she takes off with son to prevent his circumcision

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i know this topic has been beat to death....no pun intended......but this is a new spin...she has hidden her son who she agreed to circumcise in a parenting agreement with the father....

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A woman who fled with her son while fighting to prevent his circumcision will face imprisonment if she doesn't return and allow the surgery to proceed, a judge ruled Friday.

In a stinging rebuke of the mother, Heather Hironimus, Circuit Judge Jeffrey Gillen said she had successfully dragged out a legal battle and was "reprehensible" for going missing with the boy and for conduct that has put the 4-year-old in a public spotlight "making him an object of curiosity and worse." He found her in contempt and demanded she appear in court Tuesday with the child or he would command police to find her.

She will only avoid jail on the contempt charge, Gillen said, if she signs paperwork necessary to schedule the procedure that she initially agreed to in a legal document.

Jail looms for mom who fled with son to fight circumcision - Yahoo News

on this topic i got two things to say:

if a man is clean it does not matter if he is cut or not....if he is not clean....again it does not matter....

the son should be like his father....simple as that.....

there was no question of it in this house....my hubby would not even consider not doing it....and when the kidlet was born it was in the middle of a hot debate on the topic....i had one woman scream at me that my son would grown up to hate me for mutilating him...and mothers take that to heart.....we dont have have penis and dont get that whole relationship....and yes....when my son got to adulthood i ask him if he hated me for doing that...his reply...as always...was...'thats not why i hate you' lol that kid is hard on ya....

The woman is using the child as a pawn.

Her parental rights must be terminated without chance of reinstatement.

Full disclosure, I'm a Jew and circumcised.

There's actually some benefit to being uncircumcised. The foreskin and 'loose skin covering' of the penis aides in its sliding in and out smoothly reducing the need for lubrication naturally or artificially. Many women find this desireable.

On the pro-side of the arguement, having been circumcized when just days old, I've never known my penis to be any other way. And I certainly don't remember the procedure. And if I could magically restore things to their 'factory condition' I wouldn't. That would then be the abnormality.

On the third hand (heh,) from the religious side of things is something I came upon recently but had presence of mind to bookmark:

53 His disciples said to him, “is circumcision useful or not?”

He said to them, “If it were useful, their father would produce children already circumcised from their mother. Rather, the true circumcision in spirit has become profitable in every respect.”
- Gospel of Thomas
Apocrypha Gospel of Thomas Interfaith

If you're gonna circumcize your boy, do it early. If you can't get it done early enough to avoid trauma, don't bother.

Forum List

Back