Senate cannot try a private citizen !!!

They have zero constitutional power or right to do so
Trying T on fake charges is only a “ Soviet show trial “
I beg to differ. The reason is that it has happened before. Impeachment After Leaving Office - Law & Liberty .

Consider first the impeachment of Texas Governor James E. Ferguson in 1917. Ferguson resigned the governorship prior to his conviction by the Senate, so he was not a sitting governor when the Texas Senate convicted him in its impeachment trial. He subsequently sought to run again for governor in 1924. The Texas Supreme Court held that Ferguson’s impeachment actually occurred despite the fact that Ferguson had resigned his office prior to his conviction by the Senate.
The federal government isn't governed by the Constitution of Texas, dumbass.

The problem we have here is that the Senate members who want to have a trial, like their House counterparts, are mentally unbalanced and consumed by hate. There is no logic in what they do. They are obsessed with hurting Trump in any way they can because they fear him. They fear the crooked form of government that they have devised to enrich themselves will be dismantled in favor of one that our constitution and founders envisioned. Trump haters are America haters.

A police officer had his brains bashed out on Jan 6th ... why are you afraid to put The Donald on trial if he's innocent of inciting that riot? ...

If you support rioting in the Capitol ... then you hate America ...
Not true, you lying NAZI. He died of a stroke.
And someone pushed off a building dies of head trauma.

The problem we have here is that the Senate members who want to have a trial, like their House counterparts, are mentally unbalanced and consumed by hate. There is no logic in what they do. They are obsessed with hurting Trump in any way they can because they fear him. They fear the crooked form of government that they have devised to enrich themselves will be dismantled in favor of one that our constitution and founders envisioned. Trump haters are America haters.

Trump called down an angry mob of supporters on Congress. They have pretty darned good reasons to fear him.

Congress should be afraid of their constituents.
You were in Washington on the 6th, weren't you?

Great. But Trump did not resign his presidency. His term of office is officially over!
Congress holds no power over him now.
That just incentivized presidents to abuse their office just before leaving.

If impeachment can bar people from holding future office, it stands to reason they can be impeached after leaving.
The Constitution says otherwise, dumbass.

A police officer had his brains bashed out on Jan 6th ... why are you afraid to put The Donald on trial if he's innocent of inciting that riot? ...

Prove he was pushed off of a building.

I don't know whether they can or can't, although it has been done. I am just thrilled that the charlatan is gone, and we should move on.
You want him back in four years?

You want him egging on his followers with the hope that he might come back? You want more MAGA terrorism?

Nope. He has to be barred from ever holding office again. He has to be shown for what he is. A criminal
Won't happen but even if it did it wouldn't necessarily mean much of anything if he chooses otherwise. You don't have to be in office to run a political party and/or work on draining the swamp from outside. Your primary problem is not with him and never has been. It's with the American people.
The reality is that the "swamp" was inside the White House. I think that he has lost much of his lustre since the Jan 6 insurrection and election "fraud" accusations.

How Belknap became a private citizen is not an issue. That he was one set precedent
It very much IS an issue.

You aren't smart or honest enough to understand but it's the difference between the police grabbing
a prison inmate who escaped prison and someone who used to be in prison but who did his time already.

Officials have legal authority over the former of the two. But not the latter.

Have your mommy explain it.

Then you have no problem with the PROTEST Trump supported, but not the RIOT he didn't?
Had that remained a protest...and no attack on the Capitol taken place I would have no problem with it.

They went with the INTENT of storming the Capitol. It's all over their social network postings.

The riot started long before, (about 45 minutes), Trump finished his speech.

You really should get a clue before you post something.

Trump advocated a protest, not a riot.

Just like BLM advocated a protest, before the looting , arson, and rioting started.
That remains for the Impeachment trial to prove. The MAGA rats who attacked the Capitol certainly thought they were doing what Trump was asking for.
Do you really think innocence or guilt will have anything to do with the verdict? We already know all the Democrats will be voting guilty. In a real trial all those jurors would be disqualified. So don't anyone tell me this is a trial. This is far more like voting for the king of the prom. A bunch of bitter little people voting against someone they fear and hate in a popularity contest. This so called trial will make legal proceedings in Russia and China look fair. What is actually happening here is the Democrat party is revealing how bigoted and petty they really are. And don't give me any bullshit about this being your responsibility or you're trying to restore unity because that's an even a bigger crock of shit than this bogus trial is. It seems the Democrat party gets more delusional the more the media irrationally and unconditionally back them.
It's an impeachment trial not a criminal trial.

If and when he is charged and tried in a criminal court of law, is when he could be incarcerated, an impeachment trial is political, just as the founders devised it.

I don't know whether they can or can't, although it has been done. I am just thrilled that the charlatan is gone, and we should move on.
You want him back in four years?

You want him egging on his followers with the hope that he might come back? You want more MAGA terrorism?

Nope. He has to be barred from ever holding office again. He has to be shown for what he is. A criminal
Won't happen but even if it did it wouldn't necessarily mean much of anything if he chooses otherwise. You don't have to be in office to run a political party and/or work on draining the swamp from outside. Your primary problem is not with him and never has been. It's with the American people.
The reality is that the "swamp" was inside the White House. I think that he has lost much of his lustre since the Jan 6 insurrection and election "fraud" accusations.
That obviously isn't reality. You don't know what reality is.

