Several years ago

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I saw a sign on a church marquee- it read; putting out another's light does not make your's shine brighter-
Boy Howdy- that pretty well sums up our lives, does it not? Someone (usually an idiot or a pseudo intellectual pretending to be something he/she ain't) constantly trying to put out another's light so their's shines brighter- and the masses fall right in line with it-

Anyway, that saying is what came to mind when I read the following.

Huawei, Tik-Tok and WeChat

First, let’s dispel the combined notion that China spies on everyone and the US spies on no one. There is so much public evidence to destroy both these assertions that I won’t bother repeating them here. I will however remind readers that a few years ago China more or less banned Windows 8 from the country because it was discovered that the O/S had a built-in NSA back door.[1] It seems that Germany reported on this first, but the devastating proof was at an IT conference where a Microsoft executive was interrupted during a speech with precisely this accusation.[2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] He did not deny it because the person making the accusation was the person who discovered it and had with him the proof, but refused to discuss it and changed the subject.

from the comments:

It seems to me that the quite large part of the current generation of CEOs and US politicians in the USA don’t have much experience with censorship – perhaps this was not their main focus in the previous decades.
I lived in the Soviet block as a kid, and censorship was everywhere. After several decades of media bulshit, the vast majority of the population did not beleive anything in the media. Everyone was getting information from other sources – being secretly listening to radio free europe, word to mouth stories from truck drivers, speaking to relatives in the party, speaking to foreign lecturers in universities etc.
I know from my grandfather, that that in the 60-es the propaganda worked better and people beleived most of what the government told them. By the mid-80-es, no sane person was bying this. The system swiftly collapsed with the fall of the Brelin wall – there was just no trust and support as many peoplewere perceiving the state as their main enemy, one of the main reasons was this information war.
I remember an article here about an ex-mossad guy called Victor Ostrovsky who published a book and all the agency efforts to silence him ended in making the book a bestseller. The second book was intentionally ignored, and received much less attention. This is the normal, civilised approach to make some information less attractive – otherwise there is a forbidden fruit everyone wants to taste.
In my opinion, there is no way this old-school censorship game to be played along for decades in the internet age – a large part of the most productive population will start seeing the US state as an enemy and the number of those people will only grow each year. The way to censor is not to censor – in this era of interconnectedness and short attention span, it is enough to wait several days for a story to disappear by itself.

I saw a sign on a church marquee- it read; putting out another's light does not make your's shine brighter-
Boy Howdy- that pretty well sums up our lives, does it not? Someone (usually an idiot or a pseudo intellectual pretending to be something he/she ain't) constantly trying to put out another's light so their's shines brighter- and the masses fall right in line with it-

First, let’s dispel the combined notion that China spies on everyone and the US spies on no one. There is so much public evidence to destroy both these assertions that I won’t bother repeating them here. I will however remind readers that a few years ago China more or less banned Windows 8 from the country because it was discovered that the O/S had a built-in NSA back door.[1] It seems that Germany reported on this first, but the devastating proof was at an IT conference where a Microsoft executive was interrupted during a speech with precisely this accusation.[2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] He did not deny it because the person making the accusation was the person who discovered it and had with him the proof, but refused to discuss it and changed the subject.

from the comments:

It seems to me that the quite large part of the current generation of CEOs and US politicians in the USA don’t have much experience with censorship – perhaps this was not their main focus in the previous decades.
I lived in the Soviet block as a kid, and censorship was everywhere. After several decades of media bulshit, the vast majority of the population did not beleive anything in the media. Everyone was getting information from other sources – being secretly listening to radio free europe, word to mouth stories from truck drivers, speaking to relatives in the party, speaking to foreign lecturers in universities etc.
I know from my grandfather, that that in the 60-es the propaganda worked better and people beleived most of what the government told them. By the mid-80-es, no sane person was bying this. The system swiftly collapsed with the fall of the Brelin wall – there was just no trust and support as many peoplewere perceiving the state as their main enemy, one of the main reasons was this information war.
I remember an article here about an ex-mossad guy called Victor Ostrovsky who published a book and all the agency efforts to silence him ended in making the book a bestseller. The second book was intentionally ignored, and received much less attention. This is the normal, civilised approach to make some information less attractive – otherwise there is a forbidden fruit everyone wants to taste.
In my opinion, there is no way this old-school censorship game to be played along for decades in the internet age – a large part of the most productive population will start seeing the US state as an enemy and the number of those people will only grow each year. The way to censor is not to censor – in this era of interconnectedness and short attention span, it is enough to wait several days for a story to disappear by itself.

