Senator Richard Black on Syria and Libya

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
OK first let me say that I first learned of Senator Richard Black Some six years ago or so. The man was a war hero and unlike a lot of fake politicians he served in the military... he didn’t try to avoid his time because of some phony issue or something else. We’re talking about a guy who put over 30 years in the military a man who flew or engaged in the hundreds of dangerous combat missions in the Vietnam War.

Long story short senator black was against removing Gaddafi from Libya and he is also for the Assad government in Syria. He says that both governments champion secularism and that Syria is the country with the best rights for women in the Arab world. Senator black even travel to Syria to meet with President Assad during the Syrian Civil War. A time when ISIL members were trying to destroy the will of the Syrian people. Now I suppose some people have said well not all of this year and rebels were ISIL but that’s a really controversial thing and a lot of those folks or ISIL lite meaning the shared a lot in common with the ISIL people.

According to wiki Senator black also had some controversial views on LGBT issues and abortion. But one this is Wikipedia and two this has long been a part of American politics. There are situations where we can agree with somebody on one position but disagree with him on another and I seem to find myself in this camp when it comes to disagreeing with Mr. blacks position and LGBT rights but looking at what he says about Syria and Libya and saying this man might be onto something. Because let me tell you something I champion the Syrian Arab woman the proud Syrian Arab man and women who serve their military and who fucked against the ISIL criminals who wanna cut their heads off of women. Who want to tell the Syrian people how they can live their lives. And I think there’s something right with that. It is right it is morally righteous and it is in line with my Christian teaching to stand up for Syrian Muslims and Christians who fight together as brothers and sisters against the brutal beasts that are ISIL.

“He was born near his mother’s farm in Maryland. He and Barbara have been married for 42 years. They have three children and 14 grandchildren.

Dicks-Wedding.jpg

He enlisted in the Marines in 1963. By age 21, Black became a second lieutenant and was among the Marines’ youngest aircraft carrier-qualified pilots. He flew 269 combat helicopter missions in Vietnam.
Ground fire struck his aircraft on four different occasions.

Black also engaged in bitter ground combat with the 1st Marine Regiment. His radiomen were killed and he was wounded during an attack against enemy positions across the Hoi An River. Black served in small-unit actions where two fellow Marines–PFC Gary Martini and SSgt. Jimmie Howard–won the Medal of Honor. While in office, he was the only member of the Virginia General Assembly who held the Purple Heart Medal for wounds received in battle.”

OK first let me say that I first learned of Senator Richard Black Some six years ago or so. The man was a war hero and unlike a lot of fake politicians he served in the military... he didn’t try to avoid his time because of some phony issue or something else. We’re talking about a guy who put over 30 years in the military a man who flew or engaged in the hundreds of dangerous combat missions in the Vietnam War.

Long story short senator black was against removing Gaddafi from Libya and he is also for the Assad government in Syria. He says that both governments champion secularism and that Syria is the country with the best rights for women in the Arab world. Senator black even travel to Syria to meet with President Assad during the Syrian Civil War. A time when ISIL members were trying to destroy the will of the Syrian people. Now I suppose some people have said well not all of this year and rebels were ISIL but that’s a really controversial thing and a lot of those folks or ISIL lite meaning the shared a lot in common with the ISIL people.

According to wiki Senator black also had some controversial views on LGBT issues and abortion. But one this is Wikipedia and two this has long been a part of American politics. There are situations where we can agree with somebody on one position but disagree with him on another and I seem to find myself in this camp when it comes to disagreeing with Mr. blacks position and LGBT rights but looking at what he says about Syria and Libya and saying this man might be onto something. Because let me tell you something I champion the Syrian Arab woman the proud Syrian Arab man and women who serve their military and who fucked against the ISIL criminals who wanna cut their heads off of women. Who want to tell the Syrian people how they can live their lives. And I think there’s something right with that. It is right it is morally righteous and it is in line with my Christian teaching to stand up for Syrian Muslims and Christians who fight together as brothers and sisters against the brutal beasts that are ISIL.
There was no way to keep Gaddafi in power short of a huge occupation force.. and Syria failed in 2005. What did Black do in the military?

And here’s a video where Senator Black discusses meeting with President Assad of Syria as well as his thoughts on Libya.

