Series - The Dark Side of the Ring....rasslin

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Most of us are aware that professional wrestling was staged event from the beginning of it's emergence in media and pop culture. That goes without saying but a series called "dark side of the ring" reveals the shocking degree that the promoters and rasslers were committed to in order to entertain fans. My personal favorite is Randy Savage agreeing to be bitten by a freaking cobra snake in the ring. The snake had allegedly had it's venom glands removed (who would know?) but it's fangs were intact. Randy gave his usual aggressive performance and pissed off the snake and it sank it's fangs into his arm. Randy claims that he had a 103 degree fever but survived.

Most of us are aware that professional wrestling was staged event from the beginning of it's emergence in media and pop culture. That goes without saying but a series called "dark side of the ring" reveals the shocking degree that the promoters and rasslers were committed to in order to entertain fans. My personal favorite is Randy Savage agreeing to be bitten by a freaking cobra snake in the ring. The snake had allegedly had it's venom glands removed (who would know?) but it's fangs were intact. Randy gave his usual aggressive performance and pissed off the snake and it sank it's fangs into his arm. Randy claims that he had a 103 degree fever but survived.
I recall watching a clip on that insane story line, I do remember it as a kid, I thought Randy was going to die in the ring, hah.

Jake the Snake told a story about the fact that Randy didn't trust the snake. He was rightfully afraid of it (who wouldn't be?). He basically forced Jake to have the snake bite him in front of Randy in the locker room to confirm that it wasn't deadly. Jake himself was angry at this, but he complied. I wonder how the snake felt about tasting the flesh of the man he was staying with?

Jake himself was afraid of the snake. He would keep it in his tub at home in water and he would be high on whatever it was he was on that night and dread having to go to the washroom and see it there, it scared him to death. He also said it wasn't very good for his love life as women would not want to stay at his place when they knew the snake was there (and/or wouldn't use his bathroom).

i cant believe you people watching rasslin in this day and age....

i dont miss an episode of it....

screw randy savage...the greatest heel in the world is still rowdy roddy piper..

i grew up watching smokey mt rasslin and lawdie help me....jim cornett is the most entertaining a hole alive

i cant believe you people watching rasslin in this day and age....

i dont miss an episode of it....

screw randy savage...the greatest heel in the world is still rowdy roddy piper..

i grew up watching smokey mt rasslin and lawdie help me....jim cornett is the most entertaining a hole alive
I don't watch the stuff but I'm fascinated by the antics.

Yeah, wrestlers have a severely shortened lifespan. They literally sacrifice themselves for the fans.

Forum List

Back