Share Your Recordings

norwegen

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2013
Ormond Beach, FL
Percussion? Strings? Woodwinds? Vocals?

Rock? Blues? Swing? Originals?

Beginner? Intermediate? Have actually made money for playing?

Wherever you are, whatever you do, post it here. I haven't been playing long, and will never be anything more than an amateur - lol - but I'll start with a little patriotic ditty I recorded a few weeks ago.

Actually, I should try to redo this post. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Percussion? Strings? Woodwinds? Vocals?

Rock? Blues? Swing? Originals?

Beginner? Intermediate? Have actually made money for playing?

Wherever you are, whatever you do, post it here. I haven't been playing long, and will never be anything more than an amateur - lol - but I'll start with a little patriotic ditty I recorded a few weeks ago.

Actually, I should try to redo this post. Hopefully.

Not that it will produce results any time soon, if at all, but I've posted a request to the site to find a way to post audio. Let's see if it does anything. Would be a wondrous improvement.

Seems odd that we can easily attach a video but not an audio file.

I got permission some time back to use this easy audio recording

Gonna try an experiment here.

I uploaded a short audio clip to Vocaroo to see what would happen. It gave me a link without requiring personal info, so it remains anonymous. Let's see if it works.... click here

Just in case it does work the clip is a highly re-edited section of a spammer phone call that was going around a couple of years ago.

I uploaded a short audio clip to Vocaroo to see what would happen. It gave me a link without requiring personal info, so it remains anonymous. Let's see if it works.... click here

Just in case it does work the clip is a highly re-edited section of a spammer phone call that was going around a couple of years ago.
Very reputable. I used it here a couple times.

Well all right! It worked.
OK here we goes. Experiment 2, this is something my gf of the time and I whipped together in an afternoon. She's dong all the vocals, I did guitar, keyboards and production.

Let it Be Me

So you have to go to the Vocaroo site (thanks Sloopy), UPLOAD your file, and then it will return a URL.

The site says don't upload copyrighted material but that's kind of impossible unless you upload original stuff in which case you're letting it loose soooo............ :dunno:

Last edited:

OK here we goes. Experiment 2, this is something my gf of the time and I whipped together in an afternoon. She's dong all the vocals, I did guitar, keyboards and production.

Let it Be Me

So you have to go to the Vocaroo site (thanks Sloopy), UPLOAD your file, and then it will return a URL.
You're welcome. Now you must agree with 100% of anything I say....lol

For a long time I was asking if someone knew of a very simple online recording to use on these sites without going through 10 mind bending steps. At first some people here reported me as advertising something....................lolol................Management gave it the OK after they discovered it was not a conspiracy to dox....lolol

Let it Be Me

For a long time I was asking if someone knew of a very simple online recording to use on these sites without going through 10 mind bending steps. At first some people here reported me as advertising something....................lolol................Management gave it the OK after they discovered it was not a conspiracy to dox....lolol

Hey if you can prevent the song in your name from playing in my head whenever your name pops up I'll do whatever you want....

This is one of my Leon Russell impressions, using a YouTube MMO instrumental track. Not the tune I would have chosen to do (that would have been Shootout On the Plantation) but the one that was available. Had to manipulate it up to proper tempo, and then laid a vocal on it.

Tight Rope

Let it Be Me

Hey if you can prevent the song in your name from playing in my head whenever your name pops up I'll do whatever you want....

This is one of my Leon Russell impressions, using a YouTube MMO instrumental track. Not the tune I would have chosen to do (that would have been Shootout On the Plantation) but the one that was available. Had to manipulate it up to proper tempo, and then laid a vocal on it.

Tight Rope
Lol. I kind of wanted to start a debating thread in voice CDZ style some time back. No interest. Do politicians debate each other by typing?...lol

Let it Be Me

Tight Rope
Lol. I kind of wanted to start a debating thread in voice CDZ style some time back. No interest. Do politicians debate each other by typing?...lol

I believe G.T. does or did a live podcast sort of thing with USMB voices calling in. Don't know if he still does, I never participated in one. But that was offsite.

Okay, I tried that vocaroo site (thanks, Hang on sloopy). No privacy issues, and it was easy. So, here's that piece I deleted from the OP.

key: F
BPM: 86

Last edited:

Let it Be Me

The site says don't upload copyrighted material but that's kind of impossible unless you upload original stuff in which case you're letting it loose soooo............ :dunno:

Tight Rope
You have a talent, for sure.

Here is a recording my original band made on our last tour.
We were in a hotel in Nashville. I'm a bass player but we didn't have an acoustic bass so I played guitar. The song is called 'Goin Huntin' from our 2nd album.

So, suddenly I'm confused about copyrights. Posting a cover doesn't raise copyright issues, does it?
It can if the copyright holder finds it.
Years ago my band covered a Deep Purple song on youtube.
I received a letter from their copyright holder telling me to delete the video.

So, suddenly I'm confused about copyrights. Posting a cover doesn't raise copyright issues, does it?

Technically it does since somebody else wrote it. But I wouldn't sweat it on a site like this. We're not selling it. On the other hand I wouldn't post original work, unless I had copyrighted it first.

They just put that line there to cover their ass legally.

Let it Be Me

Tight Rope
You have a talent, for sure.

Thangyew. I've always been able to nail Leon's voice pretty well although I would have preferred a different tune. I overdid it a blt.

I found one other stray file, another MMO track where I did the two vocals on an old favorite King Crimson tune:

I Talk To the Wind

It's still pretty raw, too much double-tracked voice on the choruses. I should remix it.

Forum List

Back