Should affirmative action policies be based on class rather than race?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
We have had 40 years of racial preference in higher ed admissions, in favor of blacks, for close to two generations. Is it time to base It on socio-economic family status rather than skin color? Three points for consideration:

1) For activist blacks and self-loathing whites who will claim this will hurt black kids’ opportunities, bear in mind that blacks are, as a group, poorer than whites and would thus still garner a disproportionate share of the benefit.

2) Why should Johnny, the son of a dentist and a teacher (I use this example because the black couple who lived across the street when I was a teen were a dentist and a teacher), have admissions standards lowered for him because of his skin color, when he went to school in an affluent area and whose parents could pay for tutoring, and who didn’t need an after-school job and thus could devote all his time to study?

3) Conversely, why should the poor white boy who grew up in a fourth-floor walk-up in Brooklyn, who had to go straight from school to his part-time job to help his family put food on the table and thus had less free time for study, but who STILL - despite this - managed to have better grades and scores than Johnny (above), lose out his college slot to a less-qualified black kid because of skin color?

Wouldn‘t it be more fair to base affirmative action on family SES than skin color?

It absolutely should be based on socio-economic status.

I have long maintained that much of the racial tension is created by the 1%ers to keep the population from realizing how badly we are being screwed.

We have had 40 years of racial preference in higher ed admissions, in favor of blacks, for close to two generations. Is it time to base It on socio-economic family status rather than skin color? Three points for consideration:

1) For activist blacks and self-loathing whites who will claim this will hurt black kids’ opportunities, bear in mind that blacks are, as a group, poorer than whites and would thus still garner a disproportionate share of the benefit.

2) Why should Johnny, the son of a dentist and a teacher (I use this example because the black couple who lived across the street when I was a teen were a dentist and a teacher), have admissions standards lowered for him because of his skin color, when he went to school in an affluent area and whose parents could pay for tutoring, and who didn’t need an after-school job and thus could devote all his time to study?

3) Conversely, why should the poor white boy who grew up in a fourth-floor walk-up in Brooklyn, who had to go straight from school to his part-time job to help his family put food on the table and thus had less free time for study, but who STILL - despite this - managed to have better grades and scores than Johnny (above), lose out his college slot to a less-qualified black kid because of skin color?

Wouldn‘t it be more fair to base affirmative action on family SES than skin color?

Affirmative Action to me means, trying to right past wrongs from people who had nothing to do with those wrongs

look at all the incompetents like Harris and Buttaplug who are the face of Affirmative Action

Buttplugug because he is a filthy rotten dirty bottom and Harris because she is a Schvartze and female

I have long maintained that much of the racial tension is created by the 1%ers to keep the population from realizing how badly we are being screwed.
Yes. You will note that the article discussed the legacies. I once had the horror of working for a Harvard grad, a 3rd-generation Harvard man who was an arrogant snob and with the mental ability that, had he been born to a regular white family, would have gone to some no-name college and squeaked through with Cs. But had he been born to a regular black family, he would have gained from that and gotten into a top college, although maybe not Harvard, and pushed through.

The two groups who gain from favored admissions are legacies and blacks. Time to put a stop to it.

For sure it should be based on economics, but that doesn’t play well with the racist narrative the Democrats encourage.

Should have had a poll to see the numbers.

Just looking at CRT and the 1619 Project, those blacks are looking for any advantage they can get.
So the poll question should be: "Should the US be "color-blind or not" do you favor "affirmative action" or not?

My response would be YES & NO

For sure it should be based on economics, but that doesn’t play well with the racist narrative the Democrats encourage.
I’ve found an interesting dichotomy: when I’ve suggested that affirmative action be based on class rather than race, blacks and self-loathing whites scream that it would be “racist” to discriminate against blacks like that (apparently, a race-blind admissions policy is somehow racist), and then, in the next breath, insist that affirmative action hasn’t helped blacks nor hurt whites.

I agree. A poor person shouldn't have more or less options just because of the color of their skin. That's kind of racist actually.

