Shameless:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
The new Season of Showtime's Shameless starts on 1/12/14 and in my opinion it is one of the most hilarious comedy series ever. William H. Macy plays Frank Gallagher, a hopelessly dysfunctional alcoholic loser and sire of a bunch of wonderfully funny kids and their friends struggling to make it on the low-rent edge of Chicago.

I've always considered Macy a better-than-average actor but he is exceptional in this role. Macy is Frank Gallagher and no one could match this performance. The script and the acting are as good as it gets and it is impossible to not like this series.

Shameless. Don't miss it!

The new Season of Showtime's Shameless starts on 1/12/14 and in my opinion it is one of the most hilarious comedy series ever. William H. Macy plays Frank Gallagher, a hopelessly dysfunctional alcoholic loser and sire of a bunch of wonderfully funny kids and their friends struggling to make it on the low-rent edge of Chicago.

I've always considered Macy a better-than-average actor but he is exceptional in this role. Macy is Frank Gallagher and no one could match this performance. The script and the acting are as good as it gets and it is impossible to not like this series.

Shameless. Don't miss it!

been watching from day 1.....:thup:

I can't believe Harry Dresden and I are alone in our appreciation of this supremely funny comedy series.

William H. Macy plays Frank Gallagher and in my opinion this portrayal is the venerable actor's crowning achievement. Macy is Frank Gallagher and nobody else could play this role nearly as well. The family of also well-cast but relatively moral and decent characters who issued from the totally decadent Frank Gallagher have managed to create the most hilarious depiction of a low-rent American family I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Shameless is truly brilliant comedy. While it is fiction it is not fantasy, meaning it is a contrived composite of real families and associated characters I am sure could be found if we looked hard enough on the down side of the tracks.

Anyone who has access to Shameless but don't watch it is missing something really good.

I can't believe Harry Dresden and I are alone in our appreciation of this supremely funny comedy series.

William H. Macy plays Frank Gallagher and in my opinion this portrayal is the venerable actor's crowning achievement. Macy is Frank Gallagher and nobody else could play this role nearly as well. The family of also well-cast but relatively moral and decent characters who issued from the totally decadent Frank Gallagher have managed to create the most hilarious depiction of a low-rent American family I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Shameless is truly brilliant comedy. While it is fiction it is not fantasy, meaning it is a contrived composite of real families and associated characters I am sure could be found if we looked hard enough on the down side of the tracks.

Anyone who has access to Shameless but don't watch it is missing something really good.

well then its just you and me Mike.....tell me Frank Gallagher aint the biggest lowlife ever on TV....

well then its just you and me Mike.....tell me Frank Gallagher aint the biggest lowlife ever on TV....
What a character. It's interesting the way the writers are weaving the negative aspect of Frank's genes into Fiona's compulsively self-destructive behavior.

It will be interesting to see how they manage to keep Fiona out of prison and what comes of her relationship with the brothers who represent the personified good and evil influences in her life.

What a character. It's interesting the way the writers are weaving the negative aspect of Frank's genes into Fiona's compulsively self-destructive behavior.

It will be interesting to see how they manage to keep Fiona out of prison and what comes of her relationship with the brothers who represent the personified good and evil influences in her life.

she has hit the bottom.....ill say that.... and Carl....geezus what can you say about that little psycho.....

she has hit the bottom.....ill say that.... and Carl....geezus what can you say about that little psycho.....
Can't help liking him. Adventurous little bugger.

Been watching since day one, just never went looking for a thread on it here.

Fiona has lost her mind.

I hope to see more humor next season. This one has been rather depressing.

I'm hooked on this show. (Not quite caught up yet so I'm not reading any posts in case of spoilers).

I like most all of the characters (only the past two episodes have I come around to liking Mickey at all because he finally, finally let his guard down in regards to Ian) but I totally love Kevin and V. What a hoot those two are together!

William H. Macy is one the best actors around. He is simply superb in whatever he does. He is that rare actor who becomes the character so that the viewer doesn't see the actor. Johnny Depp also manages to achieve this. Wonderful.

Did anyone ever see WHM in a tv movie from 2002 called 'Door to Door'? He played a door-to-door salesman with cerebral palsy and was just fantastic in it. Worth checking out.

So Fiona has bought herself 90 days in what appears to be a really awful prison. Now that we know just how active her self-destructive inclination is I'm wondering how it will affect her prison experience, i.e., whether she will bring more time on herself, make the wrong kind of friends, get beaten or cut, or will she meet someone who will help her find and purge the demon that put her there.

Interesting developments with Lip, Debbie, and Carl. I hope Carl manages somehow to get off that bad train he and his cute little girl-friend are riding and avoids the inevitable.

Frank is off to a good start with his new family. It appears Shameless has potential for several more seasons.

Okay, so; what did you think of the season finale??
I'm glad Fiona is out of jail. But while the way they did it is entirely credible it lacks imagination.

I'm also glad Carl's inamorata has been removed because that cute little gypsy was taking him to a very bad place in his life. I hope she stays gone, but it looks like Frank is taking him down a different kind of dark road. (I'm beginning to dislike Frank.)

Specifically the last 30 seconds. ;)
The only thing I can make of the last 30 seconds is they are planning to reintroduce Jimmy -- hopefully as a stabilizing influence in Fiona's life and the means of purging her self-destructive demon.

Last edited:
Okay, so; what did you think of the season finale??
I'm glad Fiona is out of jail. But while the way they did it is entirely credible it lacks imagination.

I'm also glad Carl's inamorata has been removed because that cute little gypsy was taking him to a very bad place in his life. I hope she stays gone, but it looks like Frank is taking him down a different kind of dark road. (I'm beginning to dislike Frank.)

Specifically the last 30 seconds. ;)
The only thing I can make of the last 30 seconds is they are planning to reintroduce Jimmy -- hopefully as a stabilizing influence in Fiona's life and the means of purging her self-destructive demon.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad Frank is still on, but I think (speaking of lacking credibility) his being able to drink booze after all the damage he did is just complete and utter rubbish.

The woman, at the end there - called Steve/Jimmy "Jack." This is going to be interesting. I do want him back in Fiona's life, but not on the same terms as last time. She treated him like he didn't matter. I hope she learns some sort of lesson on how to move forward in a committed relationship between equals.

I'm glad Frank is still on, but I think (speaking of lacking credibility) his being able to drink booze after all the damage he did is just complete and utter rubbish.

The woman, at the end there - called Steve/Jimmy "Jack." This is going to be interesting. I do want him back in Fiona's life, but not on the same terms as last time. She treated him like he didn't matter. I hope she learns some sort of lesson on how to move forward in a committed relationship between equals.

yea i heard that too....looks like "Jimmy" is playing another role.....i wonder how he talked his way out of getting killed?....

Last edited:

yea i heard that too....looks like "Jimmy" is playing another role.....i wonder how he talked his way out of getting killed?....

If he's playing another role, then he didn't talk his way out of getting killed.

This is going to be interesting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back