Shootings in Britain

2aguy said:
This fact, according to you, should have increased the gun crime rate in the United States as the rest of the world experienced crime rates going down....since, again, your argument is more guns will increase gun crime and regular crime.

You appear to live in a fantasy bubble where everyone you disagree with is an “anti-gun extremist”. I’ve never put forth this argument, yet you keep accusing me of doing so. I merely disprove your argument time after time that private ownership of guns reduces crime and your idolised “gun gurus” have feet of clay.

Just because you seem unable to grasp my position I’ll say again, I like guns, I used to own three handguns when it was legal to do so in the UK and spent a lot of my spare time on the shooting range. In that respect, I’m possibly your worst nightmare, someone who’s not afraid of guns but sees the value in gun registration, licensing after strict background/medical/psychological checks and extensive compulsory training in handling and safe storing of firearms. In other words, responsible gun ownership.

I do not see the value of letting every Tom, Dick or Harry carry guns around without any restrictions; the situation you have in the USA. I do not subscribe to the myth that, “the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

2aguy said:
There are over 19.4 million Americans who can legally carry guns in this country.....a country of over 330 million people.....spread out across a land mass the size of western europe.....

…and yet you keep arguing that these19.4 million people are responsible for almost halving the crime rate! Wow! Disband the police, the FBI and the Texas Rangers, you don’t need them any more, you have those 19.4 million “superheroes” with gunz!

2aguy said:
to stop guys like this from committing rape, robbery and murder…

You’d think with all these “millions” of law abiding American gun owners stopping crimes on a daily basis, you could find more recent examples rather than just continualy resorting to your cut and past library of events from 2017.

Meanwhile in America…

Baby of pregnant Florida woman accidentally shot by husband dies

“The Martin County Sheriff's Office said a man said he mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder and shot her in the head, killing her.

then there's this:

"As parents rushed to pick up their kids hours after a shooting at Hendersonville Middle School, two sisters described what they say was a frightening scene inside the gym.

That’s where police say a firearm was discharged by a 12-year-old boy, striking a 12-year-old girl in the leg."

13-year-old accused of shooting classmate faces felony charge

Gosh, wonder where a 12 year old boy got the gun?

And more. Suspect in shooting death of 7-year-old Detroit girl arrested in Dallas

“Police said a vehicle drove by a home on the 3900 block of Bedford at about 8:20 p.m. on Oct. 28 and opened fire on the house. Reginae had been sleeping on a couch when she was struck in the head by shots fired through the living room window, police said. She died Oct. 30.

"It's sad when you can't go to sleep because you don't know if you'll wake up again," said her mother, Etosha Williams, days after the shooting. "It's sad that as parents, you put your child to sleep, and lay them on the couch, and you're thinking all is well — but yet a coward decides they have nothing better to do than shoot rounds into a house that had two parents and nine children in there."

Why is it so easy for children in America to get hold of guns?

Two juveniles killed, two others shot. What we know about the I-24 Nashville shooting

Nashville police on Wednesday continued to investigate the circumstances surrounding early Tuesday's quadruple shooting of four juveniles along Interstate 24 in downtown Nashville.

Two of the juveniles, ages 12 and 14, died.

Probably because gun controls are so lax all they need to do is break a window: 49 guns stolen from Michigan gun store, $5,000 reward offered for information

2aguy said:
...there have been a number of studies on this...

Yes there have and none of them outside the “John (lies a) Lott gun nut bubble” show any corelation between declining crime rates and increased gun ownership. Even the last link you posted to support your theory doesn’t mention guns. Homicide is declining around the world because we’re getting old

All of the studies I linked to were outside of Dr. Lott's influence, done by independent researchers..........but keep lying......

I listed the studies, even quoted the conclusions.......

Again....you are lying.......you are intentionally playing stupid because the facts and the truth, using your own points about declining crime rates, show you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about.

You stated that crime rates around the world, including the U.S. were all going down.

I pointed out that the gun crime murder rate went down 49%, the gun crime rate down 75%, the violent crime rate 72% in the U.S.....this is more than the 46% down turn in crime in Europe..........

Then, I pointed out that as the entire world had decreasing crime rates, including the U.S......a variable was thrown in....increasing gun ownership, and increasing numbers of Americans owning and also carrying guns in public for self defense.

Now, according to you.....this variable should have not only stopped the decrease in the crime rate in the U.S.....as the rest of the world's crime rates went down....it should have, in fact, caused the opposite effect, and increase in crime in the U.S.....

Again, the opposite happened, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%........

This shows that guns in a country do not increase gun murder, gun crime, or violent crime........27 years of this variable show this.

As the studies....and there are more of them....show......guns in the hands of normal, law abiding people, also help reduce the crime rate.

First, by saving actual victims.....from rape, robbery and murder.....lives saved.

Second....by creating an environment where criminals do not want to interact with victims.....so they choose victimless crimes....residential burglary, instead of robbery.......

You are wrong....what you believe is not based in truth, facts or reality.......and each time you bring up points, in the end, they support my position and defeat yours.

Meanwhile in America…

Baby of pregnant Florida woman accidentally shot by husband dies

“The Martin County Sheriff's Office said a man said he mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder and shot her in the head, killing her.

then there's this:

"As parents rushed to pick up their kids hours after a shooting at Hendersonville Middle School, two sisters described what they say was a frightening scene inside the gym.

That’s where police say a firearm was discharged by a 12-year-old boy, striking a 12-year-old girl in the leg."

13-year-old accused of shooting classmate faces felony charge

Gosh, wonder where a 12 year old boy got the gun?

And more. Suspect in shooting death of 7-year-old Detroit girl arrested in Dallas

“Police said a vehicle drove by a home on the 3900 block of Bedford at about 8:20 p.m. on Oct. 28 and opened fire on the house. Reginae had been sleeping on a couch when she was struck in the head by shots fired through the living room window, police said. She died Oct. 30.

"It's sad when you can't go to sleep because you don't know if you'll wake up again," said her mother, Etosha Williams, days after the shooting. "It's sad that as parents, you put your child to sleep, and lay them on the couch, and you're thinking all is well — but yet a coward decides they have nothing better to do than shoot rounds into a house that had two parents and nine children in there."

1.1 million times a year, Americans use their legal guns to save lives......according to the Centers for Disease control

1.5 million times a year if you use the numbers from the Department of Justice research...

If you want to post stories....I can post stories......

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

12/24/17
'I had to take care of things': Gun-wielding Texas mother scares off intruder
The family does not want to be identified, but wanted to share the story in hope that awareness can help in similar situations.

The mother was at home with the family's 3-month-old daughter Thursday night. Her husband was out of town working, but was coming home Friday to celebrate the first Christmas with their daughter.

After tossing and turning in bed for a while, the mother was not able to fall asleep and went to the living room around 11:30 p.m.

About an hour later, she heard the home alarm beep and her back door open.

Her instinct kicked in.

"I froze for a second and then I realized I needed to spring into action, I mean, I had my baby in the house. I was alone. My husband was away on business, so I had to take care of things," she said.

She grabbed a gun and went towards the back door, where she found a man standing in her kitchen.

She yelled at the man while pointing the gun at him, and her dog ran towards him, scaring him out of the back door.

She locked the door and called 911.
================

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/22/suspect-puts-gun-mans-head-gets-shot/

A suspect put a gun to a man’s head on Thursday only to flee under a barrage of bullets after the would-be victim pulled his own gun and opened fire.

The incident occurred in Philadelphia’s West Oak Lane.

According to 6 ABC, Rahkeim Kelly was “headed home from buying a soda” when the suspect in a hoodie approached and put a gun to his head. Kelly managed to move away quickly, take cover behind a car, draw his own gun, and open fire.

The suspect, 22-year-old Osirus Lester, fled the scene.

Kelly said, “I fired two shots first, then he tried to take off running. I fired one more, then he ended up dropping the gun. He ran off and I just went and secured the weapon.”
Lester was arrested within minutes with a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Philadelphia Police Capt. Sekou Kinnebrew said, “[Kelly] does have a valid permit to carry. We checked that out. He’s the victim of a robbery. He did attempt to retreat, taking cover behind a car. But the offender continued to aggress, and (the victim) had to defend himself.”
=====================

11/25/17
Auto shop employees credited with taking down accused Rockledge gunman

ROCKLEDGE — A man armed with a .45-caliber handgun and a lot of ammunition wandered onto an auto repair shop property and began firing in the parking lot Friday afternoon, police said.

The gunman killed one employee and paralyzed a second. That's when the employees at Schlenker Automotive fought back with equal force, Rockledge police chief Joseph La Sata said.

"The manager, who was a concealed weapons permit holder, came out and engaged in gunfire in the parking lot," La Sata said. "The manager fled back inside the building, being chased by the gunman. Another Schlenker employee, who also had concealed weapons permit, engaged in gunfire with the suspect."

Police said the suspect in the homicide is Robert Lorenzo Bailey Jr., 28, of Cocoa. He was shot twice and was in critical condition at Health First's Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne. Officers are keeping him under watch.
===================
11/15/17

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/good-guy-gun-stops-sex-assault-hiking-trail

According to The Blaze, Josh Williams, 39, nearly left his handgun at home when heading out to the hiking trail on a dark morning back in September, but he felt the nagging sensation that he should take it anyway. That turned out to be the right call because while on the trail at 5:30 a.m., Williams heard a woman scream loud enough to get past his music-blaring earbuds.

In the darkness, Williams shined his flashlight and discovered a woman being sexually assaulted and approached the perpetrator.

“I came up, pulled my gun and told him to get off of her,” Williams recalled. He then asked the man to get on his knees and asked to see his hands: “That way I knew he didn’t have a weapon. And at that point he was no threat, so I didn’t feel the need to shoot him.”

The perp ran away but thanks to a good description from both the victim and Williams, police were able to later apprehend 22-year-old Richard McEachern and charge him with sexual assault.

The victim was very glad Williams decided to carry that day and used a gun to save her from a dangerous situation. That was the first time Williams ever pointed his weapon at another person, but it confirmed for him the importance of the Second Amendment:

“It’s dark, and I don’t know what’s out there, so I have it to protect myself and other people. That’s what it’s all about anyway — to help other people with it, not just myself.
“I didn’t think I’d ever have to pull it. Did I want to? No, not at all. But just … right place, right time.”
====================
11/11/17

81-year-old homeowner fatally shoots armed robber

A suspect was shot and killed when he tried to rob an 81-year-old man at gunpoint outside of the man’s home in Genoa, Arkansas, on Thursday afternoon.

