Shameful geography

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
A friend of mine and I was talking the other day about how much we knew about U.S.A. copared to how much an average American know about Europe. We had a feeling we knew more since we watch all those american movies. So, we made a list of all countries in europe from memory and a list of all states in U.S.A., also from memory.

Funny thing this. We only managed to get 80% of the countries of europe correct with the capital. Matching states with capital was a disaster, we only managed to come up with 39 states to begin with! (My friend insisted that New Orleans was a state, so we came up with a double failiure there) And we had only 3 correct capitals (Hawaii, Tennesee and Alaska)! Really, really bad.

I'll never complain again when amercians mistake Switzerland ans Sweden. It would be great though if you could look in to that New York/New Jersey/Trenton/Albany mess.

This is not a test, but it would be fun to hear what you think you would score?

What? You can't name all 57 states? Don't worry, nor can most Americans... In fact, apart from Obama, the rest of us are convinced there's only 50.

What? You can't name all 57 states? Don't worry, nor can most Americans... In fact, apart from Obama, the rest of us are convinced there's only 50.

I... won't even ask! :lol:

During his POTUS campaign, Obama once claimed he had visited the 57 states. Some of us - mainly on the right - kind of feel like a potential POTUS should actually know how many states there are in the country he wanted to govern.

I... won't even ask! :lol:

During his POTUS campaign, Obama once claimed he had visited the 57 states. Some of us - mainly on the right - kind of feel like a potential POTUS should actually know how many states there are in the country he wanted to govern.

Okay, that is embarresing! :lol:

Sure, sure, you're from Korea. We already know that.

But are ya Chinese or are ya Japanese?

It might help us Americans if you Euros would finally settle down and stick to the nations and the capitals you have.

But nooooooooooooooooo, you guys keep having wars, civil wars and revolutions and you just keep changing your maps.

Let us know when you've finally decided who owns what and where the borders are, then and perhaps then we'll bother to learn your nations and capitals, okay?

It might help us Americans if you Euros would finally settle down and stick to the nations and the capitals you have.

But nooooooooooooooooo, you guys keep having wars, civil wars and revolutions and you just keep changing your maps.

Let us know when you've finally decided who owns what and where the borders are, then and perhaps then we'll bother to learn your nations and capitals, okay?
It isn't that easy...

You know, when Yugoslavia got divided for instance... Bosnia and Herzegovina felt that they needed their own state. Word is that Bosnians and Herzegovinans aren't that close after all. So we will have a pure Herzegovina. The thing is... the Herzes and the Govinians have always had alot of disputes. Also the Goers feel as minoroty towards the Vinians. It now seems the president to be in Goer is to divorce his wife...

Forum List

Back