Affirmative Action to me means, trying to right past wrongs from people who had nothing to do with those wrongs

look at all the incompetents like Harris and Buttaplug who are the face of Affirmative Action

Buttplugug because he is a filthy rotten dirty bottom and Harris because she is a Schvartze and female

Pete Buttigieg got affirmative action scholarships or grants? lol Really?

I agree. A poor person shouldn't have more or less options just because of the color of their skin. That's kind of racist actually.
Of course it’s racist. Favoring an upper-middle class student for admissions over a poor student with better grades, simply because the affluent kid has darker skin tone, is about as racist as one can get.

Pete Buttigieg got affirmative action scholarships or grants? lol Really?
That GD faggot bastard is so incompetent. Mayor of a shit hole town and lost everything he ran for

Every time I see that faggot I see him sucking a dick

Progs have had opportunities to change this if Repubs would not. As you see plainly, Joe talks about being from the streets and is a peasant, but he hobnobs with the wealthy.

Affirmative Action is nothing more than another "power tool" used by Dems and Libs to further displace blame from themselves for not telling these people to STFU and learn a skilled trade or starve to death. They'd rather pander to the slovenly and the useless, and waste our tax dollars by giving them welfare benefits they don't need, don't deserve, or have any rights to in the first place.

Learn how to do something, and do it well, and you will always have a job. Sit on your fat ass all day, whining about how the world made YOUR life so miserable just proves to the world that you don't need to exist in the first place, and are a waste of space and tax dollars......don't care WHAT "color" you are.

We have had 40 years of racial preference in higher ed admissions, in favor of blacks, for close to two generations.
You do realize that affirmative action is race neutral while prior to it's enactment, the U.S. had what 254+ years of legally mandated white favoritism? It wasn't even a preference, it was the law.

Don't want to give up that 199 year head start huh?

Progs have had opportunities to change this if Repubs would not. As you see plainly, Joe talks about being from the streets and is a peasant, but he hobnobs with the wealthy.
Biden is a multimillionaire, “Thanksgivining” on Nantucket in a billionaire’s mansion, declaring “America is back,” all the while ordinary Americans can’t fill up their gas tanks.

Affirmative Action is nothing more than another "power tool" used by Dems and Libs to further displace blame from themselves for not telling these people to STFU and learn a skilled trade or starve to death. They'd rather pander to the slovenly and the useless, and waste our tax dollars by giving them welfare benefits they don't need, don't deserve, or have any rights to in the first place.

Learn how to do something, and do it well, and you will always have a job. Sit on your fat ass all day, whining about how the world made YOUR life so miserable just proves to the world that you don't need to exist in the first place, and are a waste of space and tax dollars......don't care WHAT "color" you are.
You actually sound kind of bitter

You do realize that affirmative action is race neutral while prior to it's enactment, the U.S. had what 254+ years of legally mandated white favoritism? It wasn't even a preference, it was the law.

Don't want to give up that 199 year head start huh?
Oh please. The current black students, whose parents ALSO had benefit of affirmative action, have had two generations to go to college and send their kids to college.

How many generations do you need? Jews arrived here in advance of Hitler, impoverished and fleeing for their lives, and just ONE generation later their kids are all college graduates. But that was before the pro-black bias. The poor Jews got in via merit alone.

Youve had two generations. Just how many poor whites, born after slavery and after Jim Crow and had nothing to do with any of it, have to lose out on an opportunity for a good life so that middle class blacks get into college?

They are already pushing for this, in a certain sense.

Anyone who has been paying attention has seen the wording change from 'Equality' to 'Equity'

Sound similar...but most certainly are not.

This is, of course not designed to help Whites.

This is designed to exclude whites, as they become the minority.

equity​

noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

eq·ui·ty | \ ˈe-kwə-tē \
plural equities
Essential Meaning of equity
1formal : fairness or justice in the way people are treated In making these decisions we should be governed by the principle of equity.

equality​

noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

equal·i·ty | \ i-ˈkwä-lə-tē \
plural equalities
Essential Meaning of equality
: the quality or state of being equal : the quality or state of having the same rights, social status, etc.

HOWEVER...

As our nation browns...and whites become a minority...how ya think that is gonna play out? Hmmm?

Brazil? RSA?

Forum List

Back