Serena Williams ‘evolving away from tennis’ and set to retire after US Open

• Banned
Literally the most dominant (female) athlete of our time!!! Salute to the GOAT!!! Thank you for your dominance, Serena.

All it takes is another visit to Toronto to remind her "man, I need to get out of this place..."

Meh. It's swimming. The best athletes arent swimming, so it's less impressive IMO.

CharacteristicNumber of Grand Slam victories
Serena Williams (USA)23
Steffi Graf (GER)22
Martina Navratilova (USA)18
Chris Evert (USA)18

I'm glad she has the record. I wish Tiger would have achieved this. He still may.

Did you see King James? It was a great movie. Even if you don't like Will Smith, it's good. Dad was weird.

Meh. It's swimming. The best athletes arent swimming, so it's less impressive IMO.

But the best athletes are playing tennis? It's six of one half dozen of the other.

For a guy to win against 7 other opponents, in multiple rounds, for a number of years at different distances and styles, breaking World Record after World Record, capturing 23 golds and 28 total medals over a number of years is the pinnacle of commitment and high performance.

CharacteristicNumber of Grand Slam victories
Serena Williams (USA)23
Steffi Graf (GER)22
Martina Navratilova (USA)18
Chris Evert (USA)18

I'm glad she has the record. I wish Tiger would have achieved this. He still may.

Did you see King James? It was a great movie. Even if you don't like Will Smith, it's good. Dad was weird.

Tiger isnt going to get the record for most PGA major wins. He's lucky to make the cut anymore let alone via for a title. He's not winning 4 more to pass Nicklaus.

Tiger isnt going to get the record for most PGA major wins. He's lucky to make the cut anymore let alone via for a title. He's not winning 4 more to pass Nicklaus.
No not if he needs 4 more. Probably not. It was great when he won his last one. USMB is full of threads before he did it saying he would never win another one again. Then he did.

But the best athletes are playing tennis? It's six of one half dozen of the other.

For a guy to win against 7 other opponents, in multiple rounds, for a number of years at different distances and styles, breaking World Record after World Record, capturing 23 golds and 28 total medals over a number of years is the pinnacle of commitment and high performance.
Um Yeah. Tell me how much do you make if you win a swimming world championship in every swimming event? You can act like money isnt why these individuals play their sport but it's certainly a driver to push people into one sport or another. So no the best athletes arent swimming. Its no different than the best athletes in the US by and large arent playing soccer, if they were we wouldnt suck nearly as bad as we do.

MP is a phenomenal swimmer, but he wasn't competing against the best athletes in the world.

Forum List

Back