Sending the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl would be like sending a strawman to put out a fire...

I DID kind of like the Vikings in the 1970's. They WERE the first team to lose four Super Bowls, but at least they WERE good enough just to GET to those Super Bowls. I liked watching Fran Tarkenton at QB, and some of their players on defense were quite good. Paul Krause STILL holds the all-time record for career interceptions with something like 73 or 74. And I believe he played his whole career with the Vikings.

I DID kind of like the Vikings in the 1970's. They WERE the first team to lose four Super Bowls, but at least they WERE good enough just to GET to those Super Bowls. I liked watching Fran Tarkenton at QB, and some of their players on defense were quite good. Paul Krause STILL holds the all-time record for career interceptions with something like 73 or 74. And I believe he played his whole career with the Vikings.

I had a poster of the Purple People Eaters in my room growing up....then they broke my heart and blew the 4 Super Bowls....then I was a 49ers fan for a long time, even before Rice and Montana.

Krause actually had 81 career interceptions. He DID play his entire career with the Vikings. The incredible thing about his 81 interceptions is that he got them in just 12 seasons. An AVERAGE of 6.75 interceptions a season.

Krause actually had 81 career interceptions. He DID play his entire career with the Vikings. The incredible thing about his 81 interceptions is that he got them in just 12 seasons. An AVERAGE of 6.75 interceptions a season.
Oops, take that back. My brain farts are coming fast and numerous tonight! I misread his career stats, he actually played his first four seasons with the Redskins, THEN 12 seasons with the Vikings. So he played a total of 16 seasons, making his season average of interceptions just over 5. Which is still quite impressive. I doubt very much his career total will ever be broken. And of course, like Fran Tarkenton, he's a member of the NFL Hall of Fame.

You would think that after all this time of not making it back to the Super Bowl after going indoors the Vikings owner would stop being a moron and go back and then bring them to outdoors again where they had such a huge advantage over playoff teams such as the rams and cowboys in the seventys who could not handle the cold weather. :uhoh3: More importantly,most the fans want it,but these owners always shit on the fans never giving a fuck what they want in the no fan loyalty league.

That is when the NFL started going downhill,having these cold weather teams go indoors,the game was never meant to be played indoors as basketball was.fuck the NFL and these asshole owners Who have ruined A great sport

You would think that after all this time of not making it back to the Super Bowl after going indoors the Vikings owner would stop being a moron and go back and then bring them to outdoors again where they had such a huge advantage over playoff teams such as the rams and cowboys in the seventys who could not handle the cold weather. :uhoh3: More importantly,most the fans want it,but these owners always shit on the fans never giving a fuck what they want in the no fan loyalty league.

That is when the NFL started going downhill,having these cold weather teams go indoors,the game was never meant to be played indoors as basketball was.fuck the NFL and these asshole owners Who have ruined A great sport

But that would make them less money so that will never happen

It's not that much further north but it does seem to get a fuck of a lot colder there with more snow

You would think that after all this time of not making it back to the Super Bowl after going indoors the Vikings owner would stop being a moron and go back then bring outdoors again where they had such a huge advantage over playoff teams such as the rams and cowboys in the seventys who could not handle the cold weather. :uhoh3: That is when the NFL started going downhill,having these cold weather teams go indoors,the game was never meant to be played indoors as basketball was.fuck the NFL and these asshole owners Who have ruined. Great sport
You WOULD think that. I STILL think the 1998 Vikings were probably THE best team ever to not go to a Super Bowl. They dominated that whole season, and Randy Moss was just incredible to watch. They SOMEHOW lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship game in the playoffs. I STILL don't understand how this was possible.

You would think that after all this time of not making it back to the Super Bowl after going indoors the Vikings owner would stop being a moron and go back then bring outdoors again where they had such a huge advantage over playoff teams such as the rams and cowboys in the seventys who could not handle the cold weather. :uhoh3: That is when the NFL started going downhill,having these cold weather teams go indoors,the game was never meant to be played indoors as basketball was.fuck the NFL and these asshole owners Who have ruined. Great sport
You WOULD think that. I STILL think the 1998 Vikings were probably THE best team ever to not go to a Super Bowl. They dominated that whole season, and Randy Moss was just incredible to watch. They SOMEHOW lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship game in the playoffs. I STILL don't understand how this was possible.
Moss was better than Rice just no1 wants to admit it

People would have to admit it had we won that ring. Rookie year carried his team to a SB as a wideout never before and never again

Had cunningham lookin like pat mahomes

It's not that much further north but it does seem to get a fuck of a lot colder there with more snow
It’s no worse than Green Bay which is as much north as them. More importantly the fans want it and when they were building the new stadium and they had to play outdoors a couple of years,they packed them in but as I said he owners don’t give a shit about the fans in the no fan loyalty league.Like you said,it’s all about money,these owners are so greedy and evil,they really would kill their own mothers if it meant they would make millions for it,seriously,they are thst evil,they put money ahead of everything even a human life.

