What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior Moving Misery

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flopper If we end up downsizing, it would probably be a detached townhouse sort of thing. I don't think we could handle common walls and people above us.
If you are retired or near retirement, you might not want to consider townhouses simple because most townhouses are 3 or 4 bedrooms which tend to attract families. I owned one such townhouse for a few years and hated it. It was noisy, kids sitting on cars and playing ball in the parking lot. Before buying the Condo we have now we considered a Condo consisting of duplexes with garages separating the units. There are also townhouses that minimize shared wals and there are Condos consisting of single structure villas. I have a friend who lives in high rise condo in downtown Seattle. He claims it is so well insulated that you couldn't hear a 6 piece band playing next door. However, his unit cost just over a million.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Flopper Interesting info thanks! I'm retired, my wife could retire but she wants to work a couple more years. We're a ways off from doing anything, but good to hear about options out there.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$85.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List