Serious Question

Where does the Senate get the jurisdiction to put a private citizen on trial? From what I can find only the Article 3 courts have that authority.

Your thoughts?

Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.

“We differ from one another in our politics, and we also differ from one another on issues of constitutional interpretation,” wrote the signatories, which include the co-founder and other members of the conservative Federalist Society legal group. “But despite our differences, our carefully considered views of the law lead all of us to agree that the Constitution permits the impeachment, conviction, and disqualification of former officers, including presidents.”

Seems pretty solid to me :dunno:

Where does the Senate get the jurisdiction to put a private citizen on trial? From what I can find only the Article 3 courts have that authority.

Your thoughts?

Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.

“We differ from one another in our politics, and we also differ from one another on issues of constitutional interpretation,” wrote the signatories, which include the co-founder and other members of the conservative Federalist Society legal group. “But despite our differences, our carefully considered views of the law lead all of us to agree that the Constitution permits the impeachment, conviction, and disqualification of former officers, including presidents.”

Zero evidence he incited any riots

Your thoughts?

I don't want opinions, I can provide just as many opposite opinions. Show me in the Constitution.

Your thoughts?

Can you imagine the carnage at the Capitol building if the Senate tried a stunt like that?

Patriots are pissed enough over a stolen election.

Your thoughts?

Once the House passed the articles of impeachment to the Senate, that put the Senate in a position to act, the impeachment is just a part, the issue facing the Senate is whether to allow Trump to hold a public office.

I’d be interested in what a judicial decision would look like.

Your thoughts?

Not surprising at all, as it goes along with:
Supreme Court: Retirees Can Be Court-Martialed for Crimes Committed After Service
You ain't free and clear, with the piper paid, by getting out just in time.

Your thoughts?

Can you imagine the carnage at the Capitol building if the Senate tried a stunt like that?

Patriots are pissed enough over a stolen election.
Your media has given up on that just like every other phony scandal and conspiracy theory the last 30 years...

Your thoughts?

The question is senate jurisdiction.

Your thoughts?

The question is senate jurisdiction.

There is no senate lol
They’re a bunch of sleezy dirty gangsters

Your thoughts?

Well ultimately, yours is just a wildly partisan radical's opinion, instead of one that actually matters :dunno:

Your thoughts?

Once the House passed the articles of impeachment to the Senate, that put the Senate in a position to act, the impeachment is just a part, the issue facing the Senate is whether to allow Trump to hold a public office.

I’d be interested in what a judicial decision would look like.

The house didn't present the article of impeachment before Trump left office.

Article 2, Section 4

The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Funny I don't see disqualification for office listed here and he's already gone.

Your thoughts?

Well ultimately, yours is just a wildly partisan radical's opinion, instead of one that actually matters :dunno:
His speech never called for any violence !!
In fact , it was Nancy pelousy and others who have incited the leftist mobs

Your thoughts?

His speech never called for any violence !!
In fact , it was Nancy pelousy and others who have incited the leftist mobs
Well now I think I'm just talking to a bot

Your thoughts?

Not surprising at all, as it goes along with:
Supreme Court: Retirees Can Be Court-Martialed for Crimes Committed After Service
You ain't free and clear, with the piper paid, by getting out just in time.

Impeachment is a political exercise, and the senate doesn't have the authority civil and military courts have.

Zero evidence
You can blame the Dems and media for 4 years of vicious propaganda against T and his supporters who incited only a few
So you admit it?

You better get your story straight b/w you and the other self-proclaimed conservatives.

Forum List

Back