Serious Question

Where does the Senate get the jurisdiction to put a private citizen on trial? From what I can find only the Article 3 courts have that authority.

Your thoughts?

Well, and even though I am on Trump's side here, seems like once someone has served as POTUS he's sort of considered a President for life. I don't agree with it, but the bad guys are gonna take this one to the limits and beyond. I'll even go so far myself as to say Trump brought this on himself in the sense that he could have declared martial law, called up the regular Army, and wiped our government clean of ALL traitors. In the process he might have even avoided a second impeachment trial. Instead he handed our government and all of us right over to the most evil incarnation of US Government in America's history. I won't shed one tear for any demise Trump might meet at the hands of the democrats and traitor republicans. He had the chance to possibly save our civilization and he walked away. Better to die a hero than be drawn and quartered as some kind of half-assed martyr.
You mean by commiting a military coup he would have saved the country? What country are you referring to? Zimbabwe?

The coup attempt was the fraudulent election. Your Zimbabwe was engineered by the democrats and their republican turncoat allies. Our nation was founded in rebellion. To deny that is to deny your own history and national identity.
Calling an election you lost fraudulent doesn’t make it so. As is evident by the claims being rejected by the judiciary, the DOJ, the lawyers representing the plaintiff for election disputes (even Powell retracted her case) and now hard-line Conservative "news" outlets like American thinker and OAAN. The only places people insist it happened is the dark reccesses of the internet. If your friends and enemies allnsay the same thing you probably should take notice.

By the way for someone who doesn't believe in a POTUS for life you seem perfectly content with trying to install one.
Claiming you won an honest election doesn't make it so either.

Where does the Senate get the jurisdiction to put a private citizen on trial? From what I can find only the Article 3 courts have that authority.

Your thoughts?

Not surprising at all, as it goes along with:
Supreme Court: Retirees Can Be Court-Martialed for Crimes Committed After Service
You ain't free and clear, with the piper paid, by getting out just in time.
So you believe committed a crime after he was President? Didn't the Capitol protest happen before Biden was allegedly sworn in? What crime is he accused of committing? Can Congress impeach a private citizen? Crazy.
Most experts agree. It is happening. You are in for another reality check. The question is not whether it is happening, but whether there are 17 Republicans that are not aghast, Donnie sent the mob into their chamber screaming "Hang Pence" and got 5 people killed in the process of his little insurrection.
If the Senate rules (set by the Senate itself) call for a secret ballot in the trial, your gonna see a stampede of Republican to convict and get out of their way so the can run in 2024.
That is quite possible. I certainly will not shed a tear. He should have known better. Anybody else would have. It was gross neglet of duty to his oath, inexcusable negligence of judgement and his sending them to the capital after firing them up, sparked an insurrection on the Capital Building with both houses of Congress in session. We are damned lucky no more than 5 were killed, with a gallows erected on the Capital lawn and his trumpist mob storming the halls chanting "Hang Pence", his own Vice President of 4 years. Trump must pay for this outrage against our country, the rule of law, free elections in this country.

Your thoughts?

Supreme Court: Retirees Can Be Court-Martialed for Crimes Committed After Service
So you believe committed a crime after he was President? Didn't the Capitol protest happen before Biden was allegedly sworn in? What crime is he accused of committing? Can Congress impeach a private citizen? Crazy.
Most experts agree. It is happening. You are in for another reality check. The question is not whether it is happening, but whether there are 17 Republicans that are not aghast, Donnie sent the mob into their chamber screaming "Hang Pence" and got 5 people killed in the process of his little insurrection.

Did you ever stop and think, who pays the so called "experts"? Also then most of the Democrypts should be impeached also because they back BLM and Antifa. Which was far worse and caused billions in damage.

FLASHBACK: Democrat Leaders Have Encouraged Political Violence, Beginning With Barack Obama

That dog won't hunt. Any idiot such as yourself knows the local officials put up with it an allowed it to take place, and their Governors never sent the Guard to put it down, falsely thinking it would calm down to acceptable levels if they refrained from the only action that could have stopped, by just saying "NO" and enforcing it with massive manpower on the ground. None of the congressmen had the authority. It rests with the Governors to govern. They didn't. Local mayors and state governors is where you anger for official belongs.

Your thoughts?

Did you ever stop and think, who pays the so called "experts"? Also then most of the Democrypts should be impeached also because they back BLM and Antifa. Which was far worse and caused billions in damage.