Buddy Cates told KSLA that he walked outside of his home around 1:30 p.m. and came face to face with the suspect, who authorities are still working to identify.

Cates said the suspect was holding a “big pistol,” but Cates also had his hand in his pocket, gripping his own gun.

“The battle was one,” Cates recalled, noting that, between the two, at least a dozen shots were fired.

“Whoever got the biggest gun and fastest will be boss when it is all said and done,” Cates said. “In this case, it was me.”

Cates was uninjured, but the suspect died after he was taken to a hospital in Texarkana, not far from Cates’ home.

After the attempted robbery and subsequent shooting, three women were arrested in connection to the crime, according to reports from the Texarkana Gazette. Kiana Keshaun Montgomery, 21; Shaynesha Martin, 19; and Ke’Erica Turner, 20, are all facing charges for aggravated robbery and are being held at the Miller County Detention Center. Authorities did not say what part the women played in the robbery or whether they are believed to be responsible for other crimes.

11/4/17

Walmart shooting, where good guys didn't shoot

Colorado Walmart's Armed Innocents Hampered Police. Or Not. - The Truth About Guns

First, the police weren’t on scene when the killer fired his gun; they arrived after the perp had escaped. Second, the armed good guys didn’t shoot other armed good guys (no shots were fired by anyone other than the bad guy). And third, other reports indicate that the killer scarpered after he caught sight of armed opposition.

Given these facts one could easily argue that armed defenders prevented greater loss of life. And that all the anti-gun rights hysteria about the presence of armed innocents making\ cops’ jobs harder is a bunch of horsesh*t. I mean, how exactly did these armed Americans threaten public safety?

------

Nine-point-nine times out of ten, the police are not the first responders to an act of violence. The innocent people being attacked are the first responders. The idea that they should be disarmed to make it easier for armed police to respond — most often after the fact — is to say that it’s OK to sacrifice innocent life on the altar of imagined efficiency. It isn’t.

Besides, as National Association for Gun Rights Prez Dudley Brown told the Times, “In that situation, what are people supposed to do? Lay down on the floor and draw chalk marks around themselves?”
11/1/17

Dallas Homeowner's Story Proves Why Private Citizens Need Guns

For one Dallas homeowner, however, the nightmare became reality.

A man that police believe intended to rob a Lake Highlands home was shot early Monday morning.

It happened in the 9500 block of Moss Farm Lane near Abrams Road and Royal Lane.

The homeowner said the man first rang his doorbell around 5 a.m. He apologized for being at the wrong home and left.

A few minutes later the man came back, kicked in the door and forced his way inside. But the homeowner had a gun and opened fire, police said.

Neighbors said they heard about a half a dozen shots. When responding officers arrived they found the wounded suspect in the street. The suspect was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He is expected to survive, police said.

The homeowner and his wife were reportedly unhurt and are cooperating with investigators, which is to be expected. After all, it rarely gets to be a more clear case of self-defense than that. I mean, the suspect reportedly knew the house was occupied, yet busted the door in just the same. It’s not an unreasonable assumption to believe that he allegedly entered that home with harmful intent.

And he was shot for his troubles.

Now, he gets to recover from his wounds and contemplate his life choices that led him to get shot in some stranger’s house simply because he apparently thought he had the right to bust into someone else’s home. If he’s smart, he’ll realize he’s fortunate to be alive and seek the path of redemption.

10/20/17

Good guy with a gun stops kidnapping

It was habit, not heroism, that caused Justin Pearson to grab his gun.

But seconds later, that weapon enabled Pearson to stop a kidnapping taking place just outside his Las Vegas home on Oct. 5.

“We heard this real loud noise outside,” said Pearson, 36. “I opened up the door, and this big BMW goes flying by — 60 mph in a 25 mph zone. I dialed 911 immediately.”

As he always does before leaving his house, Pearson, a concealed-carry weapon permit holder, put his pistol on his hip. The 911 operator asked for a license plate number, so Pearson moved down the street to get it.

“He had lost control of the car and almost went into a house at the end of the street,” Pearson said. The BMW then turned around and stopped in front of a neighbor’s yard, where a 6-year-old boy was standing.

“About 50 yards in front of me, the driver grabs this young child and starts stuffing him in the car,” Pearson said.

“‘Holy crap, he just took a child, and he’s trying to stuff him into the car!’” Pearson remembers telling the operator.

Pearson is 6-foot-4 but makes a beanpole look stocky. The kidnapper, Pearson recalls, was a similar height, but was a “solid” 250 pounds.

“He was a very big dude, and I’m not a menacing person by any means,” Pearson said. “I don’t think I could have physically stopped the guy. It would have been super ugly if it was just me versus him.”

Fortunately, Pearson had a trump card — a Heckler & Koch VP9 pistol legally resting on his right hip.

“I carry a concealed firearm everywhere I go,” Pearson said. “I lifted up my shirt and put my hand on my gun.”

“‘Hey, stop!’ I said, real loud. He turned and looked at me. There was just enough of a delay for the kid to get out of the car. I know he saw the firearm.”

With the boy out of the car and an armed citizen staring him down, the man decided to drive away. Pearson and his still-holstered pistol stopped a kidnapping. Police wouldn’t arrive for 17 minutes.

“If I didn’t have a firearm, I don’t think there’s much I could have done,” Pearson said.

A Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman confirmed many of the details in Pearson’s story, including the date, time and location. Pearson said — and Metro confirmed — that the would-be kidnapper was the boy’s biological father, who didn’t have parental rights or permission to take the child.

This isn’t the first time Pearson has used a firearm to stop a crime.

“Many years ago, I was carrying and a guy pulled a knife on a friend of mine,” Pearson said. “I quickly drew my firearm, and the kid ran away.”

These kinds of stories rarely make the news. But they happen more often than we realize and underscore an important point. Concealed-carry weapon permit holders prevent crimes.

============

10/16/17

Attacker with knife flees after woman reveals her concealed carry gun, police say

A woman in Illinois was reportedly able to protect herself with her concealed carry firearm after a stranger with a knife jumped into her car.

Police said a woman who was parked near a shopping mall in Moline on Sunday was attacked by a man who fought his way into her car, according to WQAD 8.

During the fight, the man reportedly slashed the woman’s arm with a knife. He then ordered the woman to drive to Rock Island County, a rural area, according to police.
DC GUN-FREE ZONES CAUSE CONFUSION OVER LEGALITY OF GUN CARRY EVEN WITH A PERMIT

Once the woman stopped the car, she was able to reach her gun, which she had a concealed carry firearm permit for, WQAD 8 reported.

After the attacker saw the weapon, he reportedly ran off and she was able to drive herself to the hospital.

Police subsequently opened an investigation and arrested Floyd R. May, 61.

May was charged with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated battery with a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and aggravated assault.

===========

Two juveniles killed, two others shot. What we know about the I-24 Nashville shooting

Nashville police on Wednesday continued to investigate the circumstances surrounding early Tuesday's quadruple shooting of four juveniles along Interstate 24 in downtown Nashville.

Probably because gun controls are so lax all they need to do is break a window: 49 guns stolen from Michigan gun store, $5,000 reward offered for information

10/11/17

Woman stabbed shoots and kills attacker...

Fatal Lawndale shooting ruled self-defense, woman not charged

A woman who shot a man after he stabbed her multiple times Thursday afternoon in Lawndale acted in self-defense and will not be charged, police said.

About 4:05 p.m. Oct. 5, the 25-year-old man was shot in the chest when he stabbed the 25-year-old woman multiple times in the 4000 block of West 21st Street, Chicago Police said.

The woman was taken in serious condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:48 p.m., authorities said.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office identified him as Pleasure Cardell Singleton Jr.

The stabbing was believed to be a domestic incident, police said, but the nature of the relationship between the two wasn’t released.
======

9/25/17

Would-be robber fatally shot by resident after forcing family into basement

A man was shot and killed inside a home in Hammond, Indiana, Friday morning while attempting to rob the residents.

According to a statement from the Hammond Police Department, the suspect, who has not been publicly identified, entered the home through the front door around 7:30 a.m. The suspect said he knew of a safe in the basement of the home and announced a robbery while threatening the residents with the firearm.

The suspect then forced three residents into the basement, but unbeknown to the would-be robber, there was a fourth resident inside the house as well. The fourth resident retrieved a handgun, and when the suspect came out of the basement and walked into the kitchen, he shot the suspect multiple times in the chest.

Police were called, and when officers arrived on the scene, the suspect, who was only identified as a black male, was found lying on the kitchen floor. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

==========

9/8/17

Taco Bell employees shoot, kill armed robbery suspect

CLEVELAND – Three employees at a Cleveland Taco Bell shot and killed a suspect during an attempted robbery, according to police.

Officers responded to the restaurant on W. 117th street at 2:45 a.m. Wednesday morning for a report of a robbery with shots fired.

When police arrived, they found a suspect with multiple gunshot wounds. Officers administered first aid until EMS arrived. The suspect later died at MetroHealth Medical Center. The medical examiner later identified the suspect as 24-year-old Cleveland resident De'Carlo Jackson.

Another man, believed to be Jackson's accomplice, had already taken off by the time officers arrived.

Police say a preliminary investigation indicates that three Taco Bell employees, all armed, shot at the two suspects after they came into the restaurant wearing masks and ordered the employees to the ground at gunpoint.
==============

8/23/17

Police: Robber tries to take woman's purse, flees when 57-year-old shows gun at west Little Rock shopping center

The would-be robber reportedly grabbed the woman’s purse while it rested on her shoulder, at which point, the victim brandished a weapon she had stored inside.

According to the report, the assailant then fled west through the parking lot of the grocery store and behind Belk.

No items were listed as stolen from the woman.
===================
8/9/17

Deputies: Mass Stabbing Suspect Stopped When Fourth Target Pulled a Gun - Breitbart

Deputies say a suspect who allegedly stabbed three people in Seminole, Florida, stopped when a fourth individual pulled a gun on him.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.

According to The Patch, the incident began when witnesses alleged they saw 49-year-old Bobby Martin Watson trying to rob a woman in a Publix parking lot. Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office deputies indicate that the woman–44-year-old Rosanna Lynn–struggled with Watson and he stabbed her.

Watson then ran and a witness–44-year-old Christopher McMann–approached, only to get stabbed as well.