Too bad we dont t live in a world where we had no money.there would be lots less wars and far less murders in the world,thats for sure. They would not be ruining the integrity of the game either by moving at the drop of a dime just cause they did not get a brand new stadium which also was all about Money recently in the no fan loyalty league.sad when the game has became all about a new shiny stadium over history.speakimg of thst,Minnesota was almost in danger of losing the Vikings as well for many years.the citizens of that state,thanks to these greedy owners and politicians are getting screwed having to pay for their new publicly funded stadium,fuck the NFL. If there is no NFL this season as I am hearing there is a strong possibility of, I will be the first to throw a party and celebrate. :up: :banana: :dance:

Last edited:
Yeah that was bizarre,that was the one time time where they had so much talent that it looked like that year it was not going to matter them playing in a dome.hard to believe they were so good outside the dome that year as well.wonder how that was possible is what baffles me.

It’s no worse than Green Bay which is as much north as them. More importantly the fans want it and when they were building the new stadium and they had to play outdoors a couple of years,they packed them in but as I said he owners don’t give a shit about the fans in the no fan loyalty league.Like you said,it’s all about money,these owners are so greedy and evil,they really would kill their own mothers if it meant they would make millions for it,seriously,they are thst evil,they put money ahead of everything even a human life.

Too bad we dont t live in a world where we had no money.there would be lots less wars and far less murders in the world,thats for sure. They would not be ruining the integrity of the game either by moving at the drop of a dime just cause they did not get a brand new stadium which also was all about Money recently in the no fan loyalty league.sad when the game has became all about a new shiny stadium over history.speakimg of thst,Minnesota was almost in danger of losing the Vikings as well for many years.the citizens of that state,thanks to these greedy owners and politicians are getting screwed having to pay for their new publicly funded stadium,fuck the NFL. If there is no NFL this season as o am hearing there is a strong possibility of, I will be the first to throw a party and celebrate. :up: :banana: :dance:

Green bay is on the lake and so is soldier field

Minnesota isnt' which is why it gets so cold and so much snow relative to both

edit - lake michigan

I remember the playoff game in Minnesota against the Cowboys. The time was running out and Minnesota had a lead. Staubach passed and the reciever pushed the Minnesota defender down and caught the ball and scored, Dallas wins. No flag.The place erupted. A whiskey bottle comes flying out from the stands and hits the ref in the head. 1975 I think.

Too bad we dont t live in a world where we had no money.there would be lots less wars and far less murders in the world,thats for sure. They would not be ruining the integrity of the game either by moving at the drop of a dime just cause they did not get a brand new stadium which also was all about Money recently in the no fan loyalty league.sad when the game has became all about a new shiny stadium over history.speakimg of thst,Minnesota was almost in danger of losing the Vikings as well for many years.the citizens of that state,thanks to these greedy owners and politicians are getting screwed having to pay for their new publicly funded stadium,fuck the NFL. If there is no NFL this season as o am hearing there is a strong possibility of, I will be the first to throw a party and celebrate. :up: :banana: :dance:

edit - lake michigan
Again the fans in Minnesota all want it and the two years they were playing outdoors while waiting for a new stadium,they packed them in.football,is much bigger than baseball the fact it’s played just once a week and as I said,the fans want it yet that asshole owner keeps taking a shit on them even though their fans always supported them through the lean years when they were bad.in this day and age snow is not an issue either on getting it removed as it was back in the old days.if not for greed,they would have had an outdoor stadium a long time ago

I remember the playoff game in Minnesota against the Cowboys. The time was running out and Minnesota had a lead. Staubach passed and the reciever pushed the Minnesota defender down and caught the ball and scored, Dallas wins. No flag.The place erupted. A whiskey bottle comes flying out from the stands and hits the ref in the head. 1975 I think.
If that ref was on top of the play where there is no way he could have missed that call,I would not have felt one bit bad for him in that case if again,that was the case in the game.i hope he was not in the owners pockets like they always are with the cheatriots.

Here it is.

edit - lake michigan
Again the fans in Minnesota all want it and the two years they were playing outdoors while waiting for a new stadium,they packed them in.football,is much bigger than baseball the fact it’s played just once a week and as I said,the fans want it yet that asshole owner keeps taking a shit on them even though their fans always supported them through the lean years when they were bad.in this day and age snow is not an issue either on getting it removed as it was back in the old days.if not for greed,they would have had an outdoor stadium a long time ago

Do you honestly think the value of the tickets is higher outdoors?

Shut the fuck up you dolt

Yea you could put rusty nails on the ground and people would still show up

You want rich die hard fans not just die hard fans.

Forum List

Back