Then you have no problem with the PROTEST Trump supported, but not the RIOT he didn't?
Had that remained a protest...and no attack on the Capitol taken place I would have no problem with it.

They went with the INTENT of storming the Capitol. It's all over their social network postings.

Just like BLM advocated a protest, before the looting , arson, and rioting started.
That remains for the Impeachment trial to prove. The MAGA rats who attacked the Capitol certainly thought they were doing what Trump was asking for.
Do you really think innocence or guilt will have anything to do with the verdict? We already know all the Democrats will be voting guilty. In a real trial all those jurors would be disqualified. So don't anyone tell me this is a trial. This is far more like voting for the king of the prom. A bunch of bitter little people voting against someone they fear and hate in a popularity contest. This so called trial will make legal proceedings in Russia and China look fair. What is actually happening here is the Democrat party is revealing how bigoted and petty they really are. And don't give me any bullshit about this being your responsibility or you're trying to restore unity because that's an even a bigger crock of shit than this bogus trial is. It seems the Democrat party gets more delusional the more the media irrationally and unconditionally back them.

If and when he is charged and tried in a criminal court of law, is when he could be incarcerated, an impeachment trial is political, just as the founders devised it.
He can't be tried and convicted in a criminal court because he did nothing illegal, dingbat.

Your boys during Trump's inauguration American hater.
Anarchists aren’t anyone’s boys. You are just desperate now.
There was no outrage over on your side when it happens to a Republican. Only silence, and in fact Harris raised funds for bail for the democrat scumbags over the summer. That should get her impeached.
No, Harris didn't. You scumbags are trying to treat a legitimate protest over murders of unarmed citizens that actually happened to an insurrection because of something that didn't. There is no equivalence.
1 day of rioting incited and engaged in by Antifa and BLM, the 1st Trump even in hundreds, with millions attending those events combined, in which violence occurred...but it was just another day of violence for Antifa and BLM.

The destruction caused by these foreign-funded Democrat-supported domestic terrorist has cost our communities hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars...

...and unlike the Capitol event, it continues...just as Harris said it would...just as she called for it to continue.

"IT SHOULD NOT STOP. WE SHOULD NOT STOP!'

IMPEACH HER ASS!
Not that accuracy matters to you...but supporting PROTESTS is far different from supporting riots.

You hate both in the case of the events of the summer and SUPPORT both in the case of the Capitol Insurrection
Don't look now but you are doing the same thing. Who decides what is a riot and what is a protest?
No one but Trumpers could watch and hear all the video of those SAVAGES who broke in to the capitol searching for Pence to hang him, and others, or brutally and viciously attacking Capitol police with flag poles still bearing our sacred flag and 2x4s, and fire extinguishers,

could not know the attack on the capitol was a riot and insurrection.

You lost your "the party of law and order" claim....that you never should have owned in the first place.

Just like all the looting, arson, and other destruction was caused by BLM last summer.

Right?

How Belknap became a private citizen is not an issue. That he was one set precedent
It very much IS an issue.

You aren't smart or honest enough to understand but it's the difference between the police grabbing
a prison inmate who escaped prison and someone who used to be in prison but who did his time already.

Officials have legal authority over the former of the two. But not the latter.

Have your mommy explain it.
This sad analogy makes no sense.

Well if we can't impeach Trump because he is not really President, how in the world will the GOP then be able impeach Biden someday with Commie Harris at the helm?

Think man!
You can't impeach people for what you imagine.

Nancy has twice, and 7many still think Clinton was impeached for no good reason.
No, Nancy impeached trump on valid charges. Bill Clintons impeachment should have never been.
No way, Bill Clintons should not be a POTUS after he put his d i c k into her mouth at the office.

Inciting insurrection is a criminal charge isn't it? As such he should be given due process. And if you think this bogus charge even remotely resembles what the founders had in mind, then you're in serious need of some remedial history. The founders would in no way condone either of these vindictive impeachments.

Well if we can't impeach Trump because he is not really President, how in the world will the GOP then be able impeach Biden someday with Commie Harris at the helm?

Think man!

Nancy has twice, and 7many still think Clinton was impeached for no good reason.
Fake news! :)

It wasn't her imagination!

Don't know what else you would call it.

She made up what she accused him of.
No she didn't.

The trial, that you never watched, proved he was guilty of the article charges, even the staunch republican LaMar Alexander said such....

The republicans just decided they would give him a Mulligan... claimed he learned his lesson.... :rolleyes:

Trial?

Which Committees forwarded their decisions to the House to back the charges?

They had floor discussion, they had a vote, they impeached Trump.

1611503109515.png

Unfortunately, and I agree with you, it is the only way to keep this charlatan and grifter from holding office again. Should it happen? No

Inciting insurrection is a criminal charge isn't it? As such he should be given due process. And if you think this bogus charge even remotely resembles what the founders had in mind, then you're in serious need of some remedial history. The founders would in no way condone either of these vindictive impeachments.
I agree that he should be arrested and charged.

Who died of head trauma?

Forum List

Back