FLASHBACK: Democrat Leaders Have Encouraged Political Violence, Beginning With Barack Obama

That dog won't hunt. Any idiot such as yourself knows the local officials put up with it an allowed it to take place, and their Governors never sent the Guard to put it down, falsely thinking it would calm down to acceptable levels if they refrained from the only action that could have stopped, by just saying "NO" and enforcing it with massive manpower on the ground. None of the congressmen had the authority. It rests with the Governors to govern. They didn't. Local mayors and state governors is where you anger for official belongs.

I'm the idiot here? :auiqs.jpg: Does it make you feel smart and special that you can go around calling people idiots when from everything I have seen from you, is pure ignorance.

And guess what these governors were? Democratic Governors. Not to mention the wicked witch from the west Nancy P egging them on and cheering. You are delusional bud, and I think it's about time you wake up to what darkness is truly going on.

Your thoughts?

Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.

“We differ from one another in our politics, and we also differ from one another on issues of constitutional interpretation,” wrote the signatories, which include the co-founder and other members of the conservative Federalist Society legal group. “But despite our differences, our carefully considered views of the law lead all of us to agree that the Constitution permits the impeachment, conviction, and disqualification of former officers, including presidents.”

Seems pretty solid to me :dunno:
Zero evidence he incited any riots
Well ultimately, yours is just a wildly partisan radical's opinion, instead of one that actually matters :dunno:

Pot, meet kettle.

Your thoughts?

Well, and even though I am on Trump's side here, seems like once someone has served as POTUS he's sort of considered a President for life. I don't agree with it, but the bad guys are gonna take this one to the limits and beyond. I'll even go so far myself as to say Trump brought this on himself in the sense that he could have declared martial law, called up the regular Army, and wiped our government clean of ALL traitors. In the process he might have even avoided a second impeachment trial. Instead he handed our government and all of us right over to the most evil incarnation of US Government in America's history. I won't shed one tear for any demise Trump might meet at the hands of the democrats and traitor republicans. He had the chance to possibly save our civilization and he walked away. Better to die a hero than be drawn and quartered as some kind of half-assed martyr.
You mean by commiting a military coup he would have saved the country? What country are you referring to? Zimbabwe?

The coup attempt was the fraudulent election. Your Zimbabwe was engineered by the democrats and their republican turncoat allies. Our nation was founded in rebellion. To deny that is to deny your own history and national identity.
Calling an election you lost fraudulent doesn’t make it so. As is evident by the claims being rejected by the judiciary, the DOJ, the lawyers representing the plaintiff for election disputes (even Powell retracted her case) and now hard-line Conservative "news" outlets like American thinker and OAAN. The only places people insist it happened is the dark reccesses of the internet. If your friends and enemies allnsay the same thing you probably should take notice.

By the way for someone who doesn't believe in a POTUS for life you seem perfectly content with trying to install one.
Claiming you won an honest election doesn't make it so either.
No it doesn't, you are right. The way you prove that they were dis(honest) is by putting your case to the test in the only venue that has the constitutional power to grant relief if you dispute the election result. That power lays with the judiciary.

The judiciary has ruled overwhelmingly that the election results where valid. Those rulings where done by judges nominated by ALL presidents up until Reagan.

So my questions to you are. Why is it that you hold on to this claim of "stolen elections" when it's been rejected by that entity? Why is it that you hold on to it it when even the AG, hardly a Democrat rejects it? Why is it that you hold on to it even when Trumps own lawyers are hesitant or even unwilling to assert it in court?

Your thoughts?

The title is honorary after they leave office. The have no official standing.

Your thoughts?

My thought are in the form of a question. Two of them actually.

1. How many threads do we need on this bogus defense of an obviously guilty criminal?

And

2. Why do you feel the need to defend said criminal so vigorously?

Obvious to whom? You? Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else.

Your thoughts?

Everyone is a private citizen and it depends on the situation. For example President pays taxes and vote as a private citizen. Impeachment is a political process to remove government official from office. It obviously is not a criminal or civil suit. Granted Trump is no longer in office. But he is eligible to run and hold other federal government offices.. Clearly the impeachment will only decide one issue. Will he be able to hold any official government position in the future. I would say that they probably can because the constitution is not clear on that issue. If you wanted to stop and possible future political office then impeachment would be the way.

