Senator Bill Cassidy (R-Louisiana) after CBO score: If you wanted a plan to wreck the economy, I'm not sure you could do better than Build Back Better

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

here is the key quote:

The budget office said more aggressive IRS enforcement could bring in $207 billion over a decade, reducing the deficit by $127 billion. The White House has estimated revenues closer to $480 billion, however, reducing the deficit by $400 billion. The discrepancy doesn’t seem likely to endanger support from price-wary centrists. And if the administration’s estimate bears itself out, it could bolster Democrats’ arguments that the bill is “paid for.”

“This idea that we're going to pay for it by going after tax cheats — based on long experience, CBO says that is not true,” Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) said. “So if we're worried about inflation, just intuitively to me, pumping more money into this economy is going to increase the risk of stagflation. If you wanted a plan to wreck the economy, I'm not sure you could do better than that."

The left wants to break the nation in pieces so they can put us back together their way...yes you should be very afraid...because no one has the balls to stop them....

here is the key quote:

The budget office said more aggressive IRS enforcement could bring in $207 billion over a decade, reducing the deficit by $127 billion. The White House has estimated revenues closer to $480 billion, however, reducing the deficit by $400 billion. The discrepancy doesn’t seem likely to endanger support from price-wary centrists. And if the administration’s estimate bears itself out, it could bolster Democrats’ arguments that the bill is “paid for.”

“This idea that we're going to pay for it by going after tax cheats — based on long experience, CBO says that is not true,” Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) said. “So if we're worried about inflation, just intuitively to me, pumping more money into this economy is going to increase the risk of stagflation. If you wanted a plan to wreck the economy, I'm not sure you could do better than that."
When you increase the IRS agents, you have to increase the support personnel for those agents, so you end up not with 80,000 but over 340,000 new IRS employees, who dont do shit other than surf the internet and once in a while copy and paste a document. The biggest waste of taxes by the government is the PORK that sits in government.

1637284269276.png

Does the CBO predict annual growth in this? Predicting 4% growth when having 2% growth is a real negative if taxes are derived from this.

Forum List

Back