Sexy Christians...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
EXCELLENT, IMO. Watch the vid, too.

http://www.wltx.com/FYI/story.aspx?storyid=42675

Video: http://www.wltx.com/video/fyiPlay.aspx?aid=26910&bw=

(Portland) - Wednesday night worshippers flocked to the Easthill Church in Gresham to hear the word of God. But unlike its traditional Sunday service, the word on this night takes on a slightly different tone.

Instead of talking New Testament, Pastors Ted and Dianne Roberts talk sex. The title of tonight’s sermon-“Light My Fire”. It’s the first in a month series of sermons led by the husband and wife team. They call the series “Sexy Christians”.

“Everybody’s talking about sex…its part of our culture. So we need to address it within the context of a faith…says Pastor Ted Roberts. Pastor Robert’s wife says, “I think it helps us to talk about it because I think sex is something you usually do than talk about.”

The non-traditional sermons are part of the growing trend among churches across the country to address human sexuality. The Roberts do so by mixing Christianity with a little comedy.

Sondra Montcrieff who’s a church member says she’s excited and “Christians should be able to be on fire and be sexy and beautiful…”

Members of this congregation say they look forward to this series of sermons on sex and taking lessons learned in church home.

Paul and Wendy Schindler, who are also church members say, “…You learn something new. Learn it, try it, and practice at home, not in church though, right?”

Christian-sex-is-the-best! Go! Fight! Win!
0204-0608-2207-5645_TN.jpg

It's a great idea, I like the message, but I just don't understand why this is anything new. Why do people think that anyone who is christian hasn't discovered sex, and different positions, massages, passion etc???

Every priest I have ever heard a serman from has stated sex is a gift from God, and we are supposed to enjoy every second of it with our married partner.

It's a great idea, I like the message, but I just don't understand why this is anything new. Why do people think that anyone who is christian hasn't discovered sex, and different positions, massages, passion etc???

Every priest I have ever heard a serman from has stated sex is a gift from God, and we are supposed to enjoy every second of it with our married partner.

In the protestant chuch I went to, and in other churches since, sex was strictly TABOO. :(

In the protestant chuch I went to, and in other churches since, sex was strictly TABOO. :(

That's not what I got from my protestant friends. Granted they were mostly Lutheran, Episcopalians, and Presbyterians! They said 'sex was great, within marriage."

In my pentecostal church, sex is not a forbidden subject, but it is usually limited to those between about 16 and the time they're married.

That's not what I got from my protestant friends. Granted they were mostly Lutheran, Episcopalians, and Presbyterians! They said 'sex was great, within marriage."

No - it's not that they preached against sex, it's that they NEVER addressed Sex. The topic was Taboo. Sex talk was generally addressed during Pre-marital counseling; but ours was mostly like this:

"Okay - you know you're supposed to do it, right?"

Forum List

Back