Senate Passes Anti-Asian American Hate Crime Bill

My "The Hill" Article About Anti-Asian Discrimination on Left and Right
The article shows how the left and right-wing versions of hostility to Asians have much in common.

". . .For their part, many conservatives have highlighted the growing trend of elite universities and high schools seeking to reduce the percentage of Asian-Americans in their student bodies. This type of anti-Asian discrimination is primarily driven by left-wing public officials and university administrators.

Lost in this partisan war of words is the reality that both the right and left-wing versions of anti-Asian bigotry deserve condemnation. The two rest on similar flawed foundations and perpetrate similar injustices….

While superficially different, left- and right-wing versions of anti-Asian discrimination actually have much in common. Both rely on crude ethnic generalizations about a highly diverse group. Lumping such different groups as Chinese, Japanese, Indians, and Filipinos into a single category — as school and university administrators routinely do — makes no sense under either the "diversity" or compensatory justice rationales offered to justify racial preferences in education. Among other things, it ignores the fact that many Asian-American groups themselves have historically been victims of discrimination. The same goes for right-wing tendencies to paint Chinese immigrants and students as a threat to our culture and national security — a generalization that ignores the fact that many of them are here precisely because they wish to escape the repressive policies of the Chinese government. In these instances, both right and left judge Asians by the color of their skin and their racial and ethnic ancestry, not
by the "content of their character."

An Elite Public High School Changed Its Admissions Standards To Reduce the Asian-American Student Population
In the name of helping racial minorities, officials are adopting a plan that would boost whites at the expense of Asian Americans.

This school needs to be sued into oblivion.

I'm so not surprised the trump people don't support this.

There was only one Senator to vote against this bill.

josh hawley.

All the other Senators voted for it, including the republicans.

The bill is not a solution to anything.

It creates a better reporting database for hate crimes against asian americans across the country. That's already better than what they had before, which was nothing. It will make it easier, supposedly, to identify and prosecute hate crimes. I think that's the gist of it.

I support this bill and look forward to Biden signing it into law.

I'm also sad that we need to have this law. Why can't people just live and let live?

Why must violence be the answer to everything with some people?

How about a bill against Anti-Christian hate crimes?

That's more of a problem- liberals trashtalking "Christers" and sexual normalcy, instead of the rare idea of an "Anti Asian" hate crime.

Here we go again ^ It's a Trump lie you're repeating and it's a beauty that I guess dates all the way back to Billo "the clown" O'Reilly. The War on Christmas and all that jazz that idiots like Hannity continue to spew and Donald kicked up to an ELEVEN in volume.

There is no war on Christmas. There is no war on Christians. You are free to worship as you please. But spare us the poor white Christian nonsense. Especially white Christian men, the worst whiners of all. Y'all have it SOOOO bad in this country! :rolleyes-41:

oreilly-war-on-christmas.jpg

I'm also sad that we need to have this law. Why can't people just live and let live?

How about a bill against Anti-Christian hate crimes?

That's more of a problem- liberals trashtalking "Christers" and sexual normalcy, instead of the rare idea of an "Anti Asian" hate crime.

Here we go again ^ It's a Trump lie you're repeating and it's a beauty that I guess dates all the way back to Billo "the clown" O'Reilly. The War on Christmas and all that jazz that idiots like Hannity continue to spew and Donald kicked up to an ELEVEN in volume.

There is no war on Christmas. There is no war on Christians. You are free to worship as you please. But spare us the poor white Christian nonsense. Especially white Christian men, the worst whiners of all. Y'all have it SOOOO bad in this country! :rolleyes-41:

oreilly-war-on-christmas.jpg

When did anyone just walk up to a christian and beat them up?

When has any christian been afraid to leave their home because they are afraid someone will assault them for being christian?

Some christians have been whining they are so persecuted for so long it's such a load of garbage.

When christians are persecuted, assaulted and even killed for being a christians I might start paying attention to their cries of victimhood.

