Should Democrats and Those of Us On The Left Follow Republicans and Those on The Right?

Four years ago around this time, USMB conservatives/Republicans/rightwingers couldn't stop posting "Suck it up!", "elections have consequences" and "If it makes a Democrat/lefty" upset, it must be a good thing."

Does that mean that now it's time for the USMB left to return that sentiment?

Do the USMB conservatives encourage the left to return the favor?

Obama coined the phrase "elections have consequences", and his administration's in-your-face partisanship sewed the seeds of Trumpism. I'd hope Biden is true to his word and seeks unity over partisan legislative "victories". He could start by pledging to veto any legislation passed on strict party lines.

I'm not holding my breath.

Obama coined the phrase "elections have consequences", and his administration's in-your-face partisanship sewed the seeds of Trumpism. I'd hope Biden is true to his word and seeks unity over partisan legislative "victories". He could start by pledging to veto any legislation passed on strict party lines.

Was it not the Republicans who conspired together not to do any. single. thing. that could help that President and make him a one-term President? BEFORE he even stepped foot into office.

Be honest.

I don't see a problem with making fun of them. God knows they've earned it. Mock, ridicule, it's all good.

Where I draw the line are threats, that shouldn't continue.

Its pretty clear we are two separate peoples at opposite ends of a spectrum, it's time we break the USA into two countries and each can live within their boarders.
No, it's time for treasonous tRumplings to leave.

Grow a pair and bring it libtraitor.
Bring what? We aren't breaking up my country to make you tRumplings happy.

You don't like it?

Get the fuck.out.

You need us, we don't need you. :talk2hand:
Lol, that's a joke, right?

Was it not the Republicans who conspired together not to do any. single. thing. that could help that President and make him a one-term President? BEFORE he even stepped foot into office.

Be honest.

Sure, many of them were never going to cooperate. But that's easy enough to beat; just write legislation that has broad public appeal. The constituents will do the rest.

-- Or browbeat your party into voting lock step, squeeze out a narrow victory and completely dismiss the concerns of 49% of voters.

Major legislation, legislation that imposes fundamental change on society (ACA for example), should never be passed with a narrow party line victory. Major laws passed without real consensus just become political footballs. Always in jeopardy, always targets. It's just a shitty way to govern. We'd be far better off with laws that are passed with broad consensus, even if those laws aren't everything the partisans might wish for.

Sure, many of them were never going to cooperate. But that's easy enough to beat; just write legislation that has broad public appeal. The constituents will do the rest.

-- Or browbeat your party into voting lock step, squeeze out a narrow victory and completely dismiss the concerns of 49% of voters.

Major legislation, legislation that imposes fundamental change on society (ACA for example), should never be passed with a narrow party line victory. Major laws passed without real consensus just become political footballs. Always in jeopardy, always targets. It's just a shitty way to govern. We'd be far better off with laws that are passed with broad consensus, even if those laws aren't everything the partisans might wish for.
You are aware that Mitch McConnel has been stopping laws from even getting to him that have up to 70% plus favorability right?

Of course, you probably don't agree w/those laws, so you don't care, do you?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Four years ago around this time, USMB conservatives/Republicans/rightwingers couldn't stop posting "Suck it up!", "elections have consequences" and "If it makes a Democrat/lefty" upset, it must be a good thing."

Dude
Do the USMB conservatives encourage the left to return the favor

Furthering hatred, division, immaturity and adversarial feelings is not the way.

Lead by example and leave the Trump tactics to the morons. Their time came and look how they squandered it. Is this how they made America great? Insurrection, violence and fear?

I think you’re my least favorite poster. Every one of your posts is divisive. Your new thing is slandering anyone that disagrees with your radicalism by calling them violent insurrectionist.s. You’re saying let’s be better while acting like a passive aggressive bitch. Fuck you!

You are aware that Mitch McConnel has been stopping laws from even getting to him that have up to 70% plus favorability right?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I have no idea what laws you're talking about, so no idea if you're wrong.

Do you understand why pushing party line laws through is a bad idea?

Last edited:

Well... though probably not a conservative to whom you are directing the question as I tend to be more moderate and pragmatic, I would suggest that type of attitude needs to stop somewhere, with someone, if we ever hope to get the divide in this country narrowed. So, why not lead by example? We all know the source of animus for the "elections have consequences" quote, though attributed to Judd Gregg, President Obama made it famous and it really stuck in the craw of some on the right who, to this day, just can't let it go...

I don't know, man. I'd like to see civility return, but I just don't see people letting go of the past. Especially after the last four years...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you understand why pushing these party line laws through is a bad idea?
Um...that would be a FAT "NO"

You guys have been doing this since election night. :cuckoo:

Do you understand why pushing party line laws through is a bad idea?
I'm referring to the tons of bills that the House wrote up, but Mitch wouldn't bring to the front.

As for the party thing...no, because the parties view things differently.

That's like saying no laws should be promoted at all, ever.

That's not acceptable.

In the past the Dimbo's would simply cry, yell, be disruptive, obstructive, and through temper tantrums until they got their way, the right would simply shut up, suck it up, and capitulate. Then came a time when the Dimbo's had a nervous break down, wet their pants, cried, yelled, became disruptive, obstructive, through temper tantrums, and concocted the novel idea of fabricating a narrative and charges to impeach the president. Then the little man who had an outsider come along who said its time to shed yourself of the country club leadership and grow a set of balls, backbone, find your voice, and the silent little man did, and in the process decided if it works so well for the Dimbo's over the past 40 years why not give it a shot. Hypocrisy when experienced sucks doesn't it?
In closing when one President declares hope and change, delivers nothing, and his VP, after winning, claims we need to come together, unify, yet his party representatives declare the opposition is deplorable and needs to be reeducated at a camp, and proceeds with divisiveness behavior what do you expect "the little man" to do?

Should Democrats and Those of Us On The Left Follow Republicans and Those on The Right?

NO....please do not try to be friends with good, legitimate, real Americans....PLEASE!

You mean Rump Terrorists and Traitors? That's what I thought you meant. No, until you traitors decide to stop your terrorizing then you have no place in the civilized world.

Dude
Do the USMB conservatives encourage the left to return the favor

Furthering hatred, division, immaturity and adversarial feelings is not the way.

Lead by example and leave the Trump tactics to the morons. Their time came and look how they squandered it. Is this how they made America great? Insurrection, violence and fear?

I think you’re my least favorite poster. Every one of your posts is divisive. Your new thing is slandering anyone that disagrees with your radicalism by calling them violent insurrectionist.s. You’re saying let’s be better while acting like a passive aggressive bitch. Fuck you!

Actually, he hit it dead on the head.

Left already controls the media you Marxist dickhead.

New Topics

Forum List

Back