You know of any other unions besides firefighter that can't strike?

From the OP:

Maybe you should also.

I have and I'm from the heavily unionized northeast which is exactly why I know what I'm talking about and you do not. Both pro-union and anti-union working people were murdering each other in the streets.

You know of any other unions besides firefighter that can't strike?

And your point is...?

The Constitution recognizes the right of the people, including Police Officers, to peacefully assemble and the right to free association. Further, it guarantees the right of people- including police- to petition the government with grievances. You could do away with collective bargaining for government employees including the cops. But, no , you can't get rid of police unions.

Forum List

Back