Share your get rich slow schemes

Start young, enjoy life but save or invest a little regularly. Over time it will grow. Don't be a slave to it however. Also important is to take care of your health. So many fall into financial ruin because of medical problems. Just eating a simple diet will help ensure both health and prosperity.
Exactly. There are three "legs" to freedom. Freedom from oppressive government, financial freedom and health freedom.

True story:

The cast: The Father, the Daughter who was managing an apartment complex for her Father, Some Fella who was managing another complex for Father, and Myself who was the maintenance guy for Father ...

Some Fella was also doing Amway as his "get rich" scheme, for which the other three of us laughed at ... so Myself came up with the idea of marrying Daughter and "get rich" milking Father ... Daughter thought it a grand idea but dear Father objected ... fired Some Fella and sold Myself that complex as to keep me busy and away from Daughter ...

... and that's how it came about that I was PAID $5,000 to buy his 16-unit apartment complex ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... (he accepted a position on my family's home as down payment) ...

There isn't a Money forum or a Careers forum so I post this here in the Lifestyle forum because scheming to make oneself wealthy is a lifestyle.

We've heard all the get rich quick schemes and how much a gamble they are. How about your get rich slow stories? Slow and steady wins the race they say and if you've got a hard to shake financial plan that takes years to unfold and is a solid thing to stick with I'd like to hear about it.

Here is how you do it. Make money. Spend less than the amount you made. Repeat.

This is the only formula that has ever been used.

There isn't a Money forum or a Careers forum so I post this here in the Lifestyle forum because scheming to make oneself wealthy is a lifestyle.

We've heard all the get rich quick schemes and how much a gamble they are. How about your get rich slow stories? Slow and steady wins the race they say and if you've got a hard to shake financial plan that takes years to unfold and is a solid thing to stick with I'd like to hear about it.

1. Work hard.
2. Save.
3. Don't worry about shit you can't control. If it works out, great. If not, I've had the good life already, which is already better than most of the people who ever walked this earth.
4. Be a good person to others - that will pay you back in ways you don't expect.

1. Work hard.
2. Save.
3. Don't worry about shit you can't control. If it works out, great. If not, I've had the good life already, which is already better than most of the people who ever walked this earth.
4. Be a good person to others - that will pay you back in ways you don't expect.
Have only one addiction ....saving as much money as you can. Don't waste it on booze and drugs and women. There are some good investments ....individual private Investments and the stock market if you're lucky or if you have enough to play with and run out the bear market.

But from age 20 to 60 if you can manage to save $10,000 a year ( a husband and wife who smoke spend at least that a year on cigarettes )
By the time you're 62 assuming you had a relatively normal job and paid your taxes you can draw early Social Security.... plus have nearly half a million dollars saved up.

I pick up discarded pennies to build a retirement nest egg.

Have only one addiction ....saving as much money as you can. Don't waste it on booze and drugs and women.

Too late, lol. I'm a little too much like my avatar Ric Flair. Well, I used to be anyway. Not nearly as much booze or women, but I tried.

There are some good investments ....individual private Investments and the stock market if you're lucky or if you have enough to play with and run out the bear market.

Contrary to popular advice, real estate is a good investment -- if you know what you're doing and don't over-leverage. It's cash flow. Everyone needs a place to sleep. Just buy in a place that's not prone to crime. People who buy a home because they think they're gonna turn a profit because the market's going up? No different than buying equities really. May as well be an index fund investor. You can't time the market.

Too late, lol. I'm a little too much like my avatar Ric Flair. Well, I used to be anyway. Not nearly as much booze or women, but I tried.

Contrary to popular advice, real estate is a good investment -- if you know what you're doing and don't over-leverage. It's cash flow. Everyone needs a place to sleep. Just buy in a place that's not prone to crime. People who buy a home because they think they're gonna turn a profit because the market's going up? No different than buying equities really. May as well be an index fund investor. You can't time the market.
Now is a good time to start buying real estate where you can drill your own good quality well water.

I hate to say it but it's looking like there will be a lot of IRS foreclosures coming up soon.... unless they hired 87,000 new armed agents to go around checking lemonade stands and puppy stores.
received_593947654963674.jpeg

Last edited:
Everyone should have invested in gold before 2003 when it was still $300 an ounce.

Of course the wealthy speculators and inside trader elites probably bought up 80% of the available gold at the time.
But don't cash in now..... that's what they want you to do. All these gold & silver coin scams... they want you to think they're trying to dump the gold at 1500 to 2000.

If and when the US dollar crashes gold could skyrocket to $10K an ounce .....they're keenly aware of that.

Crippling the ruble is probably the main reason they just hit the pipeline

Forum List

Back