Serious question for atheists.

Magnificat

May 30, 2019
And I would appreciate a serious answer.

If there was absolute proof that God exists, would you worship Him? No commemtary required. Just a simple yes or no.
EDIT: I'M REFERRING TO THE CHRISTIAN GOD IN THE BIBLE.

Last edited:
the question is '''impossible'''
it's like saying ''if Germany won WW2''', could this or that...blah blah blah

If there was absolute proof that God exists, would you worship Him? No commemtary required. Just a simple yes or no.

I’m not an atheist, I believe there is a god although my interpretation of god is far different from yours I’m sure, and No, I don’t worship god.

Hell no.

If I'm wrong and he does exist he's got a lot to answer for.

But it’s not a simple yes or no. Which god, what constitutes “worship,” what proof, and how does the proven entity differ from the current multiple conflicting claims?

See, theists have a firm idea of what “god” means, or they wouldn’t believe in any. But atheists, by definition, don’t have a belief on what any god would be like if any existed.

If some other god, different from the one you worship, we’re proven to be true, would you worship that god?

Odd question. We’re lectured continuously by the more excitable Christians that there is absolute proof.

The tales and fables of the gods of Christianity tend to depict an angry, vindictive personification of humans. Why would anyone worship those kinds of gods?

All the preachers and Christian nutjobs regularly tell me to "worship" God, yet they also tell me that Jesus and God are one and the same, as well as place a whole bunch of emphasis on how I should make a friend in Jesus.

I don't worship the people I'm friends with.

But it’s not a simple yes or no. Which god, what constitutes “worship,” what proof, and how does the proven entity differ from the current multiple conflicting claims?

See, theists have a firm idea of what “god” means, or they wouldn’t believe in any. But atheists, by definition, don’t have a belief on what any god would be like if any existed.

If some other god, different from the one you worship, we’re proven to be true, would you worship that god?
Edited the OP. Read it again

If I am not mistaken, the word worship means to celebrate.

It would depend on a few factors. Is it a loving, benevolent God? Or is it the vengeful, insecure God in the Old Testament?

Like Crepitus said, in my mind he has a lot to answer for.

pinqy asked an interesting question of the OP. Magnificat, If some other god, different from the one you worship, we’re proven to be true, would you worship that god?

Edited the OP. Read it again

pinqy's question still stands as an interesting corollary to the thread. If there were 100% proof that another God or Goddess exists, would you worship them?

If I am not mistaken, the word worship means to celebrate.

It would depend on a few factors. Is it a loving, benevolent God? Or is it the vengeful, insecure God in the Old Testament?

Like Crepitus said, in my mind he has a lot to answer for.

pinqy asked an interesting question of the OP. Magnificat, If some other god, different from the one you worship, we’re proven to be true, would you worship that god?

Good question Winter. What if the "one true God" is actually from the Hindu religion, or what if the Taoists were the ones who were right?

(And, to tell you the truth, the Taoist concept of a Higher Power comes closer to describing God than any other description of God that I've heard).

Last edited:

This fails as a false dilemma fallacy.

And if your question were ‘serious,’ you wouldn’t refer to those free from religion ‘atheists.’

And if your question were ‘serious,’ you wouldn’t refer to those free from religion ‘atheists.’

Magnificent Scat has a way of asking stupid questions. And, I've got a hunch that the only reason they want a "yes" or "no" answer is because of the way they got their ass handed to them in another thread they started about religion and God.

Magnificent Scat has a way of asking stupid questions. And, I've got a hunch that the only reason they want a "yes" or "no" answer is because of the way they got their ass handed to them in another thread they started about religion and God.

Anyone who requests only a "yes" or "no" answer is not really looking for an answer.

I’m not an atheist, I believe there is a god although my interpretation of god is far different from yours I’m sure, and No, I don’t worship god.
How do you define worship in practical terms?

In other words, if you were worshipping God, and I was observing you, what would I see that would let me know you were worshipping?

Forum List

Back