The interesting thing about it is that it started when he was in office. Even though he is a citizen he does get security protection and pay. He also has people who work for him that are paid by government funds. So if he is impeached will that nullify all the above.

It can be debated but since he did hold office and the process was started before he left office then obviously they believe they can conclude the process.

The rest will probably have to be settle in a traditional court. I am sure Trump will bring it to the Supreme court assuming that the there is enough senate votes. Mitch has washed his hand of it and left it up to the individual senators. Interesting development but I believe that Mitch think Trump went to far with has election fraud. Time to cut the cord.

And disqualification from office can be found, where?

Why do you feel the need to defend said criminal so vigorously?
Simple. He's not and never been a criminal and both Impeachments have been a total corruption of the Constitution. The Democrats are not of, for and by the people. They are a hostile entity of, for and by THEMSELVES.
You could have just said "because I fell form the lies". Would have been shorter and still got the point across.

The same could be said about you.

Your thoughts?

My grandfather was a 32nd degree master mason.

I had some of his old stuff around after he passed away. Did you ever wonder why so many politicians and lawyers were masons that went beyond the 32nd degree?

Do you really understand what the BAR is, and what it is for? :dunno:

Here is your background plebeian explanation.

Bar association - Wikipedia

How about why all these lawyers and judges seem to be political in the administration of law and finance?

Internet search this term; "AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION by Augustus Blackstone"

That really doesn't answer my question.

Your thoughts?

Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.

“We differ from one another in our politics, and we also differ from one another on issues of constitutional interpretation,” wrote the signatories, which include the co-founder and other members of the conservative Federalist Society legal group. “But despite our differences, our carefully considered views of the law lead all of us to agree that the Constitution permits the impeachment, conviction, and disqualification of former officers, including presidents.”

Seems pretty solid to me :dunno:

I don't want opinions, I can provide just as many opposite opinions. Show me in the Constitution.

They don't use the Constitution anymore because they are treasonous traders and they just make up the rules as they go to do whatever they want.

Yep, that seems to be the case.

See post 14, it's pretty explicit.
They can weasel their way around that by saying Impeachment happened in the House before he left office so it's still an option. We are talking Democrats here.

It still doesn't give the senate the authority to try a president that is already out of office. How do you remove someone who is already gone?

Your thoughts?

My grandfather was a 32nd degree master mason.

I had some of his old stuff around after he passed away. Did you ever wonder why so many politicians and lawyers were masons that went beyond the 32nd degree?

Do you really understand what the BAR is, and what it is for? :dunno:

Here is your background plebeian explanation.

Bar association - Wikipedia

How about why all these lawyers and judges seem to be political in the administration of law and finance?

Internet search this term; "AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION by Augustus Blackstone"

That really doesn't answer my question.

Well. . . that is the most I am going to give you.

. . . if I gave you anymore, you would either be blinded by cognitive dissonance, or call me a conspiracy theorist.

I will give you a hint. The problem is not in the language of the document, but the actual document itself. It is legalese, and how it is interpreted in Admiralty Law.

It is a document meant for the oligarchs, the owners of this nation, NOT the people of this nation.

You are interpreting it through the eyes of Common Law.

Your thoughts?

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 6

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

He has been impeached. Where the paperwork sits right now makes no difference. The Senate has the Power to try all impeachments.

There are no exclusions in that clause. Removal from office is only one possible penalty but is not the only one. When someone is indicted, you don't have to seek all possible penalties to proceed.

I'm sure there will be a lot of debate from both sides but the literal interpretation is that if a President is impeached, the Senate has the power to try the case. The Articles of Impeachment have been signed and they are not voided, under the Constitution, if the President leaves office.

As I posted in post 14, the only penalty is removal. See Article 2, Section 4.

Your thoughts?

All you have are lies. Prove "most" experts agree. Also three died during the demonstration, they weren't killed. There's a difference. But that doesn't fit your propaganda, does it?

Political trials is what communist do. Not Americans. I fully expect Democrats to embrace more trials like this and fill our prisons with political prisoners.

That's so true. I live in the state that James Trafficant was a rep. He was a Democrat, but often spoke out against Democrats and their policies. He got a lot of attention because he was such a showman. They made sure his ass was locked up for a few years, and that was the second time they went after him. The first time he was found not-guilty.

Forum List

Back