Should All Federal Research Grants to American Academia be Halted?

Tom Sweetnam

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2014
8000' up in the san juan mountain foothills
At one time, as recently as the early 70's, American universities and their research facilities led the world in scientific (especially medical) patents. Our universities were brainiac central, the best in the world. Then a malicious virus called Marxism infiltrated American academia and crushed many concepts born of The Age of Enlightenment, things like free expression, the free exchange of ideas, and especially (in the modern American lexicon), "thinking outside the box."

It became an unspoken thought crime for individual faculty members to excel beyond the norm of the average idiot who now represents the lowest common denominator in university teaching. These morons wouldn't last a week in the private sector, and they know it, thus half their railing against those evil corporationie thingies is born from envy and resentment and nothing else.

Today, almost 80% of important patents in engineering, medicine, and pharmacology are born in the private sector, not on campus. So why do we continue to waste billions on mediocrity when we could be pumping that money into private sector research facilities and projects where we actually get a return on our dollars?

Yes I do. The answer to the question in your title is no. Not just no. Hell no.

If you wish for us to not even be within the top 50th for science. But after you do, do make sure to never bitch about the rest of the developed world kicking our fucking ass in science.

Why are you republicans so effin stupid?

This is north Korean like thinking. I think I am going to be fucking sick.

There's two things we should spend money on 1. infrastructure and 2. science. Stop doing either = expect to become a third world butt hole of a nation like Haiti.

You idiots can't possibly be this fucking stupid?

Hell, I'll even consider working the fucking phones for Hilary if your going to go all anti-science! And yes, I'll put a a pro-clinton sticker for my avy!

Goddamn what a change in my belief system the past 4 years. You people are sick in the head.

Last edited:
I don't give a fuck what the democrats push for with identity politics if the republicans even consider this. I'll officially become a democrat. What's the fucking point if we're going to become somalia or haiti.
The policies you spew all over the board is turning us into the third world.

We will not be able to produce energy if matthew's and the democrats ideas keep getting built, we will be broke, unable to produce energy in an emergency. We will use up all the Oil to build Solar and Wind, Research dollars? On technology that has failed in Europe, on Old Technology that modern advancements surpassed over a 100 years ago.

Yes, lets go back in time, and find something to improve, maybe a rock and flint, we could improve to make fire. Nobody is researching that, we could lead the third world.

Sweetie Pie is another one of the neanderthals that would defund all education because they are not teaching whacked out rightwingnut bullshit. People like him believe calculus is a commie plot.

Unreal. Yes we should pull every last dollar out of universities so our kids have nowhere to study math and science. Then everyone can work in a factory for $15 an hour and darnit they should be thankful for that job and that so generous pay. Give it to the private firms, the ones who will hire people and pay them a massive salary like $15 an hour. Everyone wins right? Perhaps its time to swallow our American pride and watch how the Finns do it. They value education, we have ALOT of people who don't.

Unreal. Yes we should pull every last dollar out of universities so our kids have nowhere to study math and science. Then everyone can work in a factory for $15 an hour and darnit they should be thankful for that job and that so generous pay. Give it to the private firms, the ones who will hire people and pay them a massive salary like $15 an hour. Everyone wins right? Perhaps its time to swallow our American pride and watch how the Finns do it. They value education, we have ALOT of people who don't.
Universities existed in the USA before the Government existed or began to fund them. Capitalist Rich people built the first Universities and many more since then.

We don't need to send our kids to your crappy liberal run government universities that will put each student in debt over a $100,000.

Thus far, Wind and Solar Research is a 100% failure, otherwise we would not have to spend over $36 trillion undisputed dollars, think this government run program won't go over the projected budget?

This is north Korean like thinking. I think I am going to be fucking sick.

There's two things we should spend money on 1. infrastructure and 2. science. Stop doing either = expect to become a third world butt hole of a nation like Haiti.

You idiots can't possibly be this fucking stupid?

They can, apparently.

New Topics

Forum List

Back