Should I Continue To Exercise?

Musta been a mighty crowded track!
1642178809129.jpeg

One thing that I recently learned is what a big difference fasting makes. On the night of Wednesday December 29th, I weighed around 200 lbs. I didn't eat again until the morning of Friday, December 31st. I ate one biscuit and gravy and a hashbrown from McDonald's. I didn't eat anything else until Monday, January 3rd. Before eating, I weighed myself and the scale said either 186 or 187, therefore around a 15-pound difference in just under five days. Why did I stop eating? I was too nervous due to a couple of eating issues that I experienced starting the day after Christmas which I tell about in another chat here, the one named "How are you?" that is. Am I eating now? Yes, but due to what I have learned about the fasting way of doing a diet, cutting back as best as I can is my one and only agenda. One thing that is in my diet now are the Advanced Nutrition Slim Fast drinks because they don't have as many carbs in them compared to the original stuff. The creamy chocolate is my favorite. The vanilla flavor is also good. The caramel latte flavor is good too, but it does have a few more carbs in it plus caffeine due to the coffee content.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
One thing that I recently learned is what a big difference fasting makes. On the night of Wednesday December 29th, I weighed around 200 lbs. I didn't eat again until the morning of Friday, December 31st. I ate one biscuit and gravy and a hashbrown from McDonald's. I didn't eat anything else until Monday, January 3rd. Before eating, I weighed myself and the scale said either 186 or 187, therefore around a 15-pound difference in just under five days. Why did I stop eating? I was too nervous due to a couple of eating issues that I experienced starting the day after Christmas which I tell about in another chat here, the one named "How are you?" that is. Am I eating now? Yes, but due to what I have learned about the fasting way of doing a diet, cutting back as best as I can is my one and only agenda. One thing that is in my diet now are the Advanced Nutrition Slim Fast drinks because they don't have as many carbs in them compared to the original stuff.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
15 lbs in less than 5 days will be mostly water weight.

Try to stop eating all the prepackage prepared junk and eat real foods.

More veg and fruits, less meat and dairy. Go for nutrient dense low calorie foods and you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight

^^^ Water weight is what I must have lost because all that I did was drink during the days that I didn't eat. A few apple slices and a few bacon strips are what I eat in the morning now and at night, two Slim Fast drinks, a whole can of green beans that I drain first, and two pickle spears are what I eat at night which is around 31 carbs a day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I will admit that I did cheat some today already, but only because I was told to eat more thoroughly earlier in the month. One thing that I really stayed away from when I first started dieting was milk which is one reason why the Slim Fast drink is so important. The Chocolate stuff may as well be chocolate milk, but I love it and it isn't as carb loaded compared to the real thing. :) :) :)

The key to weight loss is proper eating, avoiding the crap and in moderation. It's more what you eat and how much of it. BUT - you also have to get off your butt and do something, as in exercise. It doesn't have to be all that hard, enough to get your heart rate up and your breathing a little elevated. In the beginning that only takes a few minutes depending on how out of shape you are, but you'd be surprised how quickly a few minutes turns into 5 or 10 or 15 in order to get your heart rate up. Nothing extreme, maybe a trip to a doctor isn't a bad idea to check out your heart and lungs.

But it's worth it. You're going to be so proud of yourself, and those pounds will begin to drop off. You'll look better and you'll feel better, and there's nothing else in this world that you can do that beats that. Do you like yourself enough to do that? And keep doing it, it ain't a one-time good deal. Bonus: your chances of getting sick are reduced cuz your body is better able to fight off viruses and shit, and BTW old age really sucks if you ain't in reasonable shape and decent health.

Having been a yo-yo dieter myself. It is important to eventually set up a diet/routine that you can stick with for life. What good is loosing a lot of weight doing something you will not maintain just so you gain it all back (and probably put on even more)?

^^^ Water weight is what I must have lost because all that I did was drink during the days that I didn't eat. A few apple slices and a few bacon strips are what I eat in the morning now and at night, two Slim Fast drinks, a whole can of green beans that I drain first, and two pickle spears are what I eat at night which is around 31 carbs a day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I will admit that I did cheat some today already, but only because I was told to eat more thoroughly earlier in the month. One thing that I really stayed away from when I first started dieting was milk which is one reason why the Slim Fast drink is so important. The Chocolate stuff may as well be chocolate milk, but I love it and it isn't as carb loaded compared to the real thing. :) :) :)
20220114_151007.jpg

Marlene Koch has a series of cookbooks called Eat What You Love. This recipe is from the Restaurant Favorites. I am not diabetic but my son's paternal grandmother was.

Another good one is Healthy Recipes, Low-Calorie Food Finds, Weight-Loss Advice, Diet Tips 'n Tricks | Hungry Girl

She does a lot of single serving recipes but I don't think she has the exchanges like Marlene Koch does.

So, the grandmother died in 2020. A lot of her health problems were related to diabetes.

Forum List

Back