Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No im a moron and listen to Obama and Tyson Whatshisname

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Maybe it's just me but I always felt Pluto received a bad reputation through no faults of it's own. Let it be a planet for the sake of intergalactic peace.

They should rename Hillary, Pluto, and let the chips fall where they may. That way, judging by the size of Hillary's ass, planetary status could be a short putt.

For a long time, we had no formal definition of what a “planet” actually was. We had come to0 be aware of nine objects in our solar system which we called “planets”. We were also aware of many, much smaller objects, such as asteroids, comets,and such, that we did not consider to be “planets”. But we didn't have a formal definition of what exactly constituted a “planet”.

With such technological advances as the Hubble Telescope, we became aware of dozens of objects in our solar system, larger than Pluto.

With the awareness of these other objects, in 2006, the International Astronomical Union met, finally, to come up with a formal definition of just what exactly constituted a “planet”.

The definition on which they finally settled includes these three criteria…
  1. is in orbit around the Sun,
  2. has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape), and
  3. has "cleared the neighborhood" around its orbit.

Pluto does not meet that last requirement. A competing proposal had only the first two requirements. That definition would have included Pluto, but it would have also included dozens of other now-known objects, and unknown many more yet to be discovered.

There really isn't any rational way to include Pluto in the formal definition of a “planet”, while excluding the dozens of other recently-discovered objects.

So who's the dumbass that took it away in the first place???????

I mean, how am I ever going to remember the planetary positions if one of them isn't included????

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

Nine what???? IF they'd left it alone, would be Pumpkins (Pluto)…..but without it, it just leaves a big hole of a question. :aargh:

I mean, how am I ever going to remember the planetary positions if one of them isn't included????

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

Nine what???? IF they'd left it alone, would be Pumpkins (Pluto)…..but without it, it just leaves a big hole of a question. :aargh:

This is the first time I heard of this ( what do you call it????

I forgot)

All I remember is H.O.M.E.S

Huron

Ontario

Michigan

Erie

Superior

The eight planets are all orbit (mostly) in a plane, the ecliptic ... Pluto is severely inclined to the ecliptic at around 30º ... this implies Pluto's formation was somewhat different than the eight planets ... as mentioned above, there's many objects like Pluto out there, and there's a sense all these objects are classified together ... research continues ...

Pluto was the eighth planet when I was growing up, Neptune was the ninth ... I think it was 1989 when Pluto passed outside the orbit of Neptune ...

For a long time, we had no formal definition of what a “planet” actually was. We had come to0 be aware of nine objects in our solar system which we called “planets”. We were also aware of many, much smaller objects, such as asteroids, comets,and such, that we did not consider to be “planets”. But we didn't have a formal definition of what exactly constituted a “planet”.

With such technological advances as the Hubble Telescope, we became aware of dozens of objects in our solar system, larger than Pluto.

With the awareness of these other objects, in 2006, the International Astronomical Union met, finally, to come up with a formal definition of just what exactly constituted a “planet”.

2. has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape), and

Pluto does not meet that last requirement. A competing proposal had only the first two requirements. That definition would have included Pluto, but it would have also included dozens of other now-known objects, and unknown many more yet to be discovered.

There really isn't any rational way to include Pluto in the formal definition of a “planet”, while excluding the dozens of other recently-discovered objects.

So if their are bigger objects then Pluto, how did he find Pluto and not the rest, with out powerful telescopes?

Pluto came late , what was it 1912 when discovered?

So if their are bigger objects then Pluto, how did he find Pluto and not the rest, with out powerful telescopes?

Pluto came late , what was it 1912 when discovered?

Damn I almost said 1930, I don't know why I second guessed myself.

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

I forgot)

Huron

Ontario

Michigan

Erie

Superior

That was from like elementary school and taught as a way of remembering the planets and their position and distance from the sun. One of the few things my mind hasn't lost yet.

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pumpkins.

I do not remember H.O.M.E.S...….but then I'm not from that area and may not have been taught it. :dunno:

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

I forgot)

Huron

Ontario

Michigan

Erie

Superior

That was from like elementary school and taught as a way of remembering the planets and their position and distance from the sun. One of the few things my mind hasn't lost yet.

I do not remember H.O.M.E.S...….but then I'm not from that area and may not have been taught it. :dunno:

Homes was from my elementary school era 1970s I never heard of yours till now, it was hard for me to remember them in the 2nd grade and times tables was a bitch in the 3rd grade. Lol

Good god why did they make us remember them when we have smart phones now?

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

I forgot)

Huron

Ontario

Michigan

Erie

Superior

Homes was from my elementary school era 1970s I never heard of yours till now, it was hard for me to remember them in the 2nd grade and times tables was a bitch in the 3rd grade. Lol

Cause back then, WE were the smart phones. (they weren't invented yet)

I did ok with the times tables when I learned it was just counting by X number. Although 9's, when written out 1 thru 10...the answer is the numbers reversed.

9x1=09
9x2=18
9x3=27
9x4=36
9x5=45
then reversed
9x6=54
9x7=63
9x8=72
9x9=81
9x10=90

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

Pineapples...

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

I forgot)

Huron

Ontario

Michigan

Erie

Superior

Cause back then, WE were the smart phones. (they weren't invented yet)

I did ok with the times tables when I learned it was just counting by X number. Although 9's, when written out 1 thru 10...the answer is the numbers reversed.

9x1=09
9x2=18
9x3=27
9x4=36
9x5=45
then reversed
9x6=54
9x7=63
9x8=72
9x9=81
9x10=90

Dang.