Deputies said a second good Samaritan–31-year-old Travis Jones–then chased and tackled Watson, only to be “stabbed in the abdomen during the struggle that ensued.” Forty-year-old Donald Rush saw what was happening, grabbed his gun from his vehicle and ran at Watson. He was able to take away the knife “and held [Watson] at gunpoint until deputies arrived.”

Rush did not have to fire his gun. The sight of the brandished firearm was enough to stop the attack.

Watson was booked into the Pinellas County jail. He faces charges of “armed robbery and three counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.”

8/6/17

Police: Armed Woman Stops Road Rage Attacker with One Shot - Breitbart

Police in Glendale, Arizona, say an armed woman stopped a road rage attacker with one shot on Wednesday.
The armed motorist repeatedly said she was armed but the attacker ignored her warnings.

According to 3 TV/CBS 5, Glendale Police Sgt. Scott Waite said a driver that was cut off by another vehicle at 67th and Olive Avenues, and then followed the vehicle “to 59th Avenue and Bell Road where a physical altercation took place.”

The road rage suspect allegedly approached the car and struck the passenger in the face, at which point the female driver exited the vehicle and announced that she was armed. Unfazed, “the suspect then [allegedly] approached the armed driver and punched her in the face and continued to assault her, putting her into a headlock.”

Waite said the road rage suspect kept attacking the driver, even though the driver continued warning that she was armed. Realizing there was no other option, the driver then fired one shot, “ending the fight.”

A witness of the incident told 12 News, “One of them broke the car window of another car pulled the lady out and they started fighting in the middle of the street. One got on top of the other and the girl just pulled out a gun and shot her in the gut.”

8/2/17

66-year-old jewelry store owner beaten during robbery, shoots 2 suspects, third in custody

Authorities say the trio – all of whom were armed with handguns – entered the business around 2:45, displayed their weapons and demanded cash and merchandise before they began beating and pistol whipping the 66-year-old store owner. At some point during the assault, the store owner was able to break free and retrieve his own gun.

The owner opened fire on the suspects and a gunfight ensued. During this time, Gomez and Mitchell were struck by gunfire. The owner, although he sustained injuries from the assault, was not injured by gunfire.

Soon after shots were fired, the trio ran from the store and fled the area in a vehicle that had been parked at a nearby carwash.

Gomez, who suffered multiple gunshot wounds, was dropped off at an area hospital, and Mitchell was found lying in the roadway at another location. Gomez, who has robbery charges pending, remains hospitalized, while Mitchell was pronounced dead at the scene where he was found.

Two days after the robbery, authorities received a tip that Harris was hiding out in San Antonio, leading the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force to conduct surveillance. The Task Force witnessed Harris leave a residence then get into a vehicle and drive away. A subsequent traffic stop was conducted, during which time Harris surrendered without incident.

7/24/17

72-year-old who fatally shot robber: ‘I’m a good shooter’

After Johnson drove Holt to the apartment, she got out of the vehicle and walked around to the side of the building. Moments later, two men, one of whom was armed with a gun, approached Johnson’s vehicle and demanded money as they hit him multiple times.

“They didn’t know who they were messing with,” Johnson later told reporters. “They messed with the wrong person that day.”

Unbeknown to the suspects, Johnson was packing a pistol.

“I was getting the gun out at the same time while he was asking for the money, when he was asking for the money, talking – POW! I shot that bastard,” Johnson said.

Johnson fired a single shot, striking Randall Caradine, 46, in the chest. Caradine was transported to a hospital and died a short time later, while the second suspect made off with $1,000 in cash and remains at large.

Following the robbery and subsequent shooting, authorities interviewed Holt, who admitted the robbery was previously planned in order to pay off a $30 drug debt owed to Caradine and the second suspect.

7/18/17
no shots fired....
17-Year-Old Spokane Girl Grabs Dad's Gun, Scares Off Home Intruder

On Monday morning, a 17-year-old Spokane girl gave a suspected car thief a rude reception when he invaded her house; brandishing her father’s gun in his face before he fled like a scared rabbit.

The entire sequence of events started at roughly 5:00 a.m. when deputies spotted a stolen car in the Wandermere area. Once they started pursuing the suspect, he fled on foot.

The police provided updates on the The Wake Up Show on KHQ. Meanwhile, 17-year-old Kimber Wood's boyfriend and parents saw the updates, before they left for work. Her boyfriend met some deputies on his way, then called Kimber to inform him of what was happening.

Kimber called her father to ask if she could grab one of his guns. He assented, whereupon she placed it under her pillow and went back to sleep.

She awakened and heard an intruder, prompting her to grab the gun. Hiding behind her makeup vanity, she suddenly came face to face with the car thief.

Brandishing her gun, she pointed it at the suspect and said, "Who are you?" and "Get the (expletive) out of my house!"

The thief beat a hasty retreat after stealing her boyfriend’s ATV; but Kimber wanted to make sure he got the message, firing one shot into the ground as he fled.
=========================

How much money, how many lives are saved by armed americans...Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

Our man Bruce Krafft — whose posts we dearly miss — did the math back in 2012. Here it is:

Our fearless leader suggested that I take a look at the flip side of the anti’s latest attack on our freedoms (a recycled strategy from the Clinton-era Public Health model of gun control): the monetary cost of gun violence.

For example, the Center for American Progress touted the “fact” that the Virginia Tech massacre cost taxpayers $48.2 million (including autopsy costs and a fine against Virginia Tech for failing to get their skates on when the killer started shooting).

It’s one of the antis’ favorite tricks: cost benefit analysis omitting the benefit side of the equation. So what are the financial benefits of firearm ownership to society? Read on . . .

In my post Dennis Henigan on Chardon: Clockwork Edition, I did an analysis of how many lives were saved annually in Defensive Gun Uses (DGUs). I used extremely conservative numbers. Now I am going to use some less conservative ones.

The Kleck-Gertz DGU study estimated that there are between 2.1 and 2.5 million DGUs a year in the U.S. The Ludwig-Cook study came up with 1.46 million. So let’s split the difference and call it 1.88 million DGUs per year.

In the K-G article Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun, 15.7 percent of people who had a DGU reckoned they almost certainly saved a life. Ignoring the ‘probably’ and ‘might have’ saved a life categories for simplicity, 15.7 percent of 1.88 million gives us 295,160 lives saved annually.

[NB: A number of people have questioned the 15.7 percent stat. Remember: many states regard the mere act of pulling a gun on someone a form of deadly force. In addition, virtually every jurisdiction in the nation requires that an armed self-defender must be in “reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm” before using (or in some places even threatening to use) deadly force.]

How can we get a dollar figure from 1.88 million defensive gun uses per year? Never fear, faithful reader, we can count on the .gov to calculate everything.

According to the AZ state government, in February of 2008 a human life was worth $6.5 million. Going to the Inflation Calculator and punching in the numbers gives us a present value of $6.93 million.

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

=========

This Guy Tried To Rob A 7-Eleven. The Clerk Had A Gun.

A man attempted to rob a 7-Eleven in Virginia Beach, Virginia, on Saturday, but was stopped by a clerk with a gun.

The man, identified as Davin McClenney, allegedly attempted the robbery at 1:06 a.m. but was shot by a 7-Eleven clerk who has not yet been publicly identified.

When police arrived at the scene, McClenney was already down with a bullet in his upper body. He was taken to the hospital, where he is currently in critical condition.

McClenney has a prior criminal record that includes three robberies, one of which was a home invasion in July 2016 that involved him reportedly taking numerous items from the homeowner at gunpoint. He was set to stand trial for the crime in August, but a judge granted his release from jail on bond in December.

=================
6/2/17 teenage thug shot and killed

Chicago teen fatally shot by CCP-holder during attempted robbery

A 16-year-old boy is dead after he allegedly tried to rob a man outside of a bank in the Oak Park area of Chicago Saturday morning.

Police say it appears the teen, who was armed with a gun, approached the 24-year-old victim just after 11 a.m. intending to commit a robbery. However, the would-be victim was also armed and an exchange of gunfire occurred.

The teen, who was identified as Damon Phillips, was shot multiple times in the chest and fled the scene in a waiting car. He later showed up at an area hospital where he was pronounced dead about half an hour after the attempted robbery. It wasn’t immediately known how Phillips got to the hospital or whether there was a second suspect involved.

The victim, who authorities confirmed has a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon, was not injured.

No charges have been filed at this time, although the incident remains under investigation.

5/110/17 Chicago car jackers shot

Alleged carjacker shot, wounded on SW Side

CHICAGO (WLS) --
The victim of an apparent carjacking shot and wounded one of the two men who allegedly tried to steal his vehicle Wednesday afternoon on the city's Southwest Side, police said.

The carjacker was shot in the groin, and were nabbed by police outside an auto repair shop near 63rd and Whipple in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood.

The 29-year-old owner of the vehicle, who has a valid conceal and carry license, fired his weapon after the two men approached him outside his PT Cruiser near 62nd and Homan.

The carjacker who was hit, a 25-year-old man, was taken to Christ Medical Center where he was in good condition on Wednesday, police said.

A witness said that by the time the PT Cruiser pulled into the driveway of the auto repair shop, it was being followed by five to six police cars.

Surveillance video captured the moment when police approached the vehicle outside the auto repair shop, two people in the car with their hands up.

Police found blood in the backseat and a flat tire.

Both offenders were in custody Wednesday

=========

1/23/17

Pizza Delivery Man Shot, Returns Fire

In southwest Philadelphia, a pizza deliveryman was ambushed and shot after he arrived at the location of a "customer."

The 36-year-old father of eight was delivering pizzas for Chester Pizza just after 7 p.m. Someone had called for a delivery and gave the address of an abandoned house in the 5300 block of Yocum Street

He got out of his car and almost immediately found himself face-to-face with the armed suspect.

"A group of males came from the abandoned property towards him," said Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker. "One pulled a gun, pointed it at the pizza delivery driver's head (and) demanded money and pizzas."

Keyveat Fredericks struggled with the attackers and then made it to his car. "I smacked his gun. Ran around my vehicle. I had dropped the pizzas. I heard one shot. I felt it hit me. I can tell you I felt it go through my arm. I heard it literally hit my gun that was on my side on my holster and I felt it go inside of me," he described.

He was shot on his arm and hip.

But Fredericks didn't give up. He hid behind his car, unholstered his weapon, and shot back.
=======

1/11/17 Armed citizen saves trooper

Armed Man Saves Wounded Arizona State Trooper - The Truth About Guns
==========================
1/10/17

Pawn store shoot out video...you see owner shoot and kill one, the other runs away...

