Sen Warren crafts bill targeting cryptocurrency in Russia sanctions...Warren learns on MSNBC that McDonald's is banned in Russia, "Good", she bellows

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Elizabeth Warren (who has no idea how crypto works) is on MSNBC right now saying the US must regulate crypto currency because it’s used by oligarchs to move money and avoid sanctions

This is a power grab

Breaking News as Warren Was speaking: “McDonald’s is closing retail in Russia…”

Warren “good! we’ll even cut off the Big Macs”

i'll trying to find the video for y'all!

• Banned
Here is a scary thought that would explain a lot. What if Putin has an underlying health condition (COVID paranoia) that is incurable and progressive. Someone facing death, wanting an impossible legacy, has nothing to lose once that's lost. Then nuclear war is not a deterrent

This gang mentality of everyone needing to dog pile onto the perceived bad guy is a bit unsettling. To see even McDonald's joining the fight in shutting down a person or even a country. Even corporations are weaponizing themselves for politics and public opinions. To me that's unnerving.

It's obvious no one cares about Ukraine, it's about being perceived as you care about Ukraine and hate Russia. It's good public relations to them.

Ok Netflix and McDonald's shut down in Russia, how does that do anything but punish millions of innocent Russians who had nothing to do with this?

Out societies current trend of "you're with us or against" kind of attitude scares me.

Elizabeth Warren (who has no idea how crypto works) is on MSNBC right now saying the US must regulate crypto currency because it’s used by oligarchs to move money and avoid sanctions

This is a power grab

Breaking News as Warren Was speaking: “McDonald’s is closing retail in Russia…”

Warren “good! we’ll even cut off the Big Macs”

i'll trying to find the video for y'all!

She is being a good leftist and using a crisis to push her own agenda.

This gang mentality of everyone needing to dog pile onto the perceived bad guy is a bit unsettling. To see even McDonald's joining the fight in shutting down a person or even a country. Even corporations are weaponizing themselves for politics and public opinions. To me that's unnerving.

It's obvious no one cares about Ukraine, it's about being perceived as you care about Ukraine and hate Russia. It's good public relations to them.

Ok Netflix and McDonald's shut down in Russia, how does that do anything but punish millions of innocent Russians who had nothing to do with this?

Out societies current trend of "you're with us or against" kind of attitude scares me.
I agree with you that the cancel culture is a creepy and harmful thing for society.

I don't think this is exactly that, however. It's what also happened in the 1930s when the world tried collective security through sanctions, and besides government sanctions, like Biden saying we will not import Russian oil, there were lots of private sanctions, like not buying Italian exports when they aggressed against Ethiopia.

The sanctions we are trying now are much more and many more fronts than people did in the Thirties. They didn't work then, except on small and powerless countries. Never on big countries, notably against Italy, Japan, or Germany. They didn't hit the really important pinchpoints in the case of Italy, so they just conquered anyway and then the sanctions were lifted ------------ total failure.

The sanctions in the Thirties were NOT hunger sanctions, they gave that up after WWI, and these sanctions are not hunger sanctions either. McDonalds closing doors in Russia is hardly starving Russians! But Russia and Ukraine losing a lot of their own wheat production may well starve people in Egypt, Nigeria, and other places. But that is not our fault, it's Russia's fault.

If we really want to hurt Russians, there should be more McDonald's in Russia.

Guess it's back to killing Americans with obesity and heart disease.

Forum List

Back