Should DC become a state and get 2 Senators and voting rights for residents?

No, it's about representation and you can't give me one decent reason why 700k citizens should go without it.
It's a District, not a state. And you don't give a rats ass about the people, it's about the Senators.
Like I said earlier, if it was a conservative district, you and your ilk would have lockjaw. Make no
mistake about that.

Who knows what the FF's envisioned? I find it humorous that they would channel that
information through you, RW.
They envisioned a place free from state (North vs. South really) influence. DC only had about 3k residents and the smallest state at the time had over 50k. 700k people today is over 25% of the total population of the country at the time. It's safe to say they didn't envision this.

It's a District, not a state.

So, you don't even have a basic idea of how this works then?

And you don't give a rats ass about the people, it's about the Senators.

Every American should want equal representation in government for all it's citizens. How could you not?

Like I said earlier, if it was a conservative district, you and your ilk would have lockjaw. Make no
mistake about that.

Sorry, asshole, I'm not you.

They envisioned a place free from state (North vs. South really) influence. DC only had about 3k residents and the smallest state at the time had over 50k. 700k people today is over 25% of the total population of the country at the time. It's safe to say they didn't envision this.
I'll say the same thing to you as I did RW.
"Who knows what the FF's envisioned? I find it humorous that they would channel that
information through you"

You must think that the FF's were stupid, I don't.

DC statehood is about giving Dims two more votes in the Senate, and nothing else.

Nothing says Republicans can’t win in DC
They just need to convince voters their lives will be better under Republican leadership

So, you don't even have a basic idea of how this works then?

Every American should want equal representation in government for all it's citizens. How could you not?

Sorry, asshole, I'm not you.
It must really suck to be you, HJ, I mean Happy Joy.
Sorry you can't swing this pie in the sky idea of stacking the Senate.
Curious that you haven't pushed back that it's not about stacking the Senate.

Who knows what the FF's envisioned? I find it humorous that they would channel that
information through you, RW.
Frankly, why would it matter?

What matters is what is best for We the People today. I don’t think disenfranchising 700,000 people is best for the country

I'll say the same thing to you as I did RW.
"Who knows what the FF's envisioned? I find it humorous that they would channel that
information through you"

You must think that the FF's were stupid, I don't.

We know they created DC outside of any state so that it wouldn't be influenced. We know this.
We know that DC was not heavily populated.
We know that one of the main tenants of our founding was the inequality of taxation without representation.
We know that the founders didn't see the district at 700k people.
We know that the boundaries of the district were not limited in the Constitution other than it must be less than 10 square miles
We know the founders gave us the tools to make changes in government as we see fit to create a more perfect union.

I say the founders left it in our hands.

It must really suck to be you, HJ, I mean Happy Joy.

Oh, no. Did you just call me HJ like that's supposed to be an insult? Cuz it's the same initials as handjob or something? That's not weird at all.

Sorry you can't swing this pie in the sky idea of stacking the Senate.

How is equal representation considered stacking?

Curious that you haven't pushed back that it's not about stacking the Senate.

I've already told you, it's about representation.

We know they created DC outside of any state so that it wouldn't be influenced. We know this.
We know that DC was not heavily populated.
We know that one of the main tenants of our founding was the inequality of taxation without representation.
We know that the founders didn't see the district at 700k people.
We know that the boundaries of the district were not limited in the Constitution other than it must be less than 10 square miles
We know the founders gave us the tools to make changes in government as we see fit to create a more perfect union.

I say the founders left it in our hands.
You left one out.
We know it will give us consistently two liberal Senators

I just wish you guys were just honest and be upfront about it.

When they made it the Capitol, it was just swampland
The founders never envisioned a major city of 700,000 disenfranchised from the vote
They never envisioned the internet of jet airliners either. That doesn't mean the government is no allowed to censor or prevent people from traveling.

Nothing says Republicans can’t win in DC
They just need to convince voters their lives will be better under Republican leadership
Parasites' lives won't be better under Republican leadership. That's the way it should stay.

You left one out.
We know it will give us consistently two liberal Senators

So, because giving people the same amount of representation that you obviously take for granted could produce senators that you politically disagree with means those people shouldn't have that same representation?

I mean, you guys give yourselves away.

I just wish you guys were just honest and be upfront about it.

Honest about what? Would those senators be liberal? Probably, certainly in the near term and who knows over time what would happen. But why are you considering the political ideology of people to determine what rights they have?

If the TRUE issue is VOTING RIGHTS, then give DC back to Maryland.

Virginia already got their part back...just give DC back to Maryland....both are deep blue areas.

Simple AF.

Making DC a state is ONLY about increasing Dems in Congress....not about disenfranchised voters.

I 100% support giving DC back to Maryland...it should be that way.

Forum List

Back