Oh bullshit- stop with the fucking fear mongering.

Yep... you've got a terminal case of HEAD BURIED UP YOUR ASS.

Somebody just broke into your house, looted it and stole your car but, don't worry, everything is OK, nothing is really gone, you'll be fine, it's just a rumor, don't even give it another thought.

• Banned
Yep... you've got a terminal case of HEAD BURIED UP YOUR ASS.

Somebody just broke into your house, looted it and stole your car but, don't worry, everything is OK, nothing is really gone, you'll be fine, it's just a rumor, don't even give it another thought.
You have a terminal case of acolyitis- godvernment deems it you worship it- the US gov't is the biggest and most adavnced spy ring in the world, and the lyingest entity competing only with US propaganda arm, MSM- putting out anothers light doesn't make you's shine brighter-

I will however remind readers that a few years ago China more or less banned Windows 8 from the country because it was discovered that the O/S had a built-in NSA back door.[1]

That citation only partially backs the claim made ... China is banning Windoze Ate from government computers ... and the citation does not mention the NSA (even if such an agency actually existed) ... the "back door" in the O/S is there for Microsoft's use, although just about anyone can access it ... a big hotel chain doesn't want to have to keep an IT guy at each location, better to allow remote access to allow the IT guy in over the internet, thus the built-in back door ... good idea on the surface but then we allow just about everybody in ... so it's a feature, not a bug ...

Just mind-boggling you still believe NSA is a spying and intelligence gathering agency ... that's all a fiction to cover what they really do ... what's the point of having a secret agency and then tell everyone? ... well, we feed the lie everyone wants to hear, and no one asks anymore questions ... slick, eh? ...

I took the yellow-bellied coward route in the military ... when I got to the place where all yellow-bellied cowards go ... I was surrounded by NSA folk ... think about that for minute ... and to the NSA operative reviewing this post: come and get me, chicken, you know where I live ...

• Banned
Just mind-boggling you still believe NSA is a spying and intelligence gathering agency
I don't need to believe it- neither do you. I'll start here: the US gov't and Intelligence is an oxy moron

That aside- it is the National Security Agency, not the national secrets agency.

No Such Agency ... people are so easily fooled ...

I'm surprised by your link ... buried in the mishmash is "Need to be able to communicate and exchange information securely, so that our adversaries can't undermine our plans;" ... cryptography ... the making of codes ... NSA is a counter-intelligence agency primarily ... cryptology ... the breaking of codes ... is just a corollary to their mission ... keeps the Free Press happy ...

No way to break these military grade codes ... they have to be stolen ...

Boy Howdy- that pretty well sums up our lives, does it not?
Sadly some people do not know how to get a flame of their own all lit up instead.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

from the comments:

DECOUPLING: FCC orders US telecom companies to rip out Huawei equipment.

Rip It out.

"A laundry list of evidence before us compels this result," said FCC chairman Ajit Pal in a statement. "But to summarize some of the main points, Huawei has a long and well-documented history of close ties to the Chinese military and intelligence communities, as well as the Chinese Communist Party, at every level of the company— all the way up to its founder."

"Huawei is subject to sweeping Chinese intelligence laws compelling Huawei's assistance and cooperation with Chinese intelligence services and forbidding the disclosure of that assistance," he continued. "Moreover, the concerns about Huawei aren't just hypothetical: Independent entities have identified numerous security vulnerabilities in Huawei equipment and found it to be less secure than that of other companies— perhaps deliberately so."

