Sestak beat Specter

Sestak seems to have been a better candidate any which way.

If he wins, Arlen is gone. If he looses Arlen is gone.

Looks like Senator Specter's carreer in the Senate is over. The news media is announcing a Sestak victory.

I had an inkling that this was going to happen. Though Id have prefered Specter lost in the general, I thinK Sestak is a beatable candidate.

Great news.

It's good to see the Sleestak's having a comeback.

b667433069d87671eec8de7397d71b8d19dfe3fc_m.jpg

Looks like Senator Specter's carreer in the Senate is over. The news media is announcing a Sestak victory.

I had an inkling that this was going to happen. Though Id have prefered Specter lost in the general, I thinK Sestak is a beatable candidate.

Ah, another Obama candidate falls away...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I like Admiral Sestak. I am glad he beat Specter. I had a lot of respect for Specter (more so when he was in the GOP), but the guy is 80 years old. Time for some new blood.

I disagree. Specter and Sestak both have their flaws.

Sestak ran and is running as a liberal.

Specter was running as an "Obamaite" Washington insider.

Obama won Pennsylvania by rallying up the liberal base. Blacks, urbanites, suburban youth, and women.

Obama's base has been pissed off for a long time, and COULD NOT have been brought out by specter in the general election.

They didn't like Specter and had he won a significant amount of Obama's base may have stayed home.

Sestak can now work with the base and energize them. PLUS he doesn't have the Obama problem where it looks like Obama and Washington is running his campaign. Toomey had an easy out with Specter, the Obama/Washington candidate. Now Toomey has a real challenge he has to quell a hyped up base, get Pennsylvania's middle of the road swing voters, AND hype up his own base. That may or may not prove to be a hard task. I'm actually leaning towards putting my money on a Sestak upset.

You honestly think Obama wont endorse Sestak now?

Of course he will.

However, Sestak will not be remembered as the "Obama candidate", just like Rand Paul won't be remembered as the "MConnell candidate".

Arlen had the democratic establishment behind him. Sestak can now go and say I faught against the establishment of my party, I stand for you and not my party.

It's the exact same dynamic in Kentucky that's going on in Pennsylvania and might bring both candidates (Sestak and Paul) to victory in the general.

Pretty simple concept to understand.

You honestly think Obama wont endorse Sestak now?

Of course he will.

However, Sestak will not be remembered as the "Obama candidate", just like Rand Paul won't be remembered as the "MConnell candidate".

Arlen had the democratic establishment behind him. Sestak can now go and say I faught against the establishment of my party, I stand for you and not my party.

It's the exact same dynamic in Kentucky that's going on in Pennsylvania and might bring both candidates (Sestak and Paul) to victory in the general.

Pretty simple concept to understand.

I think you are right. Also, Paul seems to be a pretty good candidate in his own right.

Why did you post this instead of Sinatra? :confused:
Because the liberoidal Obammybots think that a goofball who is even further left of Specter is the winning candidate.

nice taking material from one of the more insane posters on the board. good that you show your true colors.

:cuckoo:
Right...Specter lost a Democrat Party primary, to someone to the right of his suqishy wouldn't-know-a-principle-if-it-kicked-his-ass candidate.

There's someone :cuckoo: here, little girl, and it ain't me.

Forum List

Back