Senate Retirements

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
Barbara Mikulski in Maryland just announced her retirement today, which brings the known retirements up to two for 2016, and three all the way through to 2018 (the other two being Barbara Boxer in 2016, and Orin Hatch in 2018).

There are a number of other Senators I would wager have at least a good chance of announcing retirement sometime soon (even if they've already said they're running)

David Vitter, LA - He's only 53, but most likely will run for LA governor to replace term limited Jindal.

Chuck Grassley, IA - He's 81 fricking years old...time to call it a day dude. He's said he's running but I'm skeptical.

Diane Feinstein, CA - Same thing, 81 years old, and in 2018 when her term ends she'll be 85. This is her last term, we all know it.

Richard Shelby, AL- 80 years old, and also he's from a solid, solid red state, so there's not much threat. I'm expecting an announcement from the former Democrat sometime soon.

John McCain, AZ - 78 years old. He's a trooper, but I'm thinking now that he's kind of become an outsider he might consider leaving politics. It's likely the establishment figures will pressure him to stay similar to Thad Cochran in 2014.

Patrick Leahy, VT - 74 years old. He's been in the Senate 40 flipping years and it's time for him to go. Coming from solid blue Vermont this hardly will make much of a difference.

Of course this could be off since in 2014 Inhofe, Cochran, and Roberts were all reelected and they're all old as dirt. Maybe 80 is the new 50...?

Last edited:
Barbara Mikulski in Maryland just announced her retirement today, which brings the known retirements up to two for 2016, and three all the way through to 2018 (the other two being Barbara Boxer in 2016, and Orin Hatch in 2018).

There are a number of other Senators I would wager have at least a good chance of announcing retirement sometime soon (even if they've already said they're running)

David Vitter, LA - He's only 53, but most likely will run for LA governor to replace term limited Jindal.

Chuck Grassley, IA - He's 81 fricking years old...time to call it a day dude. He's said he's running but I'm skeptical.

Diane Feinstein, CA - Same thing, 81 years old, and in 2018 when her term ends she'll be 85. This is her last term, we all know it.

Richard Shelby, AL- 80 years old, and also he's from a solid, solid red state, so there's not much threat. I'm expecting an announcement from the former Democrat sometime soon.

John McCain, AZ - 78 years old. He's a trooper, but I'm thinking now that he's kind of become an outsider he might consider leaving politics. It's likely the establishment figures will pressure him to stay similar to Thad Cochran in 2014.

Patrick Leahy, VT - 74 years old. He's been in the Senate 40 flipping years and it's time for him to go. Coming from solid blue Vermont this hardly will make much of difference.

Of course this could be off since in 2014 Inhofe, Cochran, and Roberts were all reelected and they're all old as dirt. Maybe 80 is the new 50...?
I have a gut feeling Vitter and Jindal exchange jobs.

Yo, John McCain won`t be missed, he is Left of center, bye, and don`t let the door hit you on the azz!!!

"GTP"

Attachments

• o-CLINTONS-JOHN-MCCAIN-facebook.jpg
    o-CLINTONS-JOHN-MCCAIN-facebook.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 79
  • lieberman_and_mccain_kissing_cousins_in_connecticut.jpg
    lieberman_and_mccain_kissing_cousins_in_connecticut.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 71
  • usa-immigration-mccain-schumer.jpg
    usa-immigration-mccain-schumer.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 88

Forum List