While the FCC is yet to name any specific carriers who are so ordered, they are any who have been receiving money from the Universal Service Fund. This is a subsidy program worth $8.3 billion annually, and intended to help telecommunications firms expand access to internet and cell phones across the US.

the US gov't is the biggest and most adavnced spy ring in the world,
What can we steal from china?

the answer is nothkng

but they steal a great deal from America

not that any lib under the sun would know that

or admit it if he did

US Government.
Exactly- so, how, precisely, is China different in that regard-
  • We don't disappear whistleblowers.
  • We don't keep millions in concentration camps and use them for slave labor.
  • We don't station government agents in the homes of those we have in slave labor camps to share the beds of the wives of the incarcerated.
  • We don't slaughter protestors.
  • We don't keep a "Social Score" by tracking everything you do via smartphone, including eavesdropping and then you find after criticizing the government that can't purchase a plane ticket.
You want Lying Slaver Outlaw China Military and Intelligence Software and Hardware on our critical US phone systems? Why on earth is that in our National Interest?

from the comments:

All nations spy, but China spies so it can steal state secrets and privately owned secrets for profit and power. They are shameless technology thieves. What they do is different from the rest of the world.

US Government.
Exactly- so, how, precisely, is China different in that regard-
  • We don't station government agents in the homes of those we have in slave labor camps to share the beds of the wives of the incarcerated.
  • We don't keep a "Social Score" by tracking everything you do via smartphone, including eavesdropping and then you find after criticizing the government that can't purchase a plane ticket.
You want Lying Slaver Outlaw China Military and Intelligence Software and Hardware on our critical US phone systems? Why on earth is that in our National Interest?
Uh dude,hate to break the news to you but you are incorrect,our corrupt government does that all the time,you just don’t hear about it in the CIA controlled media,our government kidnaps and gives children to commie China all the time,it’s just not reported in thee lamestream media,whistleblowers get killed all the time,,point number three is the only one we don’t do,not YET anyways,if Biden gets in,that will change.

from the comments:

All nations spy, but China spies so it can steal state secrets and privately owned secrets for profit and power. They are shameless technology thieves. What they do is different from the rest of the world.
Certainly everyone agrees that its in our national interests to stop them from spying on us.

the US gov't is the biggest and most adavnced spy ring in the world,
What can we steal from china?

the answer is nothkng

but they steal a great deal from America

not that any lib under the sun would know that

or admit it if he did
It's interesting to me that the Outlaw Slavers of Beijing have the US Left so bought, that they think we have to justify stopping them from spying on us.

Can you say Assange? Snowden? Or, who was the guy killed on Clintons watch, allegedly in the park?
Can you say Kent State? Waco? Randy Weaver? JFK, RFK- 9/11-
The straw men arguments I'm not going to respond to but to say- the entire US population is a slave- to the federal reserve through Borrow to Spend monetary policy, which a policy of Keynesean theory for the British Monarchy (top down spending, referred to occasionally, here, as Trickle Down Economics) mixed with crony capitalism, referred to as capitalism- which we don't use- as it is but a tool to determine a value of goods and services determined by the provider/purchaser of said good and services- crony capitalism is criminal- it is also evil, personified, for the interest of the District of Criminals who couldn't care less about you, or me and fein their regard for the constitutuion, which is THE NATIONAL interest of record-

Our Social Score is our bank acct and credit score with tax bracketing to separate the chaff from the wheat, to *class* people and our intentionally divisive Empty Suits who divide voters into 2 camps- enemies, or tools-

Our "National Interest" is IMNSHO Liberty and Justice for all- all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- not gov't contracts that serve only the well connected. Like the major players with the MIC- or congress critters wealth portfolios - free trade and free markets also come to mind neither of which exist here for "our National Interest". Liberty will alleviate our problems- more laws to correct laws mean more criminals made- it ain't rocket science- the District of criminals are our worse foe- not China, Iran, Russia, Mexico et al- it, DC, is filled with fear mongers supported by the MSM and UNconstitutional alphabet agencies who seek trouble to cause trouble to validate their existence-

New Topics

Forum List

Back