Senate passes debt ceiling deal, staving off default

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Debt ceiling passed! If only the center would wield the power it has...and dis-empower the fringies"

The Senate on Thursday night passed legislation to lift the nation's debt ceiling and stave off what would've been an economically disastrous default days before Monday's deadline.
The final vote was 63-36.
The bill will now go to President Joe Biden's desk for his signature.
Biden heralded the Senate vote passing the budget agreement as a "big win" for the economy.
Noting the bipartisan nature of the vote, Biden said, "Together, they demonstrated once more that America is a nation that pays its bills and meets its obligations -- and always will be. I want to thank Leader [Chuck] Schumer and Leader [Mitch] McConnell for quickly passing the bill."

"No one gets everything they want in a negotiation, but make no mistake: This bipartisan agreement is a big win for our economy and the American people," the president added.
Biden said he looks forward to signing the bill as soon as possible, and that he will address the American people directly Friday.

Debt ceiling passed! If only the center would wield the power it has...and dis-empower the fringies"

The Senate on Thursday night passed legislation to lift the nation's debt ceiling and stave off what would've been an economically disastrous default days before Monday's deadline.
The final vote was 63-36.
The bill will now go to President Joe Biden's desk for his signature.
Biden heralded the Senate vote passing the budget agreement as a "big win" for the economy.
Noting the bipartisan nature of the vote, Biden said, "Together, they demonstrated once more that America is a nation that pays its bills and meets its obligations -- and always will be. I want to thank Leader [Chuck] Schumer and Leader [Mitch] McConnell for quickly passing the bill."

"No one gets everything they want in a negotiation, but make no mistake: This bipartisan agreement is a big win for our economy and the American people," the president added.
Biden said he looks forward to signing the bill as soon as possible, and that he will address the American people directly Friday.
great,, dumping more debt on future generations,,

I am sure our children appreciate the help,,

The Senate on Thursday night passed legislation to lift the nation's debt ceiling

So really, if this deal is such a GOOD thing, then we really owe it to the SENATE, and the GOP-Controlled HOUSE which actually wrote the bill, not Joe Biden, who is the last to see it and still yet to sign it into law!

THANK YOU CONGRESS for saving the US from going into default.

So really, if this deal is such a GOOD thing, then we really owe it to the SENATE, and the GOP-Controlled HOUSE which actually wrote the bill, not Joe Biden, who is the last to see it and still yet to sign it into law!

I dont consider dumping more debt on our children as a good thing,, better to default now and fix the problem,,

Between the two parties it was pretty much a split down the middle on the wants and gots column.

I dont consider dumping more debt on our children as a good thing,, better to default now and fix the problem,,

Well, no, because either way, we still have to pay the interest, and if we defaulted, not only would we weaken and crash the US Dollar globally (making your money immediately less valuable), but it would INCREASE the interest payments still due!

And as it is, the interest on the debt alone already costs us as much as operating the PENTAGON.

What we have to do is CUT SPENDING and start PAYING DOWN THE DEBT.

But thanks for the nice red thumbs down.

Well, no, because either way, we still have to pay the interest, and if we defaulted, not only would we weaken and crash the US Dollar globally (making your money immediately less valuable), but it would INCREASE the interest payments still due!

And as it is, the interest on the debt alone already costs us as much as operating the PENTAGON.

What we have to do is CUT SPENDING and start PAYING DOWN THE DEBT.

But thanks for the nice red thumbs down.
so the solution is to make it worse,,

thats called insanity,,

no wonder gen z and millennials hate boomers and old people so much,,

better to default and do a restructure that does hard cuts up to 60-80%,,,

I would tell the fed reserve to fuck off since they were supposed to be a stabilizing factor and all theyve done is fuck us up the ass and get rich in the process,,

As I said we would do from the beginning. Politics have become so transparent. Nothing more than a big show put on by bad actors.

I was reading about this earlier and something caught my eye.

The final count was 63-36. There were 17 Republicans opposed and four Democrats who voted against it.

So who were the other 15 people that voted against it?

Senate passes debt ceiling bill to avert US default

New Topics

Forum List

Back