GUN FIGHT: Breaking Down the Dixie Gun & Pawn Robbery

12/19/16

Armed citizens foil 2 separate robberies in Philadelphia

Two attempted robberies in Philadelphia over the weekend were stopped when both intended targets fought back against and fired at their assailants.

The first attempted robbery occurred at an auto repair shop around 6:30 p.m. in the Elmwood area of the city. According to local reports, after the armed robber entered the shop, the owner shot the suspect a total of three times – once in the chest, once in the shoulder and once in the buttocks.

When police arrived on the scene, the 30-year-old suspect was transported to a local hospital. As of Sunday night, he remained in critical condition.

Police say they recovered a weapon from the scene. Neither the suspect or the shop owner’s names have been released.

The second incident unfolded about three hours later, shortly after 9:30 p.m., when a pizza delivery driver was making what he thought was a delivery in a northeast neighborhood.

As the 52-year-old driver, who police confirmed is licensed to carry a concealed firearm, walked up to the house where he was supposed to make the delivery, he was jumped from behind by the suspects. They initially made off with $82 from the driver, but as they attempted to make their escape, the driver opened fire, striking one of the suspects in the leg.

===============
11/15/16

Armed Bystander Guns Down Criminal Suspect Attacking Cop

A passerby carrying a concealed weapon shot and killed a criminal suspect who was attacking a sheriff’s deputy in Estero, Fla.

Deputy Dean Bardes was pursuing a fleeing suspect in a 100 mph car chase down Interstate 75 when the suspect abruptly stopped, exited his car, and attacked Bardes after he did the same, acording to local WINK News. The suspect, whom the deputy says was armed, got the better of Bardes, who began crying for help.

“The officer opened his door, and the guy got out and ran out and grabbed the officer out of his car and started beating him profusely, throwing him to the ground and punching him in all different directions,” eyewitness Shanta Holditch told local station NBC-2.

---------

The bystander pointed his gun at the suspect and warned he would fire if he didn’t stop attacking the deputy. When the suspect refused, the bystander shot him three times, allowing Bardes to escape. The man later died from his injuries.

Bardes avoided being shot and was released from the hospital Monday afternoon after being treated for minor injuries.
===============================

11/3/16

73-Year-Old Homeowner Kills Two Armed Robbers: Defensive Gun Use of the Day - The Truth About Guns

An [unnamed] active 73-year-old retiree was well liked in his South St. Louis neighborhood. He helped people out. He spent much of his time in his garage working on his truck. The retiree had been a victim of robbery attempts before. The armed homeowner was in his garage, working on his truck, when two men entered with guns drawn. From fox2now.com:

A 73-year-old man told police that he shot the suspects after they attempted to rob him. Investigators say that the man was inside of his garage when the suspects entered the door and displayed their guns. Police say that one of the suspects held a gun to the victim’s head and demanded the victim back up.

The victim said he got out his gun and, fearing for his safety, shot at the men. Police say that the victim’s gun and the guns used by the suspects were recovered from the scene. The gun recovered from Jonathan Warren was reported stolen on Sunday by the Florissant Police Department.

The homeowner’s marksmanship didn’t let him down. The two dead robbers, Jonathan Warren, 18, and Lonnie Middlebrook, 20, had significant criminal histories. No surprise there. From stltoday comments:

Case.net shows these two were certainly not on the path to stellar citizenship. Middlebrook already had charges pending on unlawful possession of a firearm over the summer. The other guy had charges for elder abuse and property damage with intent to steal. Plus it looks like they both had several run-ins with MetroLink.

=============

10/25/16

A Thug Tried To Carjack An Armed Senior. Wanna Guess What Happened Next?

An elderly Oklahoma man passing through Sioux Falls (SD) was attacked by a man half his age who must have thought that a man 42 years his senior sitting in a car with the door open would be easy target for a carjacking.

He figured wrong.

“The driver’s door was cracked slightly. While they were in there, what ends up being our suspect came along and pulled open the door and started punching the man in the head. Telling him to get out. He was trying to take the car,” said Sioux Falls Police Officer, Sam Clemens.

What the suspect didn’t know was the 71-year-old man he was was hitting over the head was carrying a concealed weapon. The Oklahoma man sitting with his wife took a 38 caliber handgun out of his pocket and shot the suspect twice.

“There’s some type of reciprocity so if you’re issued a concealed weapons permit in another state, as long as there’s that agreement between the states, then you’re allowed to carry concealed in a different state,” said Clemens.

The carjacking suspect, 34-year-old Edward Leblanc of Bismark, was found near McDonald’s on West 41st Street. He will most likely face charges of robbery and simple assault, once he’s released from the hospital.

==========================

10/9/16

South Carolina 14 year old school shooter stopped by concealed carry gun owner...

Townville, SC School Shooter Was Taken Down By Armed Citizen

It turns out that volunteer firefighter Jamie Brock was in fact armed with a handgun when he took down the teenager who murdered his father and then went of a shooting spree at Townville Elementary School.

A firefighter who had been reported to be unarmed when he took down a 14-year-old accused in a school shooting was actually carrying a handgun, the sheriff revealed Monday.

Jamie Brock, 30-year veteran volunteer firefighter, confronted J___ O___*, who is accused of killing his father and a first-grader and wounding a teacher and another 6-year-old on Wednesday.

Brock was the first to reach Townville Elementary School Wednesday afternoon after Osborne opened fire on the playground, authorities said.

Fire Chief Billy McAdams said he and Brock were at his nearby farm when they heard the call about the shooting, and they raced to the school, getting there before deputies.

The Townville Volunteer Fire Department is just down the road from the school. Brock got to the elementary school moments before other officers could respond to a 911 call.

By the time Brock reached the playground, first-grade teacher Meghan Hollingsworth and Jacob Hall and another boy had been wounded.

McAdams said Brock took the shooter down, and he did not mention the gun.

========================
9/21/16

Woman Kills One of Three Home Invasion Suspects in Gun Battle

On Friday, a woman in Gwinnett County, Georgia, opened fire on three home invasion suspects who woke her from sleep by kicking in her door around 4 a.m.
One of the three home invasion suspects was killed during the exchange of fire. The other two fled the scene.

According to WSBTV, the woman and a man were in bed when they heard the sound of people kicking their way into the home. The woman grabbed her gun and confronted the invasion suspects, exchanging gunfire with at least one of them. Police said 28-year-old Antonia Leeks was shot and killed in the gun battle.

The woman owns a restaurant, and police believe this drew attention to her and ultimately led to the home invasion/attempted robbery. Gwinnett County police Cpl. Deon Washington said, “This is a very harrowing experience for anyone to endure. She’s shaken. It’s a very difficult experience for anyone to deal with.”

================================
9/16/16

Pastor's wife shoots suspect during robbery in NE Philadelphia
The pastor was hit in the head with the rifle by the bandit.

His wife then pulled out a gun, she was licensed to carry, and shot the suspect in the leg, police say.

Pastor Robert Cook describes the moment his wife shot the suspect.

"And I turned like I was going to get my wallet, but I was stalling. And he hit me in the head with the gun. He swung it like a baseball bat.
And everything was like lightning for a minute. And then I heard my wife saying, drop the gun, drop the gun. I'm like she's got her gun. He turns towards her, and I said, shoot him, shoot him. And she shot him."

The suspect ran off bleeding from the scene, jumped onto the running board of a passing SUV while tossing the rifle.
Police put out description of that man, and a few minutes later, he was spotted near Frankford Hospital.

=================================
9/12/16

1 dead, 2 critically injured after shooting at Kansas Walmart

One person was dead and two others were critically injured after a shooting at a Walmart in Kansas on Sunday, police said.

Shawnee police spokesman Dan Tennis said In a news release that the incident occurred shortly before 1:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m. ET) at a Walmart southwest of Kansas City.

As a woman was placing her infant in a car seat in the store's parking lot, Tennis said, two suspects struck her in the back of the head with an unspecified object.

Tennis said a good Samaritan was shot repeatedly after trying to help her. A second good Samaritan then intervened, Tennis said, shooting and killing one of the suspects.

The second suspect fled and was apprehended by a K-9 team near the store, Tennis said.

Both victims remained hospitalized in critical condition, he said.
-----------------------------------------------------
Four People, Dog Stabbed During Buffalo Grove Home Invasion

CHICAGO (CBS) — Four people and their family dog were stabbed early Wednesday, when two masked men broke into their home in north suburban Buffalo Grove.

Police said the homeowner grabbed a handgun during the home invasion, and opened fire, chasing off the suspects.

Just after midnight, police responded to a home invasion in the 400 block of St. Marys Parkway, and found several windows had been broken, and the front door had been forced open. Officers discovered a bloody scene inside.

Witnesses told police that two masked attackers had broken in, and a man armed with a large hunting knife repeatedly stabbed the 49-year-old homeowner. Three other people and the family’s German Shepherd also were stabbed.

During the struggle, the homeowner retrieved a handgun, and opened fire, causing the attackers to run away.

“It’s pretty shocking,” neighbor Bob Meyer said. “This neighborhood is very, very quiet. We’ve lived here for 30-plus years, and this stuff just doesn’t happen here; just doesn’t happen.”

==========
Mom-to-be shoots intruder with her pink pistol

A man is recovering from a gunshot wound after he broke into a Birmingham home early Friday morning and came face-to-face with a pregnant woman who was ready to protect herself and her baby.

Marquita Turner said she heard the suspect remove the air conditioning unit from a side window around 2:20 a.m. Once the unit was out, the suspect climbed right inside, but he likely wasn’t expecting to meet Turner with her pink Taurus Millennium 9mm.

“I grabbed my gun when I woke up. And I walked out of the door and I saw them, the guy in the hallway … he was kind of close to me so I shot and he fell,” Turner told reporters with alocal NBC affiliate.

Turner said she fired two or three rounds and struck the intruder once, then turned on the lights and called the police. Once they arrived, the suspect was taken to the hospital for treatment. He was expected to survive.

Turner, who is currently five months pregnant, said she purchased her gun two years ago for protection, but she’s never been to the range or otherwise had any type of training or target practice. Still, she’s glad she had the means to protect herself when she needed to. She said she doesn’t know what could have happened had she not be able to protect herself and her unborn baby.

