Senator Tim Johnson is recovering spendidly!!!!!

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Ain’t Medical Science Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - South Dakota Sen. Tim Johnson, whose brain surgery fueled speculation about upcoming Democratic control of the U.S. Senate, has improved and is being taken off sedatives, aides said on Thursday.

The statement, released on Johnson's 60th birthday, said he remains in critical condition at George Washington University Hospital after an emergency operation on December 13 to stop bleeding from a malformation of blood vessels in his brain.

"Senator Johnson's overall general medical condition has improved and he is gradually being weaned from the sedation," said neurosurgeon Vivek Deshmukh. "He is opening his eyes and is responsive to his wife."

When the new Congress convenes on January 4, Democrats will hold a narrow majority.
Even if Johnson faces a long recuperation, he can hold onto his Senate seat during that time.

More: http://www.rawstory.com/showarticle...RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-CONGRESS-SENATOR.xml&WTmodLo

God Bless and Godspeed the full and complete recovery of the most honorable Senator Tim Johnson. This Christian Nation depends on it!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Ain’t Medical Science Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - South Dakota Sen. Tim Johnson, whose brain surgery fueled speculation about upcoming Democratic control of the U.S. Senate, has improved and is being taken off sedatives, aides said on Thursday.

The statement, released on Johnson's 60th birthday, said he remains in critical condition at George Washington University Hospital after an emergency operation on December 13 to stop bleeding from a malformation of blood vessels in his brain.

"Senator Johnson's overall general medical condition has improved and he is gradually being weaned from the sedation," said neurosurgeon Vivek Deshmukh. "He is opening his eyes and is responsive to his wife."

When the new Congress convenes on January 4, Democrats will hold a narrow majority.
Even if Johnson faces a long recuperation, he can hold onto his Senate seat during that time.

More: http://www.rawstory.com/showarticle...RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-CONGRESS-SENATOR.xml&WTmodLo

God Bless and Godspeed the full and complete recovery of the most honorable Senator Tim Johnson. This Christian Nation depends on it!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Y'know, you really need to work on your comprehension skills. No one on this board has wished Johnson anything but the best as far as his health is concerned.

Only people like you who don't care what you have to do nor who it hurts to gain political power would feel otherwise.

No more evidence in your ongoing quest to show us what a worm you are is necessary. We've got it.

Y'know, you really need to work on your comprehension skills. No one on this board has wished Johnson anything but the best as far as his health is concerned.

Only people like you who don't care what you have to do nor who it hurts to gain political power would feel otherwise.

No more evidence in your ongoing quest to show us what a worm you are is necessary. We've got it.

Senator Johnson isnt a person to these people. He is a means to an end. They couldn't care less whether he lives or dies as long as Democrats remain in control of the Senate. I wish I could say that they would wish him good health if the politics was reversed.. but sadly I cant. I dont have any hope there.

I remember (barely, I was in 10th grade at the time) how ecstatic the Dim-o-Creeps were when Paul Coverdell, a REPUBLICAN, passed away. The hateful libtards were even more ecstatic when Georgia's DEMOCRAT governor appointed a DEMOCRAT to replace him. This was key to the Dims getting their (short-lived) majority after Jim Jeffords changed to an Independent.

Of course Psychoblues has no recollection of this.

P.S. Prayers for Sen. Johnson's speedy recovery

I remember (barely, I was in 10th grade at the time) how ecstatic the Dim-o-Creeps were when Paul Coverdell, a REPUBLICAN, passed away. The hateful libtards were even more ecstatic when Georgia's DEMOCRAT governor appointed a DEMOCRAT to replace him. This was key to the Dims getting their (short-lived) majority after Jim Jeffords changed to an Independent.

Of course Psychoblues has no recollection of this.

P.S. Prayers for Sen. Johnson's speedy recovery

Libtards?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Senator Johnson isnt a person to these people. He is a means to an end. They couldn't care less whether he lives or dies as long as Democrats remain in control of the Senate. I wish I could say that they would wish him good health if the politics was reversed.. but sadly I cant. I dont have any hope there.

Boy oh boy, did you hit it right on the head........

Johnson is their ticket to having the power. If they could roll him into the chambers with drool running out of his mouth, and in a totally vegetative state, they'd do it to hold their power-base.

Johnson's quality of life is not the Demo's concerns....just his place counted-for in the Senate. Tie a string to his arm, and let someone pull his arm up when the "yeah" vote is needed.

I love how the right is using Tim Johnson's illness as some sort of twisted means to declaring the left doesn't care about his life.

I love how the right is using Tim Johnson's illness as some sort of twisted means to declaring the left doesn't care about his life.

Your the folks that fonch at the bit to disconnect life support as quick as possible, or push for third tri-mester abortions.

So how should we interpret a very sick man(Johnson's condition), as it is being used as a pivotal point in holding onto a Congressional powerbase. "The end justifies the means.". Isn't some Clache' statement. It is alive and well when it comes to the value of life both with many in positions or potential positions of U.S. political influence and power.

You seem to be missing the point altogether. The left only cares about his life because its important to keep the majority. And that is sick and wrong.

If they actually cared about how he was their focus wouldnt be their power.

