Senate Democrats Block Amendment to Restore Military Pensions

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Again..... Anybody else as shocked as I am?

:lmao:

Harry Reid Blocks GOP Attempt To Restore Military Pension Cuts…

Reid1-548x234.jpg

Evil little troll.

Via Free Beacon:

Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked a Republican attempt to restore military pensions cut in last month’s budget deal, denying a vote that would save up to $20 billion by closing a loophole that allows tax refunds to go to illegal aliens.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.) called an effort by Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R., N.H.) to repeal the military retiree cuts “fiddling while Rome burns.”

Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) “filled the amendment tree” on Thursday, ending debate and blocking any Republican amendments to a bill to extend unemployment insurance (UI) benefits.

Among them was Ayotte’s measure, which would repeal cuts to military pensions by ending a loophole in the tax code that allows illegal immigrants to receive the Additional Child Tax Credit. Her attempt to get a vote failed 42-54, with only one Democrat, Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.), voting with Republicans.

“It’s a sad day when a common sense amendment to responsibly pay for legislation that helps struggling Americans, repeals unfair military retirement benefits and reduces the deficit can’t even get a vote in the Senate,” Ayotte said in a statement.

Edge:

Someday.

Someday.

I hope I'm around to see it but...... Someday

Again..... Anybody else as shocked as I am?

:lmao:

Harry Reid Blocks GOP Attempt To Restore Military Pension Cuts…

Reid1-548x234.jpg

Evil little troll.

Via Free Beacon:

Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked a Republican attempt to restore military pensions cut in last month’s budget deal, denying a vote that would save up to $20 billion by closing a loophole that allows tax refunds to go to illegal aliens.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.) called an effort by Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R., N.H.) to repeal the military retiree cuts “fiddling while Rome burns.”

Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) “filled the amendment tree” on Thursday, ending debate and blocking any Republican amendments to a bill to extend unemployment insurance (UI) benefits.

Among them was Ayotte’s measure, which would repeal cuts to military pensions by ending a loophole in the tax code that allows illegal immigrants to receive the Additional Child Tax Credit. Her attempt to get a vote failed 42-54, with only one Democrat, Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.), voting with Republicans.

“It’s a sad day when a common sense amendment to responsibly pay for legislation that helps struggling Americans, repeals unfair military retirement benefits and reduces the deficit can’t even get a vote in the Senate,” Ayotte said in a statement.

Edge:

Someday.

Someday.

I hope I'm around to see it but...... Someday

Democrats don't believe in compromise by cutting a BS program to fund one that deserves funding. Harry Reid is playing the same game with extending UE benefits. Just borrow the money and spend it is all they know. God help us if they retain control of the Senate much longer.

Well there you have it. Not only did they stall the veterans benefits, they also stalled the unemployment benefits they wanted to pass "with no strings attached." Sorry liberals, you've lost all credibility when it comes claiming you care about the less fortunate or those who are unemployed. And don't look now, our nation as a whole created all of 74,000 jobs. You could fit that many people in Sanford Stadium (which holds 92,746 people on any given Saturday in the fall here in Athens) with 18,746 seats left over.

Well there you have it. Not only did they stall the veterans benefits, they also stalled the unemployment benefits they wanted to pass "with no strings attached." Sorry liberals, you've lost all credibility when it comes claiming you care about the less fortunate or those who are unemployed. And don't look now, our nation as a whole created all of 74,000 jobs. You could fit that many people in Sanford Stadium (which holds 92,746 people on any given Saturday in the fall here in Athens) with 18,746 seats left over.

Did they stall the UE benefits extension as well? Is that how you read it?

I honestly don't know.

Hey, they need the money for their voters. Generally, military, current and retired, aren't Dem voters. Illegals are. Anyone with their hand out votes Dem, so they need billions for the illegal aliens, welfare and extra extended UE benefits.

This is how Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING SINCE 2/2010- RIDICULOUS IDEOLOGY THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE, INCREDIBLE PHONY CRISES THAT COST AT LEAST 0.6 growth each time....Pub dupes...Pubs putting party over country as always. OP= BS

65 PER CENT OF ILLEGALS PAY TAXES, 35 PER CENT own homes, thanks to Pub refusal of a good SS/ID card FOREVER. tHIS BILL WAS A HATEFUL JOKE, for hater dupes only.

Last edited:
65 PER CENT OF ILLEGALS PAY TAXES, 35 PER CENT own homes, thanks to Pub refusal of a good SS/ID card FOREVER. tHIS BILL WAS A HATEFUL JOKE, for hater dupes only.

thanks to Pub refusal of a good SS/ID card

Frankie....SHUT THE FUCK UP.....you and this fucking bullshit ID Card....if it worked dont you think California would have done it by now?.....but they havent,and i told you why....but im willing to bet you will blame it on Republicans for the State not having it....not the real reason....read my sig you dumbass dem dupe....

Forum List

Back