She Said a Black Teen Stole Her Phone. Now She Faces Robbery and Assault Charges.

She has a couple of pending cases in California for DUI & disorderly conduct, one at another hotel. Also privilege seems to be a part of her pattern of behavior:

For, a nationally televised interview was an opportunity to apologize, her lawyer said, for falsely accusing a Black teenager of stealing her cellphone — and then tackling him — in the lobby of a SoHo hotel.
Instead, Ms. Ponsetto, 22, went off script. She stormed out of the disastrous interview with “CBS This Morning,” recorded on Thursday, only to be arrested hours later by the California authorities.
Her lawyer, Sharen H. Ghatan, who represented her in California, said on Friday that she had become concerned for Ms. Ponsetto, who behaved erratically in the hours before her arrest.
“My concern now is with her mental health and her well being,” Ms. Ghatan said. “She is behaving in a fashion that is completely of her own volition.” Of the interview, which was met with widespread derision online, Ms. Ghatan said, “I was embarrassed for her.”
At around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, the police said, Ms. Ponsetto got into her vehicle outside her home in Piru, Calif., and ignored orders from the police to stop. Deputies with the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office and two New York detectives who had traveled to California to arrest Ms. Ponsetto followed her for about a mile before she was finally detained, the authorities said.
“She kept driving,” said Capt. Eric Buschow of the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office. “She was very uncooperative.”
Image​
Miya Ponsetto was arrested in Ventura County, Calif., on Friday.
Miya Ponsetto was arrested in Ventura County, Calif., on Friday.Credit...Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, via Getty Images

More
The woman captured in a widely shared video tackling and falsely accusing a Black teenager of stealing her phone apologized in a hostile interview Friday but denied that she committed a crime or that she was racist.
Miya Ponsetto’s appearance, in a “Daddy” baseball cap, went viral online and was an “embarrassing” mistake, her lawyer said.
The 22-year old was “forcibly” detained by Ventura County deputies in her home state of California Thursday for a fugitive warrant in connection to the assault of the 14-year-old son of jazz musician Keyon Harrold at SoHo’s Arlo Hotel in New York, the sheriff’s office said. Shortly before her arrest, Ponsetto told CBS “This Morning” host Gayle King she acted lawfully in the video recorded by Harrold.
Ponsetto, who has since been dubbed “SoHo Karen” online, appeared to stumble finding words to answer King’s questions about her motives when she singled out the teen and pushed him to the ground.
“Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son,” she said. “Attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologize. Can we move on?”
She said that she considers herself to be “super sweet” and the one incident does not define her.
When Ponsetto blamed her age — 22 — on her decision-making, King suggested she was old enough to know better.
“All right, Gayle. Enough,” Ponsetto said, indignantly waving her hand at the camera.
Sitting beside Ponsetto, attorney Sharen H. Ghatan whispered for her client to stop, but it was too late.
“I was trying to do my best to assist her but she wasn’t having any of it,” Ghatan told The Washington Post. “When she sat in that chair, and she said ‘I’m not going to remove the “Daddy” hat,’ she was set to do what she wanted to do.”

Continued here:
No thugs in BLM hats threw tar on her? Pretty wimpy, eh?

She has a couple of pending cases in California for DUI & disorderly conduct, one at another hotel. Also privilege seems to be a part of her pattern of behavior:

For, a nationally televised interview was an opportunity to apologize, her lawyer said, for falsely accusing a Black teenager of stealing her cellphone — and then tackling him — in the lobby of a SoHo hotel.
Instead, Ms. Ponsetto, 22, went off script. She stormed out of the disastrous interview with “CBS This Morning,” recorded on Thursday, only to be arrested hours later by the California authorities.
Her lawyer, Sharen H. Ghatan, who represented her in California, said on Friday that she had become concerned for Ms. Ponsetto, who behaved erratically in the hours before her arrest.
“My concern now is with her mental health and her well being,” Ms. Ghatan said. “She is behaving in a fashion that is completely of her own volition.” Of the interview, which was met with widespread derision online, Ms. Ghatan said, “I was embarrassed for her.”
At around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, the police said, Ms. Ponsetto got into her vehicle outside her home in Piru, Calif., and ignored orders from the police to stop. Deputies with the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office and two New York detectives who had traveled to California to arrest Ms. Ponsetto followed her for about a mile before she was finally detained, the authorities said.
“She kept driving,” said Capt. Eric Buschow of the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office. “She was very uncooperative.”
Image​
Miya Ponsetto was arrested in Ventura County, Calif., on Friday.
Miya Ponsetto was arrested in Ventura County, Calif., on Friday.Credit...Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, via Getty Images

More
The woman captured in a widely shared video tackling and falsely accusing a Black teenager of stealing her phone apologized in a hostile interview Friday but denied that she committed a crime or that she was racist.
Miya Ponsetto’s appearance, in a “Daddy” baseball cap, went viral online and was an “embarrassing” mistake, her lawyer said.
The 22-year old was “forcibly” detained by Ventura County deputies in her home state of California Thursday for a fugitive warrant in connection to the assault of the 14-year-old son of jazz musician Keyon Harrold at SoHo’s Arlo Hotel in New York, the sheriff’s office said. Shortly before her arrest, Ponsetto told CBS “This Morning” host Gayle King she acted lawfully in the video recorded by Harrold.
Ponsetto, who has since been dubbed “SoHo Karen” online, appeared to stumble finding words to answer King’s questions about her motives when she singled out the teen and pushed him to the ground.
“Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son,” she said. “Attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologize. Can we move on?”
She said that she considers herself to be “super sweet” and the one incident does not define her.
When Ponsetto blamed her age — 22 — on her decision-making, King suggested she was old enough to know better.
“All right, Gayle. Enough,” Ponsetto said, indignantly waving her hand at the camera.
Sitting beside Ponsetto, attorney Sharen H. Ghatan whispered for her client to stop, but it was too late.
“I was trying to do my best to assist her but she wasn’t having any of it,” Ghatan told The Washington Post. “When she sat in that chair, and she said ‘I’m not going to remove the “Daddy” hat,’ she was set to do what she wanted to do.”

Continued here:

The alcohol abuse, extended record, erratic behavior and seemingly nonsensical accusations, that could be easily disproven ...
While not entirely excusable, sounds more like bi-polar cyclical behavior issues.

CBS This Morning, attempting to conduct an interview with a mentally disturbed individual, and their desire to promote it as strictly a systemic racial injustice ...
Now ... That's a nefarious agenda ... :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back