LOL. One of the first times I read about this gentleman's illness was a post on a board that basically stated...

"Rs salivating to gain control of the Senate..."

And the post was by a lefty who was paranoid that he might drop and they would lose control. Truly, the left has spent a ton of energy worrying about losing control rather than worrying about this person. It's almost like he was a robot or some other non-life entity that they could discard at need so long as there was power.

Every post on that site from a righty was hoping for his recovery. The converse effect was rather disquieting.

Let's calm down, lads. Of COURSE there are always going to be people who secretly hope that someone else lives or dies to preserve their own power - or illusion of power as the case may be. But to suggest that there are wide swaths of the population who feel that way is just sophistry.

The POINT, which everyone seems to have missed so far, is that medical science has arrived at a point where such devasting health calamities can be dealt with and the patient can expect a return to something approaching normalcy. We see this on the battlefield, where many, many more wounded soldiers survive than in any military conflict previously.

Most of you are probably unaware of the situation involving a race driver by the name of Christiano DeMatta. His race car struck a deer at approximately 160 mph in Wisconsin during testing last year. His head and helmet apparently took the brunt of the impact. Doctors actually removed the top of his cranium to allow his injured brain to expand beyond the limits of the skull. He was placed in a medically induced coma to allow time for his brain to heal. Eventually, the medicos replaced the top of his skull after the swelling subsided. He is, to all indications, darn near normal and may actually drive a race car again THIS YEAR! Such a result was simply unthinkable just a few short years ago.

So, three cheers for the medical profession and may the Republic endure.

You guys could really benefit from less time spent calling down fire and brimstone upon people and more time spent listening to what someone else is saying.

That's just my opinion, of course. And as the saying goes, opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one. But I'm a registered user, I can post what I want, you can't stop me, so THERE! :razz:

Enjoy your day, gentlemen.

I never hoped for the man's demise or even that he resign. However, he's out of the Senate at best, for a very long time, so 'splendidly' is not a word I expect his family would use:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/20070103-1324-johnson.html

...His long-term prognosis is unclear. Dr. Vivek Deshmukh, head of Johnson's surgical team, said in a statement that the tangle, called arteriovenous malformation, appears to be gone and the senator “continues to be responsive to both his family and physicians – following commands, squeezing his wife's hand, and understanding speech.”

The statement from Johnson's office said the senator had developed fluid in his lungs as a consequence of the initial hemorrhage and has been on a ventilator to assist in his breathing.

“His breathing has steadily improved and now he only requires ventilator assistance at night,” said Deshmukh.

The statement said his overall medical condition has improved steadily. “The next phase of his recovery is expected to take several months and focus upon rehabilitation and physical therapy,” according to the statement....

This more recent story demonstrates that he has a long way to go, my prayers are with him and his family:

http://www.localnewswatch.com/benton/stories/index.php?action=fullnews&id=42734

Sen. Tim Johnson out of intensive care
Staff and agencies
13 January, 2007

By MARY CLARE JALONICK, Associated Press Writer Thu Jan 11, 5:15 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Sen. Tim Johnson (, , ) has been transferred out of intensive care and has said some words, his doctor said Thursday, nearly a month after the South Dakota Democrat suffered a brain hemorrhage.

"This is confirmed by the fact that he is following commands and has started to say words," Deshmukh said in a statement released by Johnson‘s office.

Johnson‘s doctors have said that when he arrived at the hospital, he was feeling weakness on his right side, and that condition will require physical therapy.

"It is clear that he understands that people are introducing themselves, he is looking at name badges to try and associate it with the person, he is saying words and responding to commands," she said. "It‘s clear the electricity is on and the system is humming." ...

Wouldn't it just chap the Dems collective asses if upon spending this time recovering he was blessed with a new perspective on life and would come out of the hospital commited to doing the right thing which would mean he would have to switch parties?
...then you would see what the Dimwitocrats really think.

Wouldn't it just chap the Dems collective asses if upon spending this time recovering he was blessed with a new perspective on life and would come out of the hospital commited to doing the right thing which would mean he would have to switch parties?

Too true. Seriously, I hope he can recover though it looks like a real long road from being able to recognize people and what's said to the world's largest debating chamber.

Not likely. With a stroke and the resultant loss of brain cells.....

Thought maybe we should bump this thread in memory of Sen. Craig Thomas.

RIP - may God bring solace to your friends and family, and protect them from the Democrats screeching about this "great opportunity" that has been presented to them with your passing.

Maybe they'll pick up another seat!

Check out this gem from one of the sick fucks at DU:

depakid said:
Plenty of people with empathy would wish he and his all of the suffering that their purposeful actions have wrought on others.

So pardon my crocodile tears....

http://www.democraticunderground.co...sg&forum=102&topic_id=2869734&mesg_id=2869766

Totally digusting... But par for the course with liberals. We're talking about a man who passed away yesterday, and all they see is the political angle.

Liberals have lost their humanity.

Read through this thread again, guys. When Tim Johnson has his close call, our side had nothing but nice things to say about him. It was the other side that immediately started worrying about losing their party's slim majority... And accusing us of wishing ill on him. Don't believe me? Read the OP.

Forum List

Back