Senate conservatives led by Senator Cruz set to filibuster any Democratic attempt to raise debt limit

Cruz always wants to stop it. When a Democrat is in the White House. When a Republican is in Cruz is a certain yes vote on any spending. That’s my point. His born again fiscal conservative is nothing but more hypocrisy.
but that’s not true…moreover hard to compare since nobody from the GOP asked for a spending bill this massive

Not sure when the last Democratic filibuster was, but the last republican one was the last time legislation was proposed. A d the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that...

Its not like this is anything new, the republican party is the party of "NO".
correct the dems haven’t done one since trying to stop Civil Rights legislation. That seems to be the only thing they had any major issue with.

not nearly this big

but yes it was big, that’s why you saw people trying to make cuts.

Anything you refuse to address while your guy is in office will only get bigger with the next.

Anything you refuse to address while your guy is in office will only get bigger with the next.
he attempted to address it…more people have to be on board and the dems refuse to do anything about it

major reform is needed to entitlements which are the largest drivers over debt. That can’t happen without bipartisanship

but that’s not true…moreover hard to compare since nobody from the GOP asked for a spending bill this massive

Heh, that’s odd. It seems to me that the spending increased dramatically under Trump. But hey, I don’t get my news from news max.

When the Republicans were in the Oval, the Democrats were opposed to excessive spending.

Now that there is a Democrat in the Oval, it is roll reversal time again, and what do you know, the Republicans are opposed to excessive spending.

Heh, that’s odd. It seems to me that the spending increased dramatically under Trump. But hey, I don’t get my news from news max.

When the Republicans were in the Oval, the Democrats were opposed to excessive spending.

Now that there is a Democrat in the Oval, it is roll reversal time again, and what do you know, the Republicans are opposed to excessive spending.
You're ignoring the COVID stimulus, you fucking moron. The majority of Dems voted for that.

he attempted to address it…more people have to be on board and the dems refuse to do anything about it

major reform is needed to entitlements which are the largest drivers over debt. That can’t happen without bipartisanship

No one did squat. Empty rhetoric does not count. Just saying you are going to make Mexico pay for a wall does not make it happen. Just because you say that negotiating with the Chinese will be easy, does not make it so.

That’s a third of this and for the entire Govt…not infrastructure

No one did squat. Empty rhetoric does not count. Just saying you are going to make Mexico pay for a wall does not make it happen. Just because you say that negotiating with the Chinese will be easy, does not make it so.
Of course they did....https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-proposes-5-percent-budget-cut-each-cabinet-agency-n921231

There are plenty of more articles like this, and you can see the tone in many of them from the leftist propaganda.

Of course they did....https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-proposes-5-percent-budget-cut-each-cabinet-agency-n921231

There are plenty of more articles like this, and you can see the tone in many of them from the leftist propaganda.

I addressed this. Proposals are worthless. Actions.......actions are the only thing that matters.

I addressed this. Proposals are worthless. Actions.......actions are the only thing that matters.
Well proposals are actions....you do understand that we don't live in a totalarian regime...we have three seperate but co-equal branches of Govt.

The Executive can send budget request in, the Judicial branch can, but it's Congress that has to make a Budget....and there are two chambers in Congress, not to mention 100s of members, from different parties and poltiical ideological views, and there are safe guards in Congress that make sure or push for bipartisanship, as well as from one person or group from ramming something through...usually...

That branch the legislative branch is also the most political, as it is directly to the people...so when some leftist propagandist are more interested in gaining power, then leading, they won't actually get on board with cutting and reform and their propagandist, as I highlighted wil run with it.

Often causing public opinion from harming getting some much needed major reform done

Well proposals are actions....you do understand that we don't live in a totalarian regime...we have three seperate but co-equal branches of Govt.

The Executive can send budget request in, the Judicial branch can, but it's Congress that has to make a Budget....and there are two chambers in Congress, not to mention 100s of members, from different parties and poltiical ideological views, and there are safe guards in Congress that make sure or push for bipartisanship, as well as from one person or group from ramming something through...usually...

That branch the legislative branch is also the most political, as it is directly to the people...so when some leftist propagandist are more interested in gaining power, then leading, they won't actually get on board with cutting and reform and their propagandist, as I highlighted wil run with it.

Often causing public opinion from harming getting some much needed major reform done

The Republicans under Trump had the White House, Senate and House. If cuts weren't made then, they are never going to be made.

Say maybe the Neo-GOP can use the debt-ceiling brinkmanship to lead us into getting our credit rating lowered again!

Attaboy Ted.

Now stand in the corner with the dunce cap on if you didn't see this tried and true Old School GOP tactic being used again.

The Republicans under Trump had the White House, Senate and House. If cuts weren't made then, they are never going to be made.
I am not suggesting more couldn't of been done, but just because more wasn't done, doesn't mean you can't object when the left tries to pass three times that spending now.

To the left, a decrease in the baseline increase is a "cut", so those articles aren't exactly reliable.

I am not suggesting more couldn't of been done, but just because more wasn't done, doesn't mean you can't object when the left tries to pass three times that spending now.

Nothing was actually done. Obama said he was going to bring the troops home. Does he get credit for that even though he did the opposite?

correct the dems haven’t done one since trying to stop Civil Rights legislation. That seems to be the only thing they had any major issue with.
Then why would they try to preserve it?

Forum List

Back