Should I look to rent a house ???

Carpet is for complete assholes. Wallpaper deserves the death sentence.
Wood flooring, in the north, deserves a BJ.....on a cool area rug
God Invented porcelain tile.
Have to agree...you'd be better off even with those vinyl wood looking planks-----last longer, easier to clean, etc.

We have carpeting, in the north, it is a mess, discussing change with the wife, she says that wood floors still wear, and it is harder to then fix.

We have carpeting, in the north, it is a mess, discussing change with the wife, she says that wood floors still wear, and it is harder to then fix.

Even soft woods will last longer than carpet ... Southern Yellow Pine or Douglas Fir will last 75 years ... the Oak or Maple that bowling alleys are made of should last over 100 years ... baby-making fluids clean right up without the embarrassing stains ...
They have "fake wood" now that looks pretty OK.
I have a sawmill so fake don't make

View attachment 497893

Beautiful ... would you be interested in adopting me? ... I'm housebroken and don't bite ... pretty sure I can get a pensionado visa ... just flea treat every couple months and keep the ticks picked off ...
Obviously you've been studying alternatives to The Great Satan Inc,Keep it up !

Carpet is for complete assholes. Wallpaper deserves the death sentence.
Wood flooring, in the north, deserves a BJ.....on a cool area rug
God Invented porcelain tile.
Have to agree...you'd be better off even with those vinyl wood looking planks-----last longer, easier to clean, etc.

Even soft woods will last longer than carpet ... Southern Yellow Pine or Douglas Fir will last 75 years ... the Oak or Maple that bowling alleys are made of should last over 100 years ... baby-making fluids clean right up without the embarrassing stains ...
They have "fake wood" now that looks pretty OK.
I have a sawmill so fake don't make

View attachment 497893

Beautiful ... would you be interested in adopting me? ... I'm housebroken and don't bite ... pretty sure I can get a pensionado visa ... just flea treat every couple months and keep the ticks picked off ...
Obviously you've been studying alternatives to The Great Satan Inc,Keep it up !

Been in Vegas for 4 years and everything has been a giant disaster
The only thing I learned was some basic wrestling and bjj skills

Seems to me that if you can afford $1600 for rent, then you could afford a small home on the outskirts of town but still within half an hour of your work. No?

Why not just the carpeting replaced and deduct the cost from your rent?

Seems to me that if you can afford $1600 for rent, then you could afford a small home on the outskirts of town but still within half an hour of your work. No?

I suspect no ... $1,600/mo sounds like that's on the low side ... there's a lot of very wealthy people who want to rent a small house on the outskirts of Las Vegas, and are willing to pay large sums of money for such a place ... and "outskirts" means brand new ... it's a stinking desert, no such thing as rural homes, there's no water, no one can live in a place without water ... no trees, no grass, no scrubs ... nothing but sage and sand ...

I suspect no ... $1,600/mo sounds like that's on the low side ... there's a lot of very wealthy people who want to rent a small house on the outskirts of Las Vegas, and are willing to pay large sums of money for such a place ... and "outskirts" means brand new ... it's a stinking desert, no such thing as rural homes, there's no water, no one can live in a place without water ... no trees, no grass, no scrubs ... nothing but sage and sand ...
I’m finding 250 homes in the 2-250 range on Zillow. With interest rates this low and 20% down, $1600 seems doable.

Now my carpet bumps are getting annoying.
Carpet bumps?

What do you mean by "carpet bumps"? :confused-
Is that some sort of STD?
Carpet is old, gets wet and stretches, leaving bumps in the carpet.

You either replace it or have it stretched.

Both involve clearing the room

Do the bumps get worse and worse ??
No question. Like just about anything, you either fix it or it gets worse.

Now my carpet bumps are getting annoying.
Carpet bumps?

What do you mean by "carpet bumps"? :confused-
Is that some sort of STD?
Carpet is old, gets wet and stretches, leaving bumps in the carpet.

You either replace it or have it stretched.

Both involve clearing the room

Do the bumps get worse and worse ??
No question. Like just about anything, you either fix it or it gets worse.
God damn
Just bought some kreplach and an onion bagel

Maybe I should look for a house !!!

I may pay more but I can live in quality the next 4 yrs

Forum List

Back