Senate Republicans call on Twitter, Facebook bosses to testify amid censorship claims, say subpoena in works

Too little too late. They should have dropped the hammer last time. Those who wish to destroy what made America so cherished, have little interest in abiding now. Fooled again it seems.

Senate Republicans call on Twitter, Facebook bosses to testify amid censorship claims, say subpoena in works
Republican Sens. Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and Josh Hawley on Thursday called on the heads of Twitter and Facebook to testify, and said a subpoena was in the works, as critics claimed the social media platforms have been censoring reporting critical of Democrats.

“This is election interference and we're 19 days out from an election,” Cruz, R-Texas, said. “It has no precedent in the history of democracy. The Senate Judiciary Committee wants to know what the hell is going on.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee leaders announced they will vote on a subpoena Tuesday for Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, to testify before the committee on Friday, Oct. 23. Hawley said he hoped the committee would also vote to subpoena Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg too.

The action comes as both Twitter and Facebook took steps to stop the widespread dissemination of an explosive New York Port report this week that purports to show emails from Hunter Biden linking his father his Ukraine business dealings.

Republicans blasted the social media platforms for censorship and implied the tech giants were in cahoots with the Biden campaign to suppress a negative story.
It's getting harder and harder for the mainstream press to bury this without losing what little credibility they have left, which sets a very, very dangerous precedent.

Last edited:
Too little too late. They should have dropped the hammer last time. Those who wish to destroy what made America so cherished, have little interest in abiding now. Fooled again it seems.

Republican Sens. Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and Josh Hawley on Thursday called on the heads of Twitter and Facebook to testify, and said a subpoena was in the works, as critics claimed the social media platforms have been censoring reporting critical of Democrats.

“This is election interference and we're 19 days out from an election,” Cruz, R-Texas, said. “It has no precedent in the history of democracy. The Senate Judiciary Committee wants to know what the hell is going on.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee leaders announced they will vote on a subpoena Tuesday for Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, to testify before the committee on Friday, Oct. 23. Hawley said he hoped the committee would also vote to subpoena Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg too.

The action comes as both Twitter and Facebook took steps to stop the widespread dissemination of an explosive New York Port report this week that purports to show emails from Hunter Biden linking his father his Ukraine business dealings.

Republicans blasted the social media platforms for censorship and implied the tech giants were in cahoots with the Biden campaign to suppress a negative story.
It's getting harder and harder for the mainstream press to bury this without losing what little credibility they have left, which sets a very, very dangerous precedent.
Credibility ? The liberal media has absolutely none left. NONE.

Any business that dares defy Trump should be punished severely.
[/QUOTE]
No that's the demoncrats way of doing things. You have a short memory concerning all that Obama threatened when he was president don't you ? It was one thing after another with that guy. That's why the country was fed up with the demon-crats, and still are today.

No that's the demoncrats way of doing things. You have a short mememo
No that's the demoncrats way of doing things. You have a short memory concerning all that Obama threatened when he was president don't you ? It was one thing after another with that guy. That's why the country was fed up with the demon-crats, and still are today.

Obama who?

The main thing is that government should take over social media and force them to appease the Trumpsters!

Obama who?

The main thing is that government should take over social media and force them to appease the Trumpsters!
No, not take it over, but just deal with it's criminal activity by sanctioning them for it. There should be levers to pull.

Obama who?

No, not take it over, but just deal with it's criminal activity by sanctioning them for it. There should be levers to pull.
Of course. My bad. I meant "regulate". Levers to pull. As long as the state is calling the shots. Trump uber alles.

Obama who?

Of course. My bad. I meant "regulate". Levers to pull. As long as the state is calling the shots. Trump uber alles.
Don't tell me that you are against some regulation's now. I'm against regs when they are used wrongfully, but when platforms like these big platforms begin abusing their power, then I'm for hitting them back for the people.

Obama who?

Don't tell me that you are against some regulation's now. I'm against regs when they are used wrongfully, but when platforms like these big platforms begin abusing their power, then I'm for hitting them back for the people.
Sure. "It's different when we do it."

Same shit, different statist.

Forum List

Back