===============
With a Gun to her Head, This Woman Knew How to Level the Playing Field (and her assailant)

Police in Glendale, AZ said it was in the early morning hours on Monday when 23-year-old Carol Miracle stopped in at a Circle K convenience store at 59th Avenue and Camelback Road and encountered a violent armed robber.

When police responded to a call of shots fired at approximately 1 a.m., witnesses at the scene said they saw 27-year-old Frank Taylor holding a gun to Carol’s head in an apparent armed robbery.

But even with a gun to her head, the young woman knew how to level the playing field with her assailant, and was well equipped to do so.

As Taylor held the barrel to her skull, Carol reached for her own gun holstered at her hip. She drew her weapon and took aim, firing one shot to end the attack.

Taylor was transported to a nearby hospital where he died from his injuries.

Police said Carol also called 9-1-1 to report the shooting from her home, which is in walking distance from the convenience store, and told police she was in fear for her life.

========
Kentucky Man Wins Knock-Knock Game With Armed Robbers

A homeowner in Booneville, KY said he did what he had to in order to protect himself and his sleeping wife Tuesday morning when a group of home invaders knocked on his door and pulled a gun on him.

When James Stewart heard a knock at his door at 5 a.m., he armed himself with his pistol ‘just in case something went wrong’ before opening it to the woman outside who was asking for help. When he opened the door, his hunch was right – the woman was not alone.

Police said when Stewart opened the door, 42-year-old Charles Harris jumped out and pointed a gun right at the elderly homeowner’s head.

“I had my pistol in my hand, up and four shots. He fell to the ground and never moved,” said Stewart.

Harris was pronounced dead at the scene.

The woman who knocked on Stewart’s door was also shot in the arm. She managed to make it to their getaway car and the driver brought the woman, identified as 36-year-old Linda Peters, to a local hospital where she is being treated for her injuries.

Last edited:

Criminals steal guns.....criminals with children are careless with their guns.........British criminals get guns as well.....you can't stop them.....

Meanwhile...1.1 million Americans use their legal guns to save lives...

And in a country with over 330 million people, and 72 million Children....how many children died in gun accidents in 2018? 54.

How many died in car accident?

Fatal Injury and Violence Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Guns......54

Motor vehicle..... 2,456

Total Cars: 1,261

Suffocation: 1,162

Drowning: 698

Poisoning: 66

Traffic: 2,456

Guns: 54

Under age drinking:

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

And more......

Man Armed With a Handgun Saves Cop Who Was Pinned to the Ground By Suspect - Inside Edition

Wheeler said he was being attacked by a homeless man who later acknowledged to officers that he was high on crystal meth. Knocked to the ground and fighting to subdue the “very irritated and out of sorts” attacker, Wheeler ended up on his back with the man straddling him.

“I’ve never been in that situation before,” the 14-year department veteran told InsideEdition.com Wednesday. “I’ve always been able to take control of a situation.”

Earlier this week, Wheeler was able to reward Dylan DeBoard, the man who saved him, with the city’s Citizen’s Award of Valor. Every day, he remembers that day last year when things could have turned out far, far worse.

He often stops by DeBoard’s home, Wheeler said, just to say thanks. “Every time I see him I let him know how much I appreciate what he did.”

On that day last year, Wheeler’s shoulder microphone had been ripped off in the tussle, so he couldn’t call for back-up. And then the man started going for Wheeler’s gun. And that’s when Wheeler began to think he was running out of options.

“I pulled him in close to me to try to restrict his range of motion,” Wheeler said. But the suspect just kept “trying to reach my belt.”

And right about then, the man sat back and put his hands up. Wheeler wondered ‘What the …?’

He lifted his head and looked in the direction the man was staring. There stood another man, with a gun.

“I didn’t know if he was pointing at me or him,” Wheeler said, meaning the man sitting on him. That’s when DeBoard announced he had a concealed weapon permit.

While the suspect was distracted, Wheeler managed to flip him over and handcuff him.
=============

Yes....this woman wakes up at 6.am. to be pistol whipped by 3 armed home invaders.....while her 2 children are sleeping. She manages to get to her pistol and shoots the a******s and they run. She manages to hit at least one them who apparently assumed room temperature.

Too bad she had that gun. Now that poor, violent sociopath was killed. It is really a shame when 3 gun toting, violent sociopaths can't enter a home at 6 a.m., pistol whip the woman in the home, and who knows what else they planned, and without getting shot at. Something really needs to be done....she should never have had that gun in the first place...I am sure had she not had that gun.....and other than the pistol whipping, these 3 violent sociopaths meant her no harm.....er.....other than the pistol whipping......

What kind of country do we live in when even violent sociopaths aren't safe from gun violence....?

DGU of the Day: Trotwood Ohio Woman Defeats Three Home Invaders - The Truth About Guns

Three men break into a home in Trotwood, Ohio. [Click here to watch the video.] They’re all armed. It is before 6 am, just three days after Christmas. One of the men is armed with a Tec-9 pistol. He enters last. The other two hold what appear to be conventional semi-auto pistols. They bypass two sleeping children to find the mother. The surveillance video shows the three following the mother after they pistol whipped her in the laundry room.

The man directly behind her has the Tec-9. Presumably holds her at gunpoint while the other two attempt to drag off a safe, in a room with two more children. While the two men are occupied with the safe, the woman breaks free from her captor, accesses a hidden pistol, and starts to fire.

All three run, but the Tec-9 gunman, Azikiwe Presley, is mortally wounded. His body is found 100 yards from the house. From wdtn.com:

“I got my gun and I started shooting and they ran,” the female caller told dispatchers. “They all three had guns, I’m confused … they must not have had bullets because after I pulled the trigger they just took off, instead of firing back. I don’t know if I hit one or not, I don’t see blood anywhere.”

In this case, the recipient of female dedication to protecting innocent life ran a hundred yards and died. It is not uncommon for a man who is fatally shot to run that far, even with a heart/lung shot. As he was likely the one holding the woman at gunpoint, and the closest, greatest, threat with the Tec-9, it is not surprising that he drew the lethal ticket. Whether through choice or happenstance, the mother made the right tactical decision.
Now....here is the thing.....the gun grabbers on U.S. will first tell us that this never happens.

Next they will tell us that the defender with a gun will never be able to actually use the gun because they aren't Navy Seals.

Next they will say, there is no way a good woman with a gun will ever win because she will be easily disarmed.

So......3 men with guns grab a woman with the element of surprise. They hit her, probably injuring her. She manages to get her gun and shoot the three of them out of her house killing one of the a******s in the process.........and I didn't see anywhere in the article where she was the first woman Navy Seal.

===========

Rifle-Wielding North Carolina Teen Scares Off Home Invaders: Defensive Gun Use of the Day - The Truth About Guns

Kirk Puckett, a spokesperson for the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office, said two sisters, 12 and 13, were inside the home when they heard knocking on the front door.

Puckett said when they looked outside, they saw three unfamiliar men. He said the older sister grabbed her dad’s rifle.

The suspects then broke in through the back door. Puckett said the 13-year-old pointed the rifle at them, causing them to run away without taking anything.

Neighbors praise the teen for her quick thinking.

“I am in awe of that young lady,” Jackie Garrison said. “To have had that kind of thoughtfulness going on in a time of crisis in her head to where that’s what she did, instead of running and hiding. She probably stopped something major from going on.”

At the risk of losing my PC credentials, Ms. Garrison ain’t whistlin’ Dixie. Three men breaking into a home with two teenage girls is a recipe for unthinkable atrocity. Only it isthinkable — by anyone who understands the value of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Including teaching their children how to react in an emergency.

=======

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/3252...fire-exchanged-between-pokemon-players-robber

Two people were wounded Monday morning after an exchange of gunfire involving a group of Pokemon Go players at a northeast Las Vegas park.
According to Lt. David Gordon, of Las Vegas Metro police, a call of the incident came in at 4:02 a.m. at Gary Reese Freedom Park in the 800 block of North Mojave Road.
Six people were playing Pokemon Go at the park when a person in a vehicle pulled up on the group and attempted to rob them, Gordon said. One of the Pokemon Go players, though, pulled out his own weapon and exchanged fire with the other gunman.
The armed Pokemon Go player was wounded in the incident and was transported to a nearby hospital. The person believed to be the attempted robber was dropped off at a medical facility with a wound of his own.
===============
Elderly homeowner foils attempted break in, shoots, kills would-be intruder in San Antonio

SAN ANTONIO — A man in his late 70s who shot and killed a would-be intruder Thursday morning on the Northwest Side is not expected to face charges at this time, police said.

Authorities arrived at the 9700 block of Autumn Dew around 10 a.m. after the homeowner and his wife, who is in her late 60s, called police to report that a man was attempting to break into their home.

SAPD spokesperson Douglas Greene said the elderly man pleaded with the attempted intruder to stop his efforts to get into the couple's home, but the man continued to force his way into the home, eventually breaking the door handle.

That's when Greene said the homeowner fired his revolver at the door, striking the man, who is in his 40s, in the chest.

=====================
Pistol vs ak-47

Waffle House Customer Shoots Robber Carrying AK-47

A robber armed with an AK-47 assault weapon stormed a Texas Waffle House, only to be shot by a pistol-packing customer, police say.
A concerned customer and licensed handgun holder told police his wife was on her way to meet him at the establishment. Fearing that the armed robber could harm her, he told police that he confronted the gunman in the parking lot.
When the suspect turned to face the armed customer with his rifle pointing in the customer’s direction, the licensed handgun holder opened fire, shooting him several times, police said.

==========
another night club shooting...

Deputies: Man charged after opening fire, wounding several people at nightclub

LYMAN, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Deputies with Spartanburg County said a man faces multiple attempted murder charges after opening fire outside a nightclub early Sunday morning.

The shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. at Playoffz nightclub on Inman Road in Lyman.

Deputies said 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson pulled out a gun after getting into an argument with another man and fired several rounds toward a crowd that had gathered out in front of the club.

"His rounds struck 3 victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg," Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

Bobo said the man who shot Thompson has a valid concealed weapons permit, cooperated with investigators, and won’t be facing any charges.

"Thompson was still on the scene when deputies arrived, but the initial scene was chaotic," Bobo said. "It wasn’t until victims and witnesses were interviewed, and video from the scene was reviewed that Thompson was identified as the suspect."

Thompson was charged four counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, and unlawful carrying of a weapon.

----------------------

6/3/16

What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day | Fox News

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.

Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Without my gun, I would not be alive today.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.

