Should Gun Owners Form A Militia?

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
When you read the second carefully it says a "Well Regulated Militia" NOT a federal government regulated one NOR state regulated one or even a party regulated one. Just a well regulated one.

Nothing in the second even gives the federal OR state governments the power to regulate ANY militia. Citizens are in charge of deciding that and are able granted by that very law to do so.

Maybe its time to organize? A militia IS a form of a union so why not ask even DEMAND the National Rifle Association to form the National Rifle Militia? That meets the context of the law perfectly. Members would of course set the rules/training for the militia.

Federal and states would NO longer have the power {stolen anyway} to regulate the "peoples militia". The federals would set the rules for the federal arm forces the state for state reserves and the National Rifle Militia for the citizens.

Citizen gun control belongs to the citizens NOT any legislative branch of government. I think in some ways we are fighting the wrong fight. Its not a matter of how much control a federal/state government should have. Its a question of should they have ANY at all.

And after breaking down the second and lets not forget that comma I don't think they should. There is NOTHING in the second that gives the federal OR state the right to regulate the citizens militia. NO limit on types of weapons/caliber/ammo, or the number of weapons.

Democrats AND gun grabbers argue the "persons" right. A National Rifle Militia REMOVES that argument BECAUSE it IS protected.

Thoughts?
Fury

• Banned
Article I section 8.
" and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"

Authority of training is NOT regulating the founding or forming.
Nor does it regulate the firearms. If ANYTHING it shows government HAS failed its duties to educate firearms training.
Article I Section 8

Article I section 8.
" and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"

Nor does it regulate the firearms. If ANYTHING it shows government HAS failed its duties to educate firearms training.
Article I Section 8

I love it when people selectively quote material in order to make a point the material doesn't really support. Here is the entire clause in question:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress

• Banned
Article I section 8.

Article I Section 8

I love it when people selectively quote material in order to make a point the material doesn't really support. Here is the entire clause in question:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress

"governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States"

Note the words "Part of them" NOT all of them.
Note the word "may" NOT is/are.

Here is a peak at the crazy paranoid beliefs of these militias.They really believe all the crazy stuff they say.

Here is a peak at the crazy paranoid beliefs of these militias.They really believe all the crazy stuff they say.

bulldog, you cited the problem IMHO and I will try to explain cogently. When a private militia is formed and trained, it needs to be kept in an emotional high to stay alert and not go rusty. So many, or most, are out looking for causes just to stay tuned up. And since they are here in-country, that's where they look. So they wrap their eagerness in the flag and make up slights to liberty, gin up an offense and go play savior. This is just my own assessment, but only a fool would think they can out-shoot the US Military. I am thinking of the couple who went to the Cliven Bundy stand-off and when nothing happened, they couldn't wait to be attacked by the BLM so they took out a trooper to make their anti-government point.

A governor of a state has the authority constitutionally to call up and organize any militia, darkfury.

Your NRA fantasy militia does not get to be America's equivalent of the SA.

..yeah...half of the members would be government paid infiltrators gaining your trust then fuck you up if it came down to anything but peaceful.

The makeup of this Militia should consist of veterans only. No wannabees or paintball and laser tag heroes.

Article I section 8.

Article I Section 8

"governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States"

I have to give you credit, you're pretty sharp. You went from thinking the 2nd Amendment regulated militia formation and training to being all over Article I section 8 in just a few short posts. You were even able to see through the Founders dirty little trick of wording that clause as clearly as possible in order to ascertain their true meaning. You are a genius, either that or you're entirely full of crap. I don't know you so I don't know which option is true but I have to admit I'm heavily leaning toward one of them.

Article I section 8.

Article I Section 8

I have to give you credit, you're pretty sharp. You went from thinking the 2nd Amendment regulated militia formation and training to being all over Article I section 8 in just a few short posts. You were even able to see through the Founders dirty little trick of wording that clause as clearly as possible in order to ascertain their true meaning. You are a genius, either that or you're entirely full of crap. I don't know you so I don't know which option is true but I have to admit I'm heavily leaning toward one of them.
Well lean away and welcome to USMB.

I see just a few problems here...the biggest being any Militia formed by any large group whether fed, state or NRA could be in trouble of serving the 'interests' of the group that forms it and not the people as a whole.
If we're talking about a Militia(s) to fight ISIS here at home? I'd say to wait it out until real trouble hit and only form small independent Militia groups within communities across the nation. No worries about who or what they are fighting for since that would be an obvious universal goal. We'd be fighting them with the same tools they fight with us. Small pockets to create big enough holes in their system to wipe them out. That is their strategy against the West and would probably be the best strategy to get back at them.
If Militia's are formed per protocol and too early in the game, there's too much freedom, time & space wise, that they could implode on themselves from 'regulations' before any fight got started and we'd be doomed for a worse scenario than Germany/EU.
If they tried anything right now, I'm pretty darned sure that even just my small neighborhood within a few blocks (less than 100 people)could be armed & ready within a few short hours. And even within a square mile, it wouldn't take much longer than that.

Now, if you're not talking about fighting ISIS, but maybe only against the gooberment.......maybe a more 'regulated' forming is more in order.....just sayin

Article I section 8.

Article I Section 8

Um....Furry? You do realize that we can read the constitution too, right?

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

So either Congress or the States are in charge of the training, the appointment of officers, the disciplining, the organizing, and the calling forth of the militia. With the President to lead them in the service of the United States But they're not actually in charge of the militia?

Sigh.....do you ever get tired of not knowing what the fuck you're talking about?

I see just a few problems here...the biggest being any Militia formed by any large group whether fed, state or NRA could be in trouble of serving the 'interests' of the group that forms it and not the people as a whole.
If we're talking about a Militia(s) to fight ISIS here at home? I'd say to wait it out until real trouble hit and only form small independent Militia groups within communities across the nation. No worries about who or what they are fighting for since that would be an obvious universal goal. We'd be fighting them with the same tools they fight with us. Small pockets to create big enough holes in their system to wipe them out. That is their strategy against the West and would probably be the best strategy to get back at them.
If Militia's are formed per protocol and too early in the game, there's too much freedom, time & space wise, that they could implode on themselves from 'regulations' before any fight got started and we'd be doomed for a worse scenario than Germany/EU.
If they tried anything right now, I'm pretty darned sure that even just my small neighborhood within a few blocks (less than 100 people)could be armed & ready within a few short hours. And even within a square mile, it wouldn't take much longer than that.

Now, if you're not talking about fighting ISIS, but maybe only against the gooberment.......maybe a more 'regulated' forming is more in order.....just sayin
I think the militia starts at home then the block where you live and then the city you are in.

Forum List

Back