Zone1 Should Christians get more physical in defending their religion?

Surada disagreed with my statement----THEREFORE, I will add
ESPECIALLY SURADA
Surada laughs. HOWEVER as for the christians of the USA---I grew up with lots and
worked with lots and can say with ABSOLUTE confidence ----most have never so much
as read the NT. Extreme ignorance can be noted on this very board-----as an example,
one poor benighted jelly-bean school graduate decided that Jesus drove the 'money changers'
from the Temple courtyard because they were "short-changing" the people

Surada laughs. HOWEVER as for the christians of the USA---I grew up with lots and
worked with lots and can say with ABSOLUTE confidence ----most have never so much
as read the NT. Extreme ignorance can be noted on this very board-----as an example,
one poor benighted jelly-bean school graduate decided that Jesus drove the 'money changers'
from the Temple courtyard because they were "short-changing" the people
Surada laughed again-----a jelly-bean school joke. Anyone for discussion as to why
Jesus attacked the "money-changers"-----assuming that little vignette is true?

Surada laughed again-----a jelly-bean school joke. Anyone for discussion as to why
Jesus attacked the "money-changers"-----assuming that little vignette is true?
Surada does not seem to know, She just giggled a little jelly-bean giggle

I am a "normal crazy nutcase" who is far more familiar with christian writings and
teachings than are most christians and who is also far more familiar with the
pertinent history than are most christians
You must have a very long arm to be able to pat yourself on the back. Just don't knock yourself over... :hyper:

They once were but nowadays they are not willing to protect their religion physically anymore against attacks. I listened to TikTok videos, Andrew Tate an American said islam is the true religion because it is the last religion, that means the last religion where you wont get out alive if you insult Mohammed or burn the Quran even in a Secular country where muslims are immigrants like Sweden, but in a mostly christian country like sweden or the USA you can insult in the most vile way Jesus and Christians wont defend themselfes physically.

A devout Christian answered, that we should focus more the heavenly realm, Gods realm not the physical realm and that the Bible says it is God who is to avenge, not we, God is the perfect judge, and it is not our buisness to protect God.

I think that is a bit more complicated, while we do really need to focus on the godly realm the Bible says we must first seek the kingodm of God and his righteousness, and that his will should be done on earth like in heaven, right?

Matthew 6,33 Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness...

Also according to the Bible we should do what Christ would do, we should strife to be holy like he was holy... But didnt Christ got physical with the money changers in the Temple? Does that mean if we something unrighteous and blaspheming etc. at least in Church maybe not in the state, but at least in our Church/Temple we can or should get physical? Didnt Christ throw over the tables of the money changers?

Matthew 21,12 Then Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 13And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”…

So can we get or are allowed to get physical? Should we get physical?

In my opinion I would if i know i can win... or if im angry enough

A christian using the bible to justify violence?

Well that's just unprecedented.

Forum List

Back