Sharia court rules blasphemers can only be punished with death penalty

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I guess this means that if a neighbor doesn't like another neighbor, he can accuse that person of blasphemy.

» 12/06/2013 16:13
PAKISTAN - ISLAM

by Jibran Khan

The Federal Sharia Court accepts lawyer's petition claiming that the death penalty, not life in prison, is the only punishment in blasphemy cases. Under Nawaz Sharif, it is "dark times" for minorities. For many activists and NGOs, Islamisation progresses in the country. Paul Bhatti notes that poverty must be the "priority" through "employment and investment to boost development."

Islamabad (AsiaNews) - Life imprisonment is not enough for blasphemers; the only permissible punishment is the death penalty, this according to a recent ruling by Pakistan's Federal Sharia Court, which struck down Section 295 C of the Pakistan Penal Code, leaving the death penalty as the only possible form of punishment. Together with Sections 295 A and 295 B, Section 295 C constituted the so-called 'blasphemy law'.

After the court heard a contempt of court petition filed by lawyer Hashmat Habib, Justice Fida Hussain issued orders to remove the provision of life imprisonment from the blasphemy law, stating that only death is the punishment for blasphemy in accordance with a 1990 Hadood ordinance, which according to the lawyer who filed the appeal, has never been enforced so far.

To continue reading, go to:

PAKISTAN - ISLAM Sharia court rules blasphemers can only be punished with death penalty - Asia News

I guess this means that if a neighbor doesn't like another neighbor, he can accuse that person of blasphemy.

» 12/06/2013 16:13
PAKISTAN - ISLAM

by Jibran Khan

The Federal Sharia Court accepts lawyer's petition claiming that the death penalty, not life in prison, is the only punishment in blasphemy cases. Under Nawaz Sharif, it is "dark times" for minorities. For many activists and NGOs, Islamisation progresses in the country. Paul Bhatti notes that poverty must be the "priority" through "employment and investment to boost development."

Islamabad (AsiaNews) - Life imprisonment is not enough for blasphemers; the only permissible punishment is the death penalty, this according to a recent ruling by Pakistan's Federal Sharia Court, which struck down Section 295 C of the Pakistan Penal Code, leaving the death penalty as the only possible form of punishment. Together with Sections 295 A and 295 B, Section 295 C constituted the so-called 'blasphemy law'.

After the court heard a contempt of court petition filed by lawyer Hashmat Habib, Justice Fida Hussain issued orders to remove the provision of life imprisonment from the blasphemy law, stating that only death is the punishment for blasphemy in accordance with a 1990 Hadood ordinance, which according to the lawyer who filed the appeal, has never been enforced so far.

To continue reading, go to:

PAKISTAN - ISLAM Sharia court rules blasphemers can only be punished with death penalty - Asia News
That's pretty bad.

This is the statute in action "The final prosecution witness in the blasphemy trial of Sawan Masih – the case which sparked the arson attack on Christian homes in Joseph Colony last May is to testify on December 7.

According to Shahid Imran, the complainant in the case, he and his neighbour Muhammad Shafique heard Sawan Masih insult the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Masih has been charged under Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code, which carries a maximum penalty of death."

Blasphemy trial: Last prosecution witness to testify Dec 7

I say "goddammit" as much as I breath air. I guess the penalty would be a good cure for that nasty habit...:lol:

This is the statute in action "The final prosecution witness in the blasphemy trial of Sawan Masih – the case which sparked the arson attack on Christian homes in Joseph Colony last May is to testify on December 7.

According to Shahid Imran, the complainant in the case, he and his neighbour Muhammad Shafique heard Sawan Masih insult the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Masih has been charged under Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code, which carries a maximum penalty of death."

Blasphemy trial: Last prosecution witness to testify Dec 7

I say "goddammit" as much as I breath air. I guess the penalty would be a good cure for that nasty habit...:lol:

What I found really pathetic is when a kind hearted Muslim official stuck up for the Christian woman, Asia Bibi, who was thrown in jail for allegedly committing blasphemy, and one of his guard shot him. Then at the guard's trial, when he exited the courthouse, the public threw flower petals on him. How sick can people be to do this when the man was a murderer? As of now, the Christian woman is still rotting away in jail, and for all we know they could be killing her soon.

New Topics

Forum List

Back