Shalom from Israel

TDontTouchMyCigars

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi, my name is Gilead, from Jerusalem.

Wanted to say that I love this forum.

As I am enlisting to the IDF next year, I would like to hear advices from Vets [ yes, there is difference between the armies of Israel and the US, but I do believe I have a lot to earn by listening to some of the older soliders from the US armed forces ]

:welcome: TDontTouchMyCigars ... Are they Cuban's?

Military advice...

When going through Basic Training never, ever volunteer to be a truck driver...

1601321768274.png

The unit I aim to get in is Paratroopers recon team [ Sayeret 7 ]
Is your advice also talking about being a Hmuvee driver? Why is that?

It is just a small bit of military humor... The wheelbarrow can be called a truck and the driver gets stuck on the working end of said vehicle... I think its an age thing...

Are your Cigars Cuban's? :45: There is no right or wrong answer... If I was going to smoke a Cigar, I would want it to be a Cuban...

As I am enlisting to the IDF next year, I would like to hear advices from Vets [ yes, there is difference between the armies of Israel and the US, but I do believe I have a lot to earn by listening to some of the older soliders from the US armed forces ]
welcome....good to hear from you
..I was USMC for 8 years.....well, Israel has proven to be a HUGE winner--and against all odds:
''surrounded''
outnumbered in all categories
narrow front
etc

..hard to compare the two.....
..I would think the IDF has ''more'' experience = more per capita ....
..my advice: listen to the Israelis

..I was USMC for 8 years.....well, Israel has proven to be a HUGE winner--and against all odds:
''surrounded''
narrow front
etc

Sounds like the Trump administration, not just Israel

Welcome. IDF good for you. Everyone here needs to do at least basic training, they don't. I enlisted during Vietnam.

Welcome. IDF good for you. Everyone here needs to do at least basic training, they don't. I enlisted during Vietnam.

Respect!
How long did you serve?

QUOTE="TDontTouchMyCigars, post: 25583764, member: 72932"]

[/QUOTE]

Welcome!
My advice:
When you get to your regular unit after basic training, make friends with the cook. You'll never regret it.

Yeah, 70% overweight, criminals or druggies. I'm sorry but you are an idiot if you believe that.

Welcome.

Pushups, situps, run.

:welcome: TDontTouchMyCigars ... Are they Cuban's?

Military advice...

When going through Basic Training never, ever volunteer to be a truck driver...

View attachment 394119
DS: "Who's got a driver's license? "

Trainees: <hands go up>

DS: "Outstanding...you privates grab some brooms, mops, and buffers and drive em around the barracks until these floors shine!"

Welcome, have fun, play nice.
Your TV show was great.
giladtrdhtfgjh.jpg

''surrounded''
narrow front
etc

Yes. My Father was Haganah before immigrating to USA.

New Topics

Forum List

Back