------------

2aguy said:
There are over 19.4 million Americans who can legally carry guns in this country.....a country of over 330 million people.....spread out across a land mass the size of western europe.....

…and yet you keep arguing that these19.4 million people are responsible for almost halving the crime rate! Wow! Disband the police, the FBI and the Texas Rangers, you don’t need them any more, you have those 19.4 million “superheroes” with gunz!

and yet you keep arguing that these19.4 million people are responsible for almost halving the crime rate!

That is wrong, that is a lie......I have never stated that, even close to stating that.......you know I haven't so you lie, in order to hide what I have actually proven and shown....

I have shown that as more Americans own and carry guns, the gun murder rate did not go up....the gun crime rate did not go up....the violent crime rate did not go up....

That is what I have shown, even as you pointed out that around the world the crime rate went down.........trying to hide the fact that the crime rate in the U.S., in particular gun crime....went down faster......

Guns in the hands of normal people do not increase the gun crime rate........

Then...after that.....there are studies that show that as more people begin to carry guns for self defense, it changes the way criminals choose victims and even the types of crime they engage in.....

Two separate issues that you are trying to conflate because you are dishonest and can't win your arguments with facts, truth or reality.

And more....

80-Year-Old Shows Us That Age Is Just A Number, Taking Out Armed Robbers During Home Invasion – Concealed Nation

Preying upon the hospitality of strangers, police are alleging that 23-year-old Whitney Kabiru approached the door of an 80-year-old man’s home and asked for help. When the elderly man opened the door, two men attempted to rob him with a BB pistol, according to a press release from the Fairmont Police Department. And for those two men, they couldn’t have made a worse mistake.

As WBOY 12 News reports, by the time Fairmont police arrived at the scene, Larry Shaver, 28, was found dead in the road with a gunshot to his head and neck area. His accomplice, John Grossklaus, 28, was recovered across the street from where the attempted robbery took place with a bullet through his abdomen. After taking Grossklaus to the hospital for treatment for his gunshot wound, he was arraigned in a local magistrate’s court. The judge set his bond at $250,000.

---------------
4/16/16

Backseat Driver: Man Shoots his Kidnappers in Front Seat

When a man was kidnapped and stuffed into a backseat by two individuals in Nevada this week, they didn’t know he was equipped to shift their plan into park. Permanently.

After taking the man from his home, the kidnappers showed him they already had one of his store employees zip-tied in the backseat of their Nissan Altima. That’s when the man, who is reportedly a jeweler, then entered the car to appease the kidnappers. What they didn’t realize is that the man they were putting into the seat behind them had a concealed weapon.

During the car ride, as the men drove their hostages through a subdivision in Henderson, the man shot his kidnappers from the back seat, killing them both.
4/6/16 no shots fired story...

Armed Citizen Saves Security Officer from 'Tire Iron' Beating

An armed citizen intervened in a parking lot attack, saving a loss prevention officer from an impending “tire iron” assault at the hands of robbery suspects.

According to KVII, Amarillo police say that around 12:45 p.m. on April 3, 35-year-old Ricky Solis was in a Home Depot parking lot in Amarillo, Texas, when he “[took] power tools from the store and left without paying.”

A loss prevention officer reportedly cornered Solis in the parking lot, and a struggle ensued. Police say that during the struggle a second suspect began attacking the loss prevention officer and kicked him in the face.

The second suspect went to his vehicle, grabbed a “tire iron,” and returned, apparently planning to use the iron on the officer.

At that point, a citizen with a concealed carry permit intervened, stopping the attack and reportedly forcing Solis to comply long enough to allow the loss prevention officer to handcuff him and hold him until police arrived.

Solis was arrested for robbery, and the second suspect was able to flee the scene.
4/2/16

I believe the Thug Union Local 911 will be filing a grievance against the city for allowing victims to fight back....

Man Shoots, Kills Carjacker Near Goudy School Thursday

The men handed over their wallets and cash, Trainor said, but the robber then demanded their car.

One of the 23-year-old men then pulled out a gun and shot the robber multiple times, Trainor said. The alleged robber was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, she said.

According to Uptown Update, the man who killed the alleged robber was a former security guard with a concealed-carry permit.

And is anyone even remotely suprised by this little factoid......

The robber was on parole for an armed robbery conviction, police said.

3/24/16 1 vs. 5

Liquor Store Shootout After Attempted Armed Robbery in Denver

Just after 11 p.m. on Monday night, one Denver liquor store sounded more like a gun range than a fire water shop.

Five people entered the liquor store in an attempted robbery, but little did they know the clerk on duty wasn’t interested in being robbed or becoming a victim. He drew a weapon on the robbers and let them know he wasn’t going down without a fight.

“Shots were exchanged,” Sonny Jackson, DPD spokesman, said Tuesday morning.

Scared off by the return gunfire, the suspects took off, leaving one of their crew with a gunshot wound to the leg at Denver Health Medical Center. Police later speculated the wound may have been self-inflicted.

3/24/16

Mother Shoots Intruder 'Multiple Times' to Save Baby - Breitbart

An Indianapolis mother shot a man “multiple times” after he allegedly broke into the home through the window in the baby’s room.

According to CBS 4, family members said that around noon on March 24, the woman “heard the window get busted and she called her husband and said I think somebody’s breaking in the house.”

She grabbed her pistol and ran toward the sound of breaking glass, only to be confronted by the alleged intruder who shot at her, but missed.

The mother then opened fire and struck the suspect “multiple times.” He was transported to a hospital for treatment.

In addition to being armed, a 911 dispatcher said the suspect was “carrying zip ties and a walkie-talkie.”
-------------
3/22/16 3-4 thugs

14 year old girl who is shot, clears malfunction and shoots back

video in link...

14-Year-Old Girl Shot By Home Invaders, Shoots Back: Defensive Gun Use of the Day - The Truth About Guns

3/22/16
Woman vs. 3 thugs no shots fired

CCW IN ACTION: Armed 22-Year-Old Woman Stops Three Men Attempting To Rob Her In Store Parking Lot – Concealed Nation

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA — A concealed carrier successfully thwarted the efforts of three men to rob her late at night outside a Dollar Tree. According to police reports from the scene, the woman was exiting the Dollar Tree and heading to her car when she was approached by a man and asked to walk with him. When she refused, he point-blank told her he was going to rob her of her purse.

At this point, according to KOCO, she was presented by two other men backing up the first. She withdrew her concealed carry pistol from her purse and threatened to use it to protect herself. All three men quickly exited and fled the scene.
3/15/16

St. Paul Woman Stops Violent Attack on Husband by Drawing Her Gun

A St. Paul, Minnesota man was brutally assaulted by a gang of 15 to 30 young men who were gambling in his driveway as he returned from work.

32-year-old Bruce Chang says when he tried to clear the group to gain access to his driveway, they began to assault him, even throwing rocks and jabbing sticks at his face and torso.

“I didn’t know I was stabbed but I felt the pressure and fell to one knee,” he said. “I immediately pushed off, because you got to survive.”

Although Chang had obtained his firearms permit for personal protection years ago, he is not allowed to carry at his workplace and says that’s why he did not have his weapon on him when he returned home that day.

Fortunately for him, his wife also has a permit. She was able to run outside and draw her gun – scaring off the gang and ending her husband’s violent attack.

“With one of my older neighbors, who knows what would have happened,” Chang said.
3/13/16

Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.
Mount Vernon Man Fends Off Three Attackers With Concealed Firearm, Killing One – Concealed Nation

According to police and witness accounts, the concealed carrier was out on the street testing out a wireless signal booster when he noticed a black Chevy Cavalier slowly making its way down the block. It passed him and then stopped and let out a 22-year-old passenger armed with what appeared to be a shotgun. The armed suspect approached the concealed carrier. This is when the concealed carrier did the right thing and let the suspect know to stay away. When he didn’t comply, there was little choice left but to open fire. Because it was around 11 pm, it was not immediately apparent whether or not the bullet struck his attacker but the attacker quickly ran and got into the car.

According to Skagit Breaking News, Police were later called to the assailant’s home where he was found dead a half a mile away from where the incident occurred.

The driver and those in the vehicle were also found because of the swift work and coordination between witnesses in the area and the concealed carrier. They quickly and accurately reported information to the police which was then used to trace a list of likely suspects.

WRONG GUY: Armed Robber Killed After Targeting Concealed Carrier

An armed robber In Brooklyn Park—a northwestern suburb of Minneapolis–Saint Paul—chose the wrong person to attempt to rob Monday night, and instead of getting away with cash or jewelry, only collected lead.

Brooklyn Park Police say it appears a man who was fatally shot Monday night was attempting to rob someone who was legally carrying a gun.

Assistant Chief Mark Bruley says the preliminary investigation into the fatal shooting indicates that the man who was killed on the 7500 block of Imperial Drive targeted an individual who had a valid permit to carry a handgun as his victim. Witnesses say there was an exchange of gunfire, and the alleged robber was killed.

Information on the shooting is sketchy, but if this went down like so many recent defensive gun uses have, then the robber probably thought that he had the situation well in hand when he pulled his gun, and more than likely was stunned when the “victim” pulled a legally-concealed handgun. It’s not known from this account who fired first, but it is clear that the concealed carrier put effective rounds on target, while the bad guy didn’t.

There were witnesses to the shootout who apparently corroborate the concealed carrier’s version of events, and it does not look like the investigation will result in charges.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/QUOTE]

Police: Concealed Permit Holder Saves Officer Surrounded By Mob - Breitbart

On February 5, an armed citizen saved an Upper Darby police officer who was under assault and encircled by a mob of onlookers.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said “there is no doubt they would have attacked” the officer without the armed citizen’s intervention.

According to Philly.com, the officer was breaking up a fight between two Upper Darby High School students–after school had let out for the day–and one of the students jumped the officer. Superintendent Chitwood said, “As he breaks up the fight, he takes one kid and then the other jumps [on] him. Now he’s fighting two of them and he’s calling for an assist officer at the same time. There’s a crowd of 40 or 50 kids watching the fight, and they all move in towards the officer.”

An area resident with a concealed carry permit saw the officer struggling and the crowd closing in, so he grabbed his gun and ran to the officer’s defense. The resident ordered the kids to get away from the officer and kept them away until sufficient backup arrived. Chitwood said, “He had the gun in his hand, but he didn’t point it at the kids, he just told them to back off. If this guy didn’t come out and come to the aid of the officer, this officer would have had significant problems.”

