Serenity Now.......Jerry Stiller passes away at 92

Rip Mr Stiller

A great comedian

I love Jerry Stiller. He was like a fine wine that just got better with age. Both he and Kramer basically MADE Seinfeld, but after finishing Seinfeld, he was going to retire and Kevin James BEGGED him to join King of Queens telling him he couldn't do the show without him. I liked Stiller there even more and still watch the reruns every day. Stiller makes the show as the triumvirate between Doug and Carrie as the crazy, cantankerous father living in their basement ruining their lives. You were great, Jerry.

I've never watched an episode of that show.

Rip Mr Stiller

A great comedian

I love Jerry Stiller. He was like a fine wine that just got better with age. Both he and Kramer basically MADE Seinfeld, but after finishing Seinfeld, he was going to retire and Kevin James BEGGED him to join King of Queens telling him he couldn't do the show without him. I liked Stiller there even more and still watch the reruns every day. Stiller makes the show as the triumvirate between Doug and Carrie as the crazy, cantankerous father living in their basement ruining their lives. You were great, Jerry.

I've never watched an episode of that show.

Too bad. It can be hilarious. If you watch my two clips, you get an idea. Stiller was the perfect fit for his role. It was Stiller's finest hour. He was even more Mr. Costanza than in Seinfeld.

"i thought by this time i would be getting blowjobs!" - Jerry Stiller, at the height of his Seinfeld fame

i'm sure he meant it in jest. he was a jokester!

Before Seinfeld Stiller made a career out of a standup routine featuring partner and wife Ann Meara. The bantering between the very Jewish (short) Jerry Stiller and his tall very Irish partner was comic history. Son, Ben Stiller became a successful comic and actor.

Forum List

Back