Should I Continue To Exercise?

Walking, Biking, Swimming, and just meditating will do wonders for the body but what is the most important is diet!

Also 150 lbs might be too skinny for you if you are tall and you need to look at your bone mass, height and other factors and focus on a healthy weight and maintaining it...
Sadly even when I was down there at 150, my belly still had not gone anywhere.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Ditto...

Greg

Walking, Biking, Swimming, and just meditating will do wonders for the body but what is the most important is diet!

Also 150 lbs might be too skinny for you if you are tall and you need to look at your bone mass, height and other factors and focus on a healthy weight and maintaining it...

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Ditto...

Greg

Core exercises will do a lot and swimming will also help...

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I just started the Okinawa Flat Belly system yesterday after realizing that just because Al Sharpton cut his weight in half with fasting it doesn't work for everyone, and is dangerous for others. I have no idea whether it will work or not but I am having a knee replacement surgery in 3 weeks and the manufacturer's claim that just waiting around for 6 weeks will bring encouragement in the form of consistency and says you have to take your once a day powder scoop mixed with a large glass of water at 10 am with no skipping days or you have to start all over again.

To make matters worse I am going to be scheduled for a much needed knee surgery in or around 3 weeks so exercise is out of the question so I have to taste a food system based on whatever it is that grows on the island of Okinawa where research shows Okinawans are the slimmest people on this planet so some smart doctor contracted weight nutritionists to create a diet based on the vegetables that grow there. And results do not show up for 6 weeks minimum if you are faithful every single day. I was running half marathons in my thirties but now all I'm running is an electric wheelchair when at a Walmart which is the size of at least three or four football fields not including the garden sales floor where every herb, vegetable, flower and tree is sold in North America. Somehow, I am planning on shedding a lot of weight on a diet food that claims it works over dangerous belly fat.

Good luck on your plan, Jo Sweetheart and thank you for starting this thread for with it, I've read some very encouraging accounts of USMB's finest people who help everyone else just by discussing what did and/or did not work for them. In addition to the worst case of lost cartilage my surgeon says he had ever seen on an xray pic. it will be at least six months post op that I can really walk well again with my new artificial knee. Would appreciate a prayer up or two from anyone so inclined as I will be sending up a prayer for each one of y'all when I take my scoop of Okinawa powder with water every day. Prayers up! In a few months we'll be the skinny club USA and some serious blood pressure terror stories will behind us all. Group hug!

I was going to put this question out there in the Health and Lifestyle area of this forum, but then I wasn't sure. On June 1st, it will be two years since I started dieting. I was 240 when I first started then. On March 28th of last year, just ten months into the diet, I dropped to my lowest weight which was 150, a 90 pound loss in another words. I will admit that I have gained back half of my lost weight since then due to my going back some to what I stayed away from for so long. I have also taken a break here and there from being on the treadmill. 30 minutes a day for five days a week is how often I'm on it, but because of how consistent I have been with that part of the diet, I want to know if that part will eventually catch up with me to where it may not help anymore, but instead only make it harder for me to drop the weight that I have gained back. I know that healthy food is what needs to be eaten again, but after two years of exercise, should I continue to do that still? Any advice will be so very much appreciated.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The heart only beats so many times and then it stops. Why make your heart beat faster. You are only wearing it out.
True.

God bless you always!!!

P.S. I just need to find a way to cut back on my eating because that is my real problem. I can never get full or stop feeling hungry. Does anyone here know how effective hypnosis is if it is at all?

Counting calories is something I have never done before, but I went ahead and added up together what is in my dieting foods and its somewhere between 1,300 and 1,400. My new question is, how many calories should I try to burn in the gym? When I first started dieting, I was only burning 125 each day for five days a week, but I was able to drop from 240 to 176. Cutting more carbs is what took me the rest of the way to 150. My exercise routine never changed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I read that 2,000 calories is what a person should consume when they are trying to stay whatever weight they are.

Diet is what helps with weight loss, exercise is for muscle retention (and maybe a little muscle gain). Muscles burn fat, so if you stop exercising, you need to eat less for the same weight.

