Seven Minimum Wage Facts That Have Democrats Worried

Let's make it $100 per hour so that we can feel really good about ourselves for about 30 minutes. Argentina, anyone?

Yes it would. But you're not smart enough to understand it.

I guess my problem is, every time the Minimum Wage has been raised, we get all the Business Republicans (you know, the Asshole Wing of the party) insisting it was going to be a "job killer".

In fact, the minimum wage was increased in the 1990's over 20%, but the 1990's were a boom time for jobs to the point where the minimum almost became irrelevent.

Yeah welcome to the obama economy. Tell me joe if raising the minimum wage doesn't effect buisness why not raise it to $20.00 an hour?

I've been advocating a $20/hour minimum wage for 10 years now. What else is new ? Why not ? No reason not to that I can see.

Last edited:
I know this is hard for a Liberal like you to understand but it's a matter of market forces. It's also a case of government over-regulating the private sector.

It has nothing to do with the percentage of Americans it would affect. It has everything to do with forcing businesses to either cut back their work force - creating more unemployment and dependence upon the government - or going out of business. :mad:

FALSE! This false argument is commonly presented by MW increase opponents. It makes no sense. Just like raising prices can't be done (because it reduces sales$$), laying off workers likewise is not possible without reducing profits.

In the case of laying off workers, let's take an example >> My ex-wife owned a boutique in a mall. She had 10 workers all at MW. If the MW went up, and she laid off one worker, guess what happens. Her sales go down, and she winds up making LESS PROFIT than befoer that layoff. It's simple. Why did she have 10 workers in the first place ? Because she was a philanthropist and wanted to give out an extra job ? Because 10 is her lucky number ?

She had 10 workers for only ONE REASON. Because she MADE MORE MONEY with 10 than any other number. So if she went to only 9, she suffers losses. No can do.

All the business owner has to do when the MW goes up is not panic, and enjoy the increase in sales$$ and profits (for almost all businesses), and the sweet sound of the cash register ringing much more often.

Did you use MATH for that posting...BAD BOY!

I used Microeconomics 101 + plain ordinary LOGIC. If you have a point to make, let's hear it.

I say we raise the minimum wage to $1,000 per hour. That way we can all be rich. I mean if we are going to inflate what jobs are actually worth, then lets go all the way.

I say we raise the minimum wage to $1,000 per hour. That way we can all be rich. I mean if we are going to inflate what jobs are actually worth, then lets go all the way.

Sounds cool

Everybody in Norway is a millionaire

Forum List

Back