Sherman Blasts Goodell

You think the commissioner is going to lean on the officials to penalize the Hawks? They do enough of that on their own. Goodell isn't that stupid, a whiff of that kind of scandal would hurt football big time.

Sherman is a very smart and highly educated guy. He speaks his mind, the polar opposite of Lynch and I think he knows the NFL knows which side their bread is buttered on.

I'm gonna have a shot every time the 'Hawks lose a 1st down due to being penalized, and the Pats gain a 1st down due to a Seattle penalty. I expect to be blitzed by the end of the game...........

You think the commissioner is going to lean on the officials to penalize the Hawks? They do enough of that on their own. Goodell isn't that stupid, a whiff of that kind of scandal would hurt football big time.

Sherman is a very smart and highly educated guy. He speaks his mind, the polar opposite of Lynch and I think he knows the NFL knows which side their bread is buttered on.

You're under the delusion that the NFL has integrity or sumthin'.......

I'm gonna have a shot every time the 'Hawks lose a 1st down due to being penalized, and the Pats gain a 1st down due to a Seattle penalty. I expect to be blitzed by the end of the game...........

Well the Seahawks are like 6-0 or 6-1 (something like that) in games officiated by the head referee. However, three of the officials for XLIV officiated in Super Bowl XL including Bob Wagoneer who threw flag after flag on the Seahawks that day (which also led the NFL to create the rule that an official can not come from the home town of a team playing in the game - Wagoneer is from Pittsburgh). So...here's hoping there is not a repeat of Super Bowl XL with those three officials or you may indeed be blitzed by halftime

When is Seattle going to quit crying about the Super Bowl they lost. I don't know any bunch of fans that whine so much about one game, get over it.

When is Seattle going to quit crying about the Super Bowl they lost. I don't know any bunch of fans that whine so much about one game, get over it.

I wasn't whining about it. Someone mentioned the officiating, and I made mention that three of the officials have a bad history with Seattle and one doesn't. Make of it what you will. Trust me I don't go to bed at night wiping away tears about Super Bowl XL. Everyone knows what it was. It was 10 years ago...whatever

As much as I love football I'm losing interest fast due to the shady manner in which the games are officiated.
It's become painfully obvious the NFL has an agenda.

What is there agenda?

Isnt it obvious? They want the teams with the biggest markets and the teams with the highest profile players to up viewership.
It really shows when you talk about QBs,some you cant touch,others can get the shit knocked out of em.

As much as I love football I'm losing interest fast due to the shady manner in which the games are officiated.

What is there agenda?

Isnt it obvious? They want the teams with the biggest markets and the teams with the highest profile players to up viewership.
It really shows when you talk about QBs,some you cant touch,others can get the shit knocked out of em.

Well I am not so sure it's viewership as much as merchandising. I remember listening to sports radio prior to one Super Bowl and a representative from Nike, or Champion (some apparel company - I don't recall exactly which one it was) was on the air talking about how much they hoped one team would win because they would make several millions of dollars more in merchandising. Even the hosts of the show were saying how shocked they were that he was saying that on the air.

I would like to hope that things are not fixed...sometimes it seems like the WWNFL...honestly I doubt it is, but I suppose it's always possible. I do think some teams get more "benefits of the doubt" than others and Goodell's credibility on multiple issues is justifiably under scrutiny right now

What is there agenda?

Well I am not so sure it's viewership as much as merchandising. I remember listening to sports radio prior to one Super Bowl and a representative from Nike, or Champion (some apparel company - I don't recall exactly which one it was) was on the air talking about how much they hoped one team would win because they would make several millions of dollars more in merchandising. Even the hosts of the show were saying how shocked they were that he was saying that on the air.

I would like to hope that things are not fixed...sometimes it seems like the WWNFL...honestly I doubt it is, but I suppose it's always possible. I do think some teams get more "benefits of the doubt" than others and Goodell's credibility on multiple issues is justifiably under scrutiny right now

I've been watching football for around forty years now and I see more and more questionable calls every year.
Everything from no calls to late whistles have increased dramatically over the years.
The problem is the money involved.

In regards to Sherman's comments on Goodell, I don't blame him. I can't believe he said it but I don't blame him. I do think that if it was Marshawn Lynch or Richard Sherman that was being accused of deflating footballs that justice would be swift and harsh especially from the media and the public. I would guess that very few people in the public would give them any benefit of the doubt, so I think there is some bias there either by team (Patriots getting more of a benefit of the doubt) or by race (a golden ass white boy being accused instead of a dreadlock wearing black man)

it all started with the worst call in NFL playoff history,that bullshit tuck rule and its just gotten much worse since then.funny who the team was that benefitted from that BS non fumble call.

Not a smart thing to do at the beginning of SuperBowl Week. Looks like tons of penalties are sure to be called against the Seahawks. Thanks Richard! Patriots win by 14 pts. .............

Richard Sherman calls out Goodell Kraft for conflict of interest NFL Sporting News
sherman is telling it like it is.It all makes sense now.,i said a while back a few days ago that Belicheat has special connections since eddie D former owner of the niners was involved in a scandal and he lost ownership of the team yet beli CHEAT, cheats and he just gets a mere slap on the wrist.such bullshit.No suprise though that Belicheat got just a mere slap on the wrist back then.Look who the commissioner was.Krafts buddie Goodell.

the NFL will become an even bigger joke than it has since the 80's when teams started moving all over the place and dome stadiums propped up everywhere if goodell is allowed to come back next year.

exactly.good point.

it all started with the worst call in NFL playoff history,that bullshit tuck rule and its just gotten much worse since then.funny who the team was that benefitted from that BS non fumble call.

There were at least two incidents in the playoffs this year that were a joke.
The picked up pass interference flag and the refs not blowing the whistle when the runner was stopped allowing them to finally push the pile for a first down.

This shits starting to remind me of the NBA.

Forum List

Back