Counting calories is something I have never done before, but I went ahead and added up together what is in my dieting foods and its somewhere between 1,300 and 1,400. My new question is, how many calories should I try to burn in the gym? When I first started dieting, I was only burning 125 each day for five days a week, but I was able to drop from 240 to 176. Cutting more carbs is what took me the rest of the way to 150. My exercise routine never changed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I read that 2,000 calories is what a person should consume when they are trying to stay whatever weight they are.
Yes I read that too, 2000 calories a day, which is what I try to do on average (if you look on the back of food packets, or at least the uk ones, then it should give you the amount of kCal per 100g for bread, etc)..
I'm not a diet expert, however I think cals give your body energy to do things, which helps you, so.. well personally I wouldn't cut those to lose weight, I think I would look at my carbs/fat intake instead.
For me I'm a bit of a skinny boy, so I take my cards rda each day, which I mostly get from bread!
Well, hope you get the result you're looking for! Nice to look good!!

f0f0c9fd81e0d0f2e8b9448018d0a5c0_w200.gif

^^^ Thank you. I have stopped with my one banana a day because that right there alone is 27 carbs. My Campbell's chicken noodle soup can is now a Green Giant can of green beans which is another six carbs difference.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ After a three week break which was partly due to getting sick at one point, I have started again, but what I am afraid of is that it will be nothing but a waste of time due to how much I have done already. Because I've done so much over the last two years, even after a few weeks away, it may not take long for my body to once again become adjusted to the exercising routine to where it no longer makes any kind of positive difference.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You are looking at it wrong.

Exercise is not a trick you do to get thin.
The reality is if you do not exercise, you start to fall apart.
It is like leaving machinery unused for too long, it rusts up, and does not work any more.
If you are not and do not stay thin, then you won't be as healthy or able to do things.
Your body will be slowly poisoned by the excess food.
It will clog arteries, block circulation to muscle layers, etc.

But if you keep it up, you will start to feel rewards eventually.
The body releases endorphins when you exercise.
They make you feel good.
Running does it for me.
I pick a very slow pace, but it works.
You start to feel exuberant.
It can even be addictive.
A bicycle can also work.
It also helps if you associate it with feeling good, like a long hot tub soak afterward.

True.

God bless you always!!!

P.S. I just need to find a way to cut back on my eating because that is my real problem. I can never get full or stop feeling hungry. Does anyone here know how effective hypnosis is if it is at all?

What I find is that drinking lots of ice water helps kill appetite.

^^^ Thank you for the advice. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly (currently 187)

P.S. One thing that I have started doing that was not being done earlier is drinking Slim Fast. I get the advanced nutrition bottles because they are lower in carbs compared to the original stuff. I do two bottles a day which is seven carbs each. With my actual food added to that, I am down to just forty carbs a day now. Should another plateau take place, I may go on just my actual food and one Slim Fast bottle which will be cutting 49 carbs a week.

I was going to put this question out there in the Health and Lifestyle area of this forum, but then I wasn't sure. On June 1st, it will be two years since I started dieting. I was 240 when I first started then. On March 28th of last year, just ten months into the diet, I dropped to my lowest weight which was 150, a 90 pound loss in another words. I will admit that I have gained back half of my lost weight since then due to my going back some to what I stayed away from for so long. I have also taken a break here and there from being on the treadmill. 30 minutes a day for five days a week is how often I'm on it, but because of how consistent I have been with that part of the diet, I want to know if that part will eventually catch up with me to where it may not help anymore, but instead only make it harder for me to drop the weight that I have gained back. I know that healthy food is what needs to be eaten again, but after two years of exercise, should I continue to do that still? Any advice will be so very much appreciated.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Calorie control and exercise will keep to keep you trimmer. I found it to increase weight loss if you did exercise after eating.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I finished first in a huge race a long time ago. I beat over a hundred million others in that race.
I retired from races after winning that one.

I finished first in a huge race a long time ago. I beat over a hundred million others in that race.
I retired from races after winning that one.
Did that "over a hundred million others" even know they were racing?

Calorie control and exercise will keep to keep you trimmer. I found it to increase weight loss if you did exercise after eating.
I agree. Not necessary because the calories that the exercise burns, but because if I limit how much I eat and then exercise, then I'm not eating during that time I exercise and I usually don't feel hungry.

If I eat a meal then sit on the couch and watch TV (or something), I am tempted to eat more.

Forum List

Back