When did anyone just walk up to a christian and beat them up? NEVER

When has any christian been afraid to leave their home because they are afraid someone will assault them for being christian? NEVER

Some christians have been whining they are so persecuted for so long it's such a load of garbage.

When christians are persecuted, assaulted and even killed for being a christians I might start paying attention to their cries of victimhood.

It has happened in Islamic countries - Not here. But the whining will never end ;)

Ask the black folks who are beating the shit out of Asians for no fucking reason other than that they are Asian.
:dunno:

We should just make beating the shit out of someone illegal across the board.
Yeah, exactly.

So, why do we need this stupid law anyway? Or any "hate crime" law for that matter?
The original conception of hate crimes was reasonable: crimes that were intended to inspire persecution of minorities (burning crosses, lynchings, etc ...)

But like so many things, it's been dumbed down, and the original rationale discarded.

Bah. I can already tell this conversation is headed down the tubes. It's already headed in the same old direction it always does.

Doesn't seem like folks are all to interested in what this legislation actually does. Respectfully speaking.

Proceed without me.
Well isn't it really legislation geared toward preventing black against Asian crime, since blacks are the main perpetrators by statistics?

Black perps will get a pass by Dimm prosecutors in Dimm run shithole cities.

I heard there were 22 instances last year. 22. Do we really need another law on this? It’s already a crime to attack anyone.

Oh, and the vast majority of those attacks were by blacks. Anyone think there will ever be a hate crimes charge against a black person?

You know what would help matters? More cops on the street. That’s the best deterrent to violent crime. I wonder how Asians feel about that idea opposed to the brilliant defund the police idea the democrats are kicking around.
Need more Roof Koreans.

If you look deeper into that data, and look at those table, you will find, that hate crimes directed at Asian Americans amount to around 150 to 200 incident per year. . . and they do not really go up or down.

This will be the same when the 2020 data is finally released, and it will be the same when 2021 is available.

Now. . . in debate or case law, you have to present something called "Prima facie," evidence of a significant harm. In a nation of over 330 million people, a national law protecting just over 200 folks a year is NOT based on a prima facie evidence. It is motivated by politics and phantom shadows.

It is a waste of time meant to divide the masses and distract the public from the corruption that is really going on in D.C.

These are mathematical facts, sorry they do not conform to your emotions.

The issue is NOT about pre-2020. Hate crimes have been increasing since COVID-19 was unleashed on the world by China. Some idiots blame the people HERE for what the Chinese government did in China?

You might want to learn the definition of prima facia evidence. The court considers the prosecutor's case proven that they don't have to prove anything, the defendant has to prove their innocence. Very few cases are based on prima-facia evidence.

Prima-facie-evidence meaning
Evidence adequate to establish a fact or raise a presumption of fact unless refuted.
Yes, but it is used when presenting a CASE in need of action in terms of a legislative agenda.

The folks that have presented this legislative agenda of assumed their evidence, haven't they? :dunno:

All plans of action in legislative arenas are based on cases which either need to prove their harms or rest on prima facie evidence to establish a fact of harm.

Is that not what they are doing?

IS that not what they are doing more and more via propaganda? It is an appeal to emotion, not an analysis of the facts.

What qualifies as a "hate crime?" What are the statistics on this since COVID started?

I find no evidence of need. On top of that, I am having trouble actually locating the bill in question, which is usually not a problem.

Prima facia evidence has nothing, whatsoever to do with legislation. It is used strictly in a court of law.

If you look deeper into that data, and look at those table, you will find, that hate crimes directed at Asian Americans amount to around 150 to 200 incident per year. . . and they do not really go up or down.

This will be the same when the 2020 data is finally released, and it will be the same when 2021 is available.

Now. . . in debate or case law, you have to present something called "Prima facie," evidence of a significant harm. In a nation of over 330 million people, a national law protecting just over 200 folks a year is NOT based on a prima facie evidence. It is motivated by politics and phantom shadows.

It is a waste of time meant to divide the masses and distract the public from the corruption that is really going on in D.C.

