Shocker Sotomayor blocks manadatory Birth Control

Justice delays health law's birth control mandate - New York News

The Supreme Court has thrown a hitch into President Barack Obama's new health care law by blocking a requirement that some religion-affiliated organizations provide health insurance that includes birth control.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor decided late Tuesday night to block implementation of the contraceptive coverage requirement, only hours before portions of the law would have gone into effect on New Year's Day.

Sotomayor acted on a request from an organization of Catholic nuns in Denver, the Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged. Its request for an emergency stay had been denied earlier in the day by a federal appeals court.

Sotomayor gave government officials until 10 a.m. EST Friday to respond to her order.

Last edited:
bout time the liberal hag did something right, prolly pressure from her Porto Rican Catholic Family.

One thing, on further consideration, nothing Liberals do is as it seems when it is something Conservatives like.

I have to wonder what kind of plan she and Obama have hatched here.

One thing, on further consideration, nothing Liberals do is as it seems when it is something Conservatives like.

there is no plan. the mandate is such a clear violation of the Constitution that even flaming leftards have to acknowledge it - if they are Supreme Court justices.

doesn't mean that they won't try to sneak around something.

there is no plan. the mandate is such a clear violation of the Constitution that even flaming leftards have to acknowledge it - if they are Supreme Court justices.

Remember, this is the same woman who said that Whites couldn't be discriminated against. Nothing is "clear" when it comes to Liberals.

Remember, this is the same woman who said that Whites couldn't be discriminated against. Nothing is "clear" when it comes to Liberals.

no, this is clear. the Amendment in question can go both ways - and voting in favor of it they are actually protecting themselves.

Sandra Fluke is pulling her hair out bout now

Supreme Court Justices are always full of surprises. Glad to see that she stuck with her mission to interpret the law and not make laws from behind the Bench. That is a dangerous, slippery slope.

Her reasons I bet are normally grounded in the 1st and the 14th Amendments, which means the Utah request for a stay against same sex marriage may be denied, since she supervises the 10th Circuit Court.

Forum List

Back