And so I should also say I am not some sort of an expert on Senator Black. I probably know as much about this man as perhaps a lot of folks on this board.

I wish the people of Syria and Libya the best and I am open minded when it comes to issues in the Arab world.... and I know full well from what happened in Iraq that the people of Iraq suffered tremendously from Saddam Hussein being ousted from the country. So when we look at people like Gaddafi and Assad...maybe those folks are the best for those countries in this time period in history? Gaddafi is gone but Assad is still around so what do folks think?

There was no way to keep Gaddafi in power short of a huge occupation force.. and Syria failed in 2005. What did Black do in the military?
He was in the Vietnam war. He was in the US Marine corps and then later served in the JAG. So I read he was involved in many many very dangerous military operations...

And here’s a video where Senator Black discusses meeting with President Assad of Syria as well as his thoughts on Libya.

And so I should also say I am at some sort of an expert on Senator Black. I probably know as much about this man is perhaps a lot of folks on this board too. I wish the people of Syria and Libya the best but I am open minded when it comes to issues in the Arab world and I know full well from what happened in Iraq that the people of Iraq suffered tremendously from Saddam Hussein being ousted from the country. So when we look at people like Gaddafi and Assad...maybe those folks are the best for those countries in this time period in history? Gaddafi is gone but Assad is still around so what do folks think?

ISIS went into Syria months after civil war broke out because Assad arrested and tortured the schoolboys.

He seems pretty ignorant about Gaddafi and Assad.
Some have that opinion but others would not.

What about the Al-Qaeda type fanatics they don’t have a right to enforce their views on secular Arabs.

I know somebody from Iraq who said that Saddam Hussein was a much better leader for the Iraqi country than what we have today. And he is here in America. I seem to get this from some Arabs in Libya and Syria as well when it comes to their leaders.

He seems pretty ignorant about Gaddafi and Assad.
But black has over 30 years in the US military service. He has over 20 years in political service..... How does he know more or less compared to some other politician?

Some have that opinion but others would not.

What about the Al-Qaeda type fanatics they don’t have a right to enforce their views on secular Arabs.

I know somebody from Iraq who said that Saddam Hussein was a much better leader for the Iraqi country than what we have today. And he is here in America. I seem to get this from some Arabs in Libya and Syria as well when it comes to their leaders.
I lived in Tripoli. Gaddafi was very much like Trump and the Libyans hated him. He was grandiose and had no education. He took credit for the programs King Idris set up and threw out the Idris constitution which was enlightened. He doesn't know that Bashir Assad isn't in control. His younger brother is in charge and he's as ruthless as Hayfez was. He'd kill Bashir if he stepped down.

Saddam Hussein was better.

“He was born near his mother’s farm in Maryland. He and Barbara have been married for 42 years. They have three children and 14 grandchildren.

Dicks-Wedding.jpg

He enlisted in the Marines in 1963. By age 21, Black became a second lieutenant and was among the Marines’ youngest aircraft carrier-qualified pilots. He flew 269 combat helicopter missions in Vietnam.
Ground fire struck his aircraft on four different occasions.

Black also engaged in bitter ground combat with the 1st Marine Regiment. His radiomen were killed and he was wounded during an attack against enemy positions across the Hoi An River. Black served in small-unit actions where two fellow Marines–PFC Gary Martini and SSgt. Jimmie Howard–won the Medal of Honor. While in office, he was the only member of the Virginia General Assembly who held the Purple Heart Medal for wounds received in battle.”

Sad. He doesn't know anything about Libya or Syria.

I lived in Tripoli. Gaddafi was very much like Trump and the Libyans hated him. He was grandiose and had no education. He took credit for the programs King Idris set up and threw out the Idris constitution which was enlightened. He doesn't know that Bashir Assad isn't in control. His younger brother is in charge and he's as ruthless as Hayfez was. He'd kill Bashir if he stepped down.

Saddam Hussein was better.
What did people in your part of the Arab world in the 1980s feel about Saddam Hussein compared to the 1990s. ? Did the Iran war galvanize Arabs all over to support Iraq?

Were the Iraqi people and the city of Baghdad the center of the Arab world during the 1980s?

Forum List

Back