Should guns be allowed in hospitals?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Cops: 88-year-old man shoots wife in chest at Nevada hospital | PIX 11

88-year-old man on suicide watch after shooting wife at Nevada hospital | Fox News

Police: Elderly Man Shoots Wife at Nev. Hospital - ABC News

Husband, 88, on suicide watch after allegedly shooting wife in hospital bed - U.S. News

An 88-year-old man shot his wife in the chest as she lay in her Nevada hospital bed Sunday, police said....

... Dresser had recently bought the gun and walked into the third-floor ward at around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, police said. His wife was alone and he allegedly shot her once in the chest.

Thankfully, he didn't go after others.

Is there any way we keep ourselves safe from these constant shootings? I don't think so. But, I do believe we should do what we can to mitigate the damages these people are doing.

Edited to add ... several links posted so the nutters here couldn't whine about the source. As always, if "you" don't like the sources posted, you're welcome to post your own.

A criminal will have a weapon even where it isn't permitted by law. Laws governing such things only effect law-abidding citizens. If you prevent a lawful citizen from being armed, you set the stage for slaughter the next time some lunatic goes off.

As long as there are as many guns in circulation as there are, if I choose to carry one I wanna be able to do so lawfully anywhere and everywhere.

Last edited:
omg
is this a serious question?

or more Fear mongering by the gun control freaks?

If someone opens up in public, my first thought is cover and concealment. My second-thought is "what can I use as a weapon?" If I have a pistol already, that's the preferred tool. But I'm not going to sit there hoping the gunman doesn't see and engage me, I'm going to actively protect myself however I'm able.

If we pass laws preventing lawful citizens from arming themselves then we're wriitng off x number of people to be slaughtered when some nut cooks off. Having a weapon is no guarantee of safety, but if does give us far better chances of limiting the crime. And certainly does prevent gunmen from walking around clamly murdering people without being challenged as at Sandy Hook.

Murder's already universally illegal. Trying to impact murders by regulating the methods hasn't worked to date. People still commit murder one way or the other. If we limit lawful citizens means of defense all we do is hurt them, not the criminals.

Here in Missouri the laws permitting suppressors are of far more concern to me than the availability of guns and CC permits. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back