The issue is NOT about pre-2020. Hate crimes have been increasing since COVID-19 was unleashed on the world by China. Some idiots blame the people HERE for what the Chinese government did in China?

You might want to learn the definition of prima facia evidence. The court considers the prosecutor's case proven that they don't have to prove anything, the defendant has to prove their innocence. Very few cases are based on prima-facia evidence.

Prima-facie-evidence meaning
Evidence adequate to establish a fact or raise a presumption of fact unless refuted.
Yes, but it is used when presenting a CASE in need of action in terms of a legislative agenda.

The folks that have presented this legislative agenda of assumed their evidence, haven't they? :dunno:

All plans of action in legislative arenas are based on cases which either need to prove their harms or rest on prima facie evidence to establish a fact of harm.

Is that not what they are doing?

IS that not what they are doing more and more via propaganda? It is an appeal to emotion, not an analysis of the facts.

What qualifies as a "hate crime?" What are the statistics on this since COVID started?

I find no evidence of need. On top of that, I am having trouble actually locating the bill in question, which is usually not a problem.

Prima facia evidence has nothing, whatsoever to do with legislation. It is used strictly in a court of law.

When did anyone just walk up to a christian and beat them up?

When has any christian been afraid to leave their home because they are afraid someone will assault them for being christian?

So, to you, the only form of persecution is physical assault. How amusing.

MONDAY, MAY 02, 2016
7 Signs That America Declared War on Christianity
By Michael Brown, CP Op-Ed Contributor

Now if we can only get them to pass an
Anti-American hate crime bill, then we'd be getting somewhere.
View attachment 482790

So you're saying Asian-Americans aren't "Americans"?

I'm all for an anti-Black American hate crimes bill too. Also Hispanic Americans. White Americans, not so much. Not until they stop committing hate crimes against non-whites.

I suggest to all the trump people who hate this bill, to not vote for their republican senators when they are up for reelection.

They voted for and are responsible for this legislation becoming law.
It isn't just Trump folks that see through this, it is people that see this as a virtue signal, INTELLIGENT people that are not conditioned by propaganda.

I looked into the statistics.

Here, this is from 2018;

Hate crime stats. FOR ALL HATE CRIME.

"In 2018, 16,039 law enforcement agencies participated in the Hate Crime Statistics Program. Of these agencies, 2,026 reported 7,120 hate crime incidents involving 8,496 offenses. (See Tables 1 and 12.) "

And? Here it is for 2019;

Hate crime stats. FOR ALL HATE CRIME.

"In 2019, 15,588 law enforcement agencies participated in the Hate Crime Statistics Program. Of these agencies, 2,172 reported 7,314 hate crime incidents involving 8,559 offenses. (See Tables 1 and 12.)"

That was a lovely and very condescending rant on your behalf but seriously light on FACTS. You've used statistics from 2018 and 2019, BEFORE Covid19 and the total vilification of China by Donald Trump and his referring to Covid as the "China Virus", and Trump's endless false accusations of Chinese interference from the election.

Here's a report from the BBC which says there were more than 2800 reported incidents of hate crimes against Asian-Americans last year, and cases are up more than 150% this year:

"The advocacy group Stop AAPI Hate said it received more than 2,800 reports of hate incidents directed at Asian Americans nationwide last year. The group set up its online self-reporting tool at the start of the pandemic."

Covid 'hate crimes' against Asian Americans on rise

And this from the Voice of America:

Of course the data in 2019 and prior is vastly different from that of 2020 and 2021. That's why this law is being passed NOW.

Now if we can only get them to pass an
Anti-American hate crime bill, then we'd be getting somewhere.
View attachment 482790

So you're saying Asian-Americans aren't "Americans"?

I'm all for an anti-Black American hate crimes bill too. Also Hispanic Americans. White Americans, not so much. Not until they stop committing hate crimes against non-whites.
Is it a hate crime when a black kills a white?

Forum List

Back