Should I buy my Papa a Harley-Davidson?

Should I buy my Papa a Harley-Davidson?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harleys sound the best. They look the best.
Other brands typically have more power.
It really just depends on what he would prefer.
You can also add power to a harley but it aint cheap.

If the OP really loves their loved one they would get them a gold wing. The 6 cylinder engine in that thing is so smooth it sounds like a sewing machine.
I've owned Goldwing's and they are super smooth riding, and the engines are bullet proof reliable. If I was riding across the county for days at a time on a regular basis, the Honda Goldwing would be hard to beat.
But for around town, and day trips around the state on weekends, I'd pick the H-D.
They look cool, sound even cooler, and of course there is the Harley mystic that's hard to explain; but you'll know it when you ride one. ... :cool:
Not to mention, loud pipes really do save lives.

If the OP really loves their loved one they would get them a gold wing. The 6 cylinder engine in that thing is so smooth it sounds like a sewing machine.
I've owned Goldwing's and they are super smooth riding, and the engines are bullet proof reliable. If I was riding across the county for days at a time on a regular basis, the Honda Goldwing would be hard to beat.
But for around town, and day trips around the state on weekends, I'd pick the H-D.
They look cool, sound even cooler, and of course there is the Harley mystic that's hard to explain; but you'll know it when you ride one. ... :cool:

Except the sound shoots to the rear where everyone behind you can see you anyway. Loud pipes annoy drivers, they don't save anything.

Except the sound shoots to the rear where everyone behind you can see you anyway. Loud pipes annoy drivers, they don't save anything.
I rode and sometimes still do, in Houston traffic. I know for a fact, that several people never saw me, and only the sound of my bike kept them from going right over the top of me.
Truth is, a lot of people just can't drive worth a shit, and don't pay attention. Being loud helps.

2020 Street Glide

That is a Harley, the Street Glide is made by Harley-Davidson. Well this also is a beautiful bike but not as beautiful as the BMW. What is wrong with the BMW do you think?

View attachment 358852
It's a great looking bike...But the V-twin engine will rattle the fillings out of your head.....There aren't enough "O"s in smoooooooooth for how the BMW and Goldwing run.
Idk what engine BMW is using now. Parts are hard to get here and expensive, but she's right there..
Honda has put a lot of R&D into their engines.
They have it down pretty good.
It was Honda that invented the 4v/cyl engine with the CBX 1000. They were 1st to market with it out of everybody.
THe 6-cylinder CBX 1000 is the predecessor to the Goldwing. Many Honda parts can be interchangeable from bike to bike as well.
I'm still riding my 2nd gen CB 750...People perv on it all the time...Looking to scare up a CB 1000C or the last "naked" Goldwing they made...1200 made in 1984, I think.

View attachment 358862
That's a fast bike. Comfortable too. That looks like a regular CB 750 there. Up to '81.
You speak of the CBX 1000 SC. Inline 6 with 4v/cyl.

View attachment 358890
I remember that bike .....

I out ran it with a 1982 GS1100 Suzuki ....

That 6 cylinder sounded amazing .....

These wannabes talking like they know something ...

Don't know shit ....

I was there ....

No....1983 CB 1000C....Had one once and the engine got scorched one 100+ degree day driving across South Dakota....Loved that bike, want to get another.

honda-cb1000-custom-8697-2.jpg
Yeah you were not there ....

Suzuki ruled ..

img_XtDR4EmXsOn2NM4_r.jpg

2020 Street Glide

That is a Harley, the Street Glide is made by Harley-Davidson. Well this also is a beautiful bike but not as beautiful as the BMW. What is wrong with the BMW do you think?

View attachment 358852
It's a great looking bike...But the V-twin engine will rattle the fillings out of your head.....There aren't enough "O"s in smoooooooooth for how the BMW and Goldwing run.
Idk what engine BMW is using now. Parts are hard to get here and expensive, but she's right there..
Honda has put a lot of R&D into their engines.
They have it down pretty good.
It was Honda that invented the 4v/cyl engine with the CBX 1000. They were 1st to market with it out of everybody.
THe 6-cylinder CBX 1000 is the predecessor to the Goldwing. Many Honda parts can be interchangeable from bike to bike as well.
I'm still riding my 2nd gen CB 750...People perv on it all the time...Looking to scare up a CB 1000C or the last "naked" Goldwing they made...1200 made in 1984, I think.

View attachment 358862
That's a fast bike. Comfortable too. That looks like a regular CB 750 there. Up to '81.
You speak of the CBX 1000 SC. Inline 6 with 4v/cyl.

View attachment 358890
I remember that bike .....

I out ran it with a 1982 GS1100 Suzuki ....

That 6 cylinder sounded amazing .....

These wannabes talking like they know something ...

Don't know shit ....

I was there ....
I bet it was top end. GS1000 was a heavy bike with a LOT of torque. I twisted the throttle and felt like my feet were flapping in the wind.

No.

A BMW K model or a Goldwing ride much more smoothly.

What like this below, this is the 2020 BMW K 1600 B and it's a BEAUTIFUL bike:

View attachment 358827
Yup....And they don't shake like Harley V-twins do.

The below is the 2020 Honda Goldwings Automatic DCT, it's nice but I think the BMW K 1600 B above is more beautiful:

View attachment 358839
Yup....and both can be decked out in full touring regalia...

IH-20-GTL-Pollux-scaled.jpg

2020-Honda-Gold-Wing-Tour-DCT-First-Look-touring-motorcycle-4.jpg

Wannabes.

Forum List

Back