The officer who was under attack suffered “significant hand injuries” and the first officer to respond to calls for backup “suffered a major injury to a leg when he was kicked by one of the teens in the fight.”
[/QUOTE]

Employee Stabbed At GM Warren Tech Center, Suspect In Custody

The women got into some kind of verbal dispute, Fouts said, during which the visitor pulled out a steak knife and violently stabbed the employee several times in the neck, abdomen and back.

A nearby valet driver, who also has a concealed pistol license, saw what was happening and rushed to the employee’s aid.

“He pulled the weapon out and stopped the attack from taking place,” said Fouts. “By then, this woman had been stabbed multiple times.”

The driver held the attacker on the ground at gunpoint as other GM workers called 911. Police quickly arrived on the scene and took the suspect into custody as the employee was rushed to the hospital.

She underwent surgery and was last reported in stable condition.
[/QUOTE]
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

CCW Permit Holder In CA Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With His Glock Until Police Arrive

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A pocket-carrying homeowner took matters into his own hands when he saw someone walking around inside his home as he was outside doing yard work.

That homeowner, who did not want to be identified, says he’s had his concealed carry permit for 50 years in California and it’s the first time he’s ever been forced to draw.

When police arrived, accompanied by helicopter with a good visual on the situation, they found the homeowner with his Glock trained on the suspect, 54-year-old Enrique Garza.

Police hailed the homeowner’s actions, saying it was a good thing his gun wasn’t sitting inside a safe, out of reach when needed most.

“If not for having a CCW, he probably wouldn’t have his gun on him, it probably would have been locked in a safe, and he wouldn’t have had access to it in order to hold this suspect accountable,” said Fresno County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tony Botti.

“You have to learn to be careful in this world, because there’s a lot of crazy people out there,” said the homeowner.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office mentioned that before the attacks in San Bernardino, concealed carry permits were issued in about one month. Now after the attacks, demand has skyrocketed, which has created a longer wait time of up to 10 months for permits to be issued.

--------
Yes....this woman wakes up at 6.am. to be pistol whipped by 3 armed home invaders.....while her 2 children are sleeping. She manages to get to her pistol and shoots the a******s and they run. She manages to hit at least one them who apparently assumed room temperature.

Too bad she had that gun. Now that poor, violent sociopath was killed. It is really a shame when 3 gun toting, violent sociopaths can't enter a home at 6 a.m., pistol whip the woman in the home, and who knows what else they planned, and without getting shot at. Something really needs to be done....she should never have had that gun in the first place...I am sure had she not had that gun.....and other than the pistol whipping, these 3 violent sociopaths meant her no harm.....er.....other than the pistol whipping......

What kind of country do we live in when even violent sociopaths aren't safe from gun violence....?

And more......

DGU of the Day: Trotwood Ohio Woman Defeats Three Home Invaders - The Truth About Guns

Three men break into a home in Trotwood, Ohio. [Click here to watch the video.] They’re all armed. It is before 6 am, just three days after Christmas. One of the men is armed with a Tec-9 pistol. He enters last. The other two hold what appear to be conventional semi-auto pistols. They bypass two sleeping children to find the mother. The surveillance video shows the three following the mother after they pistol whipped her in the laundry room.

The man directly behind her has the Tec-9. Presumably holds her at gunpoint while the other two attempt to drag off a safe, in a room with two more children. While the two men are occupied with the safe, the woman breaks free from her captor, accesses a hidden pistol, and starts to fire.

All three run, but the Tec-9 gunman, Azikiwe Presley, is mortally wounded. His body is found 100 yards from the house. From wdtn.com:

“I got my gun and I started shooting and they ran,” the female caller told dispatchers. “They all three had guns, I’m confused … they must not have had bullets because after I pulled the trigger they just took off, instead of firing back. I don’t know if I hit one or not, I don’t see blood anywhere.”

In this case, the recipient of female dedication to protecting innocent life ran a hundred yards and died. It is not uncommon for a man who is fatally shot to run that far, even with a heart/lung shot. As he was likely the one holding the woman at gunpoint, and the closest, greatest, threat with the Tec-9, it is not surprising that he drew the lethal ticket. Whether through choice or happenstance, the mother made the right tactical decision.

Now....here is the thing.....the gun grabbers on U.S. will first tell us that this never happens.

Next they will tell us that the defender with a gun will never be able to actually use the gun because they aren't Navy Seals.

Next they will say, there is no way a good woman with a gun will ever win because she will be easily disarmed.

So......3 men with guns grab a woman with the element of surprise. They hit her, probably injuring her. She manages to get her gun and shoot the three of them out of her house killing one of the a******s in the process.........and I didn't see anywhere in the article where she was the first woman Navy Seal.

Homeowner Stays Armed In The House — Finds Knife-Wielding Man Inside And It Turns Out Great!

WILLMAR, MINNESOTA — A Willmar homeowner returned home to find a man wielding a knife in the middle of his living room. Using his pistol, which he was licensed to carry, he held the suspect at gunpoint and called 911. During the encounter, he allowed the suspect to leave after putting his buck knife down. Police caught up to the suspect, 37-year-old by the name of Shane Fellers. He was found inside a vehicle being operated by an unknown woman. Both were taken into custody and, according to the West Central Tribune, Fellers was held on a $70,000 unconditional bail for first degree burglary and burglary with a dangerous weapon. He also allegedly supplied the police officer with an incorrect name when he was initially apprehended — tacking on an additional misdemeanor.**********************
Just saw this on the news....Predfan posted it in the firearms thread but this is about the owner of the store.....on the local news he thanked the new concealed carry law and the fact that his employee is a concealed carry permit holder.......I never thought I would see this in Chicago....

T-Mobile store employee shoots 2 armed robbery suspects near 95th, Jeffrey

The T-Mobile store in the 2000-block of East 95th St. was left riddled with bullet holes. If not for the employee carrying a weapon with a concealed carry license, the manager of the store says he might be telling a different story.

"I think concealed carry is a great opportunity for managers, workers, employees to protect themselves in these cases. And our employee did a great job to protect themselves and the other employee," said Neil Tadros, store manager.

He says two men entered the store and acted like they were shopping for phones for a few minutes, then pulled out guns.

One employee ran to the back to call for help while the other pulled out his own gun and fired at the two suspects. He hit one of them in the groin and the arm, and the other in the abdomen and the arm.

The men ran from the store with the employee chasing them, on the phone giving a description to police.

The suspects then drove to a nearby hospital where police took them into custody.

Neighbors say the cell phone store has been robbed several times in the last month. Ed Brown was working in the salon next door.

We need more of these stories and then the criminals will start breaking into stores when no one is in them...that way they won't get shot.....

--------------
Concealed Nation Fan Fends Off Three Home Invaders With M&P Shield

A father and son successfully fought off three home invaders in an early morning all-out fight for survival. Columbus police confirm that there was a home invasion in vicinity of 2:30 am where three suspected attackers kicked in the front door and immediately set to assaulting the son who was first to respond. Thankfully, his father was in the other room and able to flush out the attackers — using nothing less than his future everyday carry pistol, the M&P Shield.

“I come out and this one little one come tried to attack me and I took him out right away, one in the white shirt tried attacking me from the side, tried choking me and that kind of stuff,” says Shawn Howell, “Next thing you know he loses power and I jump up to get up and ready to start cleaning clocks but I just darted into my room… I come out and they were flying out the door so fast, I never seen anybody run so fast in my life… they knew what was coming,they knew I was going for a gun.”

According to both the victims’ testimony and police statements released through Channel 48 – Nebraska, the attackers fled before the future-concealed carrier could put bullets on target but he allegedly pursued them to their vehicle to “mark the truck”.

Both victims were transported to a nearby hospital where they were treated for superficial wounds sustained during the assault. Both the father and son were attending a concealed carry course to get their concealed carry permits and neither were expecting an attack of this magnitude to occur in their home.

---------

Burglars call 911 on themselves as homeowner holds them at gunpoint

A pair of men who were breaking into a Woodland, Washington, home Monday night got quite a scare when the owner of the house caught them redhanded.

Bill Lahti was surprised to find his home had been burglarized last week, partly because the home, which belonged to Lahti’s great-grandparents years ago and was handed down to him, isn’t exactly in an easy to get to location. The rural property has been dubbed by the Lahti family as “the hill,” and given the home’s history, Lahti was especially appalled at the break-in.

“I kept coming back periodically to check in,” Lahti told KATU. “So, Monday night, I roll up and there’s their truck backed up to the front door in the yard. (The) door was about – probably – four inches open. I could see the light through there. So, I came out there, jumped out of my truck, kicked the door open and there they were.”

Lahti told the two men to get down on their knees as he held them at gunpoint. He was going to call the police on them, but Lahti couldn’t get his phone to work. With his gun still trained on them, he instructed the crooks to make the call themselves. With few options, the suspects complied.

-----

Concealed Carrier Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With Her FNX .45

CLEVELAND, TENNESSEE — A woman successfully subdued a would-be burglar outside her home using her FNX .45. The suspect, James Jeffrey Dunn, was allegedly trying to break in through her front door late at night. She got her handgun and confronted the burglar, according to WRCB. Once at the doorway, she yelled through the door for him to stay put and not move. Moments later, she confronted him head-on — handgun drawn and ready to go.

via WRCB

“I tried to order him to stay right where he was at and I pointed the gun at him and I came running off the porch and I came within 10 feet of him and he laid the bicycle down and he crumpled on top of the bicycle,” she says.

She held him at gunpoint until Cleveland Police arrived and arrested Dunn, 35, on charges of aggravated burglary, theft, and burglary of a motor vehicle. Police note that Dunn had an arrest sheet tallying over 40 charges — the most recent being only 6 hours prior to his attempted burglary of this concealed carrier.

“We went over this when we got my concealed carry permit, these types of scenarios. But I had already put that gun up and ever taken it out since, you know?” she says. “Maybe to go the range once.”

When we talk about the new generation of concealed carriers, let’s take a good long look at the realities these people are facing: hardened, career criminals unafraid to bust through the door or do damage to private property and persons. It’s a good thing this woman had the proper training she needed and the right equipment.

