Should Black Americans pay reparations to descendants of Yankee Soldiers?

Many Thousands of families lost their fathers and sons fighting to free Black Americans.

Odd that nobody is fighting to pay the descendants of these people reparations.
Where would they get the money?
Same place they got the money to pay the Japanese reparations but the descendants of the Yankee soldiers dont deserve it.

How much do YOU "deserve?"
I dont know exactly. Since I dont believe white people have the integrity to pay their debts I have never held my breath over how many millions my ancestors unpaid wages probably amount to by now.
Mind pointing out the white person that owes you a debt?
Its not just one white person. Its a country of them. Thats exactly why the money for reparations for Blacks that are the descendants of the enslaved should come from the government.

Most slaves were enslaved by other African blacks.
So does this mean that reparations will only amount to 'shipping fees'?

Most slaves were enslaved by other African blacks.
So does this mean that reparations will only amount to 'shipping fees'?
Even if that were true Africa isnt a country and its not in the US. Concentrate white boy. Dont do the deflection thing you white boys are so prone to fall back to when your logic is exposed as either fraudulent or woefully idiotic.

Where would they get the money?
Same place they got the money to pay the Japanese reparations but the descendants of the Yankee soldiers dont deserve it.

I dont know exactly. Since I dont believe white people have the integrity to pay their debts I have never held my breath over how many millions my ancestors unpaid wages probably amount to by now.
Its not just one white person. Its a country of them. Thats exactly why the money for reparations for Blacks that are the descendants of the enslaved should come from the government.

'Ass-lips' wants him some money for nothing!

That would be the guy that thinks his ancestors getting paid to fight a war means he should get reparations.

Yes. To any Union soldiers that are still alive, from any slaves that are still alive.

Actually, no, the entire concept is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Should Italy pay reparations because the Romans conquered all of Europe, England the mid east and North Africa, and enslaved some of those people?

Last edited:
Let's see....'Ass Lips' shipping costs on a related brother, if he can prove it, at that time in history, was $10 dollars; so after attorney fees, he gets a whole $6 dollahs!

You go, brother! :blsmile:

Many Thousands of families lost their fathers and sons fighting to free Black Americans.

Interesting concept.
Its probably the dumbest concept in the history of dumb concepts.

Evidently you have proof that you had ancestors that were slaves that didn't get paid for their work.
I do.

Not sure what that has to do with the descendants of Yankee soldiers getting paid reparations when they already got paid for being in the military.

That would be the guy that thinks his ancestors getting paid to fight a war means he should get reparations.

A great many of the soldiers (including Black Americans) were volunteers. Do you think they enlisted for the money?

As a responsible parent, businessman and god-damn great civilian I believe that it is just and right to pay yer bills for services rendered..

I thought the fight was state vs. federal authority.
The problem still remains how do we make a transition politically and economically.
So the same solutions that would help transfer control
from federal back to state, would help with economic reforms
as necessary to address class disparity with Blacks and other minorities.

Today the issues of restitution are even broader and more diverse,
where taxpayers are owed billions if not trillions for abuses.
Demanding reimbursement or credits for taxmoney misspent
can be redirected toward financing jobs and programs in reforms,
corrections and sustainable solutions. Why don't we work on that?

If everyone has different grievances they want resolved,
let each party organize its own laundry list of damages.
Why not address them all?

I thought the fight was state vs. federal authority.
The problem still remains how do we make a transition politically and economically.
So the same solutions that would help transfer control
from federal back to state, would help with economic reforms
as necessary to address class disparity with Blacks and other minorities.
There are no classes in the US..

A great many of the soldiers (including Black Americans) were volunteers. Do you think they enlisted for the money?
If they werent Black they were conned into joining just like so many are today. The enslaved being freed was not the original reason for the war. The original reason was to keep the union together. Freeing the slaves was a move done to hit the south in the pockets. I might add that the "slaves" that most the whites were fighting to free were white looking and billed as such. They took mixed children that looked white and portrayed them as being white on posters.

Forum List

Back