Should McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Clemens, etc. be in the HOF?

Of course they do. Guys who are already having HoF careers don’t risk taking illegal substances unless the reward is really high.
The high reward is the MLB salary.

If you thought the PEDs would make the difference between a short career on the minors making peanuts and becoming a multimillionaire, you would take them too.

They are still all over the league.

The high reward is the MLB salary.

If you thought the PEDs would make the difference between a short career on the minors making peanuts and becoming a multimillionaire, you would take them too.

They are still all over the league.
I'm relatively aware of what the reward is the salary, fame, endorsement money etc. Anyone who gets caught shouldn't be in the HoF. Pretty simple. The MLB doesn't want PED's in the league (and neither should the fans) there has to be some long-term punishment if you get caught taking them. Will it eliminate them from the game? Of course not. But it will certainly curb it to some degree. If you take away the risk more and more players will take them. Even guys who wouldnt have considered it would if for no other reason than they have to, to compete with those that are. If BB said that's why he took them I'd believe it he was a great player before he started with the PED's it really doesn't make sense that he started taking them.

I guess it comes down to what you want to see when you go to the Hall of Fame...

Do you want to see 75% of the league's history, or do you want to see 100% of the leagues history.

I prefer 100%... with everything proven known.

Having a bunch of childish, ego-driven, nasty sports writers decide the fates of baseball players is criminal. These plumpy dolts revel in their power, and they wield it too. Aw, poor baby... Barry Bonds wasn't nice to you.. boo-hoo.

Forum List

Back