---------------------------------

NRA-ILA | Armed homeowner scares off attacker, KTVA, Anchorage, Alaska 11/13/15

A homeowner was in their house in Anchorage, Alaska when they heard a knock at the door. The homeowner retrieved a gun and went to answer the door. Upon opening the door, an intruder pepper-sprayed the homeowner, prompting the homeowner to fire at the criminal. The attacker fled the scene. (KTVA, Anchorage, Alaska 11/13/15)

---------

NRA-ILA | Elderly couple fights off real monsters on Halloween, Helena-Arkansas.com, Helena, Ark. 11/01/15

An elderly couple were at home Halloween night, when the doorbell rang. Prepared to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, the wife opened the door to find four armed robbers, at least two of whom were armed with guns.

The robbers forced their way inside the home, where the husband was sitting in a recliner. Upon learning of the home invasion, the husband retrieved a gun and fired at the criminals, prompting the home invaders to flee. (Helena-Arkansas.com, Helena, Ark. 11/01/15)

And more.......

CCW Witness to Fatal Stabbing Holds Red-Handed Attacker at Gunpoint [VIDEO] - The Truth About Guns

The woman, 28-year-old Gabrielle Garcia, was with their five-year-old son at the time and had a standing no-contact order against the father. In full view of his own child as well as many witnesses, the man stabbed Garcia repeatedly, inflicting fatal injuries.

The man, identified as 29-year-old David Lee Morris, then walked out of the Seattle Center Armory (an indoor dining area) and into the street, still holding the knife and covered in blood. There, he was met by Scott Brown, who works at Skillet restaurant in Seattle Center. It was Brown’s day off, and he was dropping by to say hi to friends.

“I have a concealed weapons license,” said Brown. “[Morris] was just walking away calmly… I got next to him and I pulled out my gun and stepped in front of him. As soon as he saw that I had a firearm, he started trying to convince me to shoot him. He just kept trying to convince me to shoot him, and I didn’t want to shoot him.”

Brown did not end up having to shoot Morris (although, based on the video and witness reports, he would have had ample justification).

“Both of his hands were bloody… He was just walking toward the man with the gun,” said Eric DeAngelo, a bystander who recorded a video of the full takedown (see below). “Kept walking toward him. I don’t know what his intention was.”

Morris continued walking toward Brown, asking him to kill him, while Brown kept walking backwards, keeping Morris in his sights for several long minutes.

“I just kept trying to get him to put down the knife,” Brown recalled, “and we kept walking backwards and backwards and backwards. Way too long. I kept looking around for police, security… the point was to hold his focus. There were people everywhere.”

At last, another bystander helped subdue Morris with pepper spray until police arrived and took control. In DeAngelo’s video (around 1:45), you can see Brown looking visibly relieved as he finally puts down his gun.

5/18/18

Father Attacked at McDonald's While Holding Infant Daughter, Shoots One of Four Suspects

A father who was attacked in Memphis, Tennessee, McDonald’s while holding his infant daughter was able to get his gun and open fire, wounding one of the four attackers.
WREG quotes police saying “four suspects attempted to rob the victim at the McDonald’s in the 1400 block of South Trezevant near Lamar and Airways.” A witness described a scene in which the suspects tried to catch the father while he was too busy to fight back.

Witness David Chase said, “They jumped out of the car and they started fighting him and trying to take his wallet and stuff.” He added, “He was fighting them. He dropped his baby and started fighting them and the child was just sitting on the concrete.”

Chase then heard gunshots rang out and the suspects fled the scene. It was later learned that the father had managed to get to his gun and fire the shots, wounding one of the suspects.

ActionNews5 reports that the wounded suspect “showed up later at a nearby fire department” for treatment. His was taken to a hospital in “non-critical condition.”
========

4/5/18

Armed South Carolina Woman Chases Off Daytime Home Invader - The Truth About Guns

When Ms. Reeves ran across Ralph Goss slithering around inside her home yesterday in the middle of the afternoon, she drew her firearm. Staring down that barrel was enough to change Goss’s mind about whatever it was he had planned.

“I’m one of those people that can go from zero to a hundred in 2.5 seconds and I’m not a nice person normally, but as soon as I got on the phone with the sheriff’s department he was out of sight. The severity of it hit me, and I was in hysterics. I was crying, I was scared, I was very shaken.”

Oconee County deputies tracked Goss down within hours of Ms. Reeves’ call. And surprise! He already had several outstanding warrants for his arrest.
===============

3/28/17

CWB Chicago: River North: Motorist With Concealed-Carry Saves Victim From 3-On-1 Beat-Down And Robbery

An armed suburban man with a concealed-carry license intervened in a 3-on-1 beating and robbery in River North yesterday evening, according to a witness and police.

The victim was in the 700 block of North Clark around 8:30 p.m. when three offenders wearing white surgical masks attacked him and began taking his property, police said.

A passing motorist who saw the robbery unfold pulled over, unholstered his concealed firearm and intervened in the attack. The three offenders fled westbound on Chicago Avenue as the concealed-carry holder protected the victim, according to a witness.

The driver, who lives in Mt. Prospect, returned to his vehicle and drove away after stabilizing the situation, a witness reported.

The victim lost his phone to the robbers who were described as two black men and one black woman wearing surgical masks. One of the offenders wore a red jacket and the others wore dark clothing.
==================

Not charged for self defense shooting..

Milwaukee concealed carrier who killed carjacker acted in self defense

Milwaukee authorities decided not to press charges against the 24-year-old man who shot and killed a carjacker last month, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Prosecutors said the man, whose name has not been released, “lawfully acted in self defense” when he killed Carlos D. Martin, 21.

Martin, armed with a gun, tried to carjack the victim who was heading into work around 6 am on Feb. 26, according to a police statement. But the victim opened fire, striking and killing Martin.

The victim, who has a valid concealed carry license, remained on scene and cooperated with police. Martin was a felon and legally barred from possessing a gun.

“Before the summer starts, this should be a warning,” said Milwaukee police Capt. Andra Williams at a press conference last month. “This should be a wake-up call to everyone in the community that this is not a game.”

2/24/18

Video of shooting...

‘Not Going To Be Victims’: Watch Mother-Daughter Pair Use Guns To Defend Liquor Store

======

2/20/18

Good Guy With A Gun Saves Mother And Daughter Who Were Being Attacked

Law enforcement officials in New Mexico are praising a man who stepped in to save a mother and her daughter after the woman’s estranged husband rammed her car and began shooting at them.

Albuquerque Police say that 66-year-old Qian Ming intentionally crashed into the woman’s vehicle on Sunday and then opened fire, hitting his daughter in the shoulder, KRQE News 13reported.

Officer Simon Drobik says that a 34-year-old good Samaritan, who is not being named since he has not been charged with a crime, saw the attack unfold and intervened.

“Once he started walking up, he saw that there was a male violently pistol-whipping a female in the street,” Drobik said. “He got out of his vehicle and had his firearm on him and told that male to stop.”

Upon telling Ming to stop, the good Samaritan told police that he pointed the gun in his direction and that’s when he opened fire on Ming, hitting and killing him.

“Mom in the hospital said, ‘He saved our lives’,” Drobik continued. “You can’t get a stronger statement than that. So she knew it. Daughter knows it and good thing he took that type of action.”
=============

2/19/18

Homeowner shoots at drive-by suspects, killing 2

Two people are dead and one is in the hospital after a homeowner fired back during a shooting in North Houston.

Investigators say early Saturday morning a suspect vehicle drove up to the homeowner's house on Glenburnie Drive and started shooting.

The homeowner was outside at the time and he hid behind a bush in the yard and returned fire. Officers say more than 40 shots were fired in the exchange.
============

'He was crazed,' said driver caught in deadly highway shooting in Fridley

The man who rammed into the back of Irvine Doyle’s truck repeatedly stabbed at his driver’s-side window with a six-inch blade knife, all the time yelling and ranting.

That’s when Doyle saw another man approach with a gun, pointing it down toward the ground, telling the man with the knife to calm down.

“I said, ‘Thank God somebody’s here because the cops aren’t here yet,” Doyle recalled.

In an interview Friday, Doyle filled out the picture of the chaotic scene on Hwy. 65 near Medtronic Parkway on Wednesday after Simon Schiffler, 33, of Williston, N.D., set off a chain-reaction crash at a red light.

Schiffler, the man with the knife, was beyond erratic, Doyle said.

The man with gun told Schiffler to relax, Doyle said. Instead, Schiffler charged, “his knife flailing,” Doyle said.

Three shots rang out and Schiffler dropped to the ground, bleeding, Doyle said. Schiffler was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he died.

A family is likely grieving over his death, Doyle said. But he and others feared for their lives.

=================

======2/9/18

Armed Robbers Walked Into A Store — Then Cashier Pulled Out His Pistol And Showed Them The Door

he video shows the two men approach the cashier and point a rifle straight in his face. Not missing a beat, the cashier draws his own weapon and shoots at the two men. It’s unclear if he hits anyone.
The criminals flee the scene, dropping their gun as they run outside. Police then say the criminals drove away in a silver vehicle.
=========
2/3/18

Concealed Carry holder holds robbery suspect at gunpoint

A Grayson County man is behind bars after allegedly breaking into a residence in Edmonson County.

The Edmonson County Sheriff's Office says 20-year-old Robert Hunt was held at gunpoint by the homeowner until deputies arrived to the house on E.G. Nash Road.

The homeowner was a Concealed/Carry Deadly Weapons permit holder according to a sheriff's deputy that says in situations like that, it's important to alert police to ensure everyone's safety.

"Once you call police, if you're actually going to hold that suspect at gun point you need to let dispatch know. Go ahead and give a description of yourself, so we know once we get on scene who the actual conceal carry holder is and who actualy is the suspect," said Deputy Jordan Jones with the Edmonson County Sheriff's Office.
============

1/14/18

How many actual lives are saved annually by armed Americans?

Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

In the K-G article Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun, 15.7 percent of people who had a DGU reckoned they almost certainly saved a life. Ignoring the ‘probably’ and ‘might have’ saved a life categories for simplicity, 15.7 percent of 1.88 million gives us 295,160 lives saved annually.

Hey....dumb shit....you didn't even read the fucking article.......

The 12 and 14 year olds? Likely gang member, at least criminals of one kind.........they stole the pickup truck, you moron....

Police identified the two killed as 12-year-old Abdiwahab Adan, who was driving a stolen pickup truck that crashed, and 14-year-old Donquez Abernathy, who was a passenger.

Two other passengers — a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy — were also shot, police said. Both were being treated at Vanderbilt University Medical Center for gunshot wounds, but it's not clear how severe their injuries were.

The 16-year-old boy is suspected of